Sounds good on paper but the poor counties probably wouldn't think much of it.
Here's a hypothetical question...which works on the same principal and fairness of a flat tax which y'all seem to like...what if we were to only let tax money be spent in the county it was generated from, would that be fair? Everyone of us in this area benefit in money allocated to our region based on the fact that we have so much poverty around here. If taxes were appropriated to be spent based on the county they came from, we wouldn't get that. We'd have to pay for our own roads..everything. Some of you act as if you are being ripped off by the gov. when ya pay taxes, and that those who have more shouldn't give more, etc. etc. If that is ever the case what you will find out is that we will end up with NOTHING.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Sounds good on paper but the poor counties probably wouldn't think much of it.
_________________________________________________________
HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not rich by any stretch of the word, but I can see their side of it. They went out and worked and did what it took to get that money, even if it is $500k after taxes, and they shouldn't be made to give more just because they have it and it won't hurt their budget any. It is a simple matter of fairness, if one is paying 22% then all should pay 22%. </div></div>
Even if it causes one person to struggle day-to-day to pay bills and the other to line their pockets w/interest-bearing funds that will never impact the economy.
And I keep hearing they "worked and did what it takes to get their money". Lots of these millionaires (more than we'd like to think) don't work, and/or they get their money by mistreating their workers and finding underhanded means to make more money or circumvent taxes. Some were born into it and blow their noses with $1,000 bills when that's as much money as some people make in 2 weeks' worth of work.
If it's a simple matter of fairness, that doesn't seem fair to me when we're trying to make sure our country give everyone the best standards of living in the world. Don't get me wrong, we're still #1, but we're slipping.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Tax money being spent only in the county it is generated from would only be a state issue in reality. Theres nothing wrong with a flat tax IMO, and if the IRS was done away with, placing fed taxes on consumer goods would at least start collecting tax on the numerous others who don't ante up into the system now.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
That's exactly what I'm saying. The haves would have more and the havenots would end up with nothing....our region as a whole are havenots.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's $10K less that's sitting stagnant in a bank/mutual fund</div></div>
Therein lies the fallacy of your argument. That $10K isn't being 'stagnant' in a bank account or mutual fund. That money is being invested in something that actually benefits people. That $10K is part of your mortgage loan or someone's vehicle loan.
The economy isn't a zero-sum game. I would much rather my money go into my bank account (or sit stagnant, if you prefer) than go to the federal government to pay for any social spending.
Stagnant indeed... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If it's a simple matter of fairness, that doesn't seem fair to me when we're trying to make sure our country give everyone the best standards of living in the world. Don't get me wrong, we're still #1, but we're slipping. </div></div>
Guess what, life isn't fair and it isn't the responsibility of government to ensure that fairness exists.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If it's a simple matter of fairness, that doesn't seem fair to me when we're trying to make sure our country give everyone the best standards of living in the world. Don't get me wrong, we're still #1, but we're slipping. </div></div>
Guess what, life isn't fair and it isn't the responsibility of government to ensure that fairness exists.</div></div>
Tell the part in bold to your buddy in regards to the flat tax, in that case--he's the one who brought up "fairness".
I'm not into fairness--I'm into what makes this country the global & personal economic model of the world again.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm not into fairness--I'm into what makes this country the global & personal economic model of the world again. </div></div>
Again?
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Hey NSSB, let me ask you a question. I see you on here everday bitching and moaning about Obama. let me hear your answer to why Mr. Mccain is a better choice.
Bookmarks