Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: OBAMA

  1. #11
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OBAMA

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't know if this is true or not bc to be honest with ya, I havn't kept up with much of what either Obama or McCain have to say. But, my dad and uncle both told me lastnight that Obama had said if hes elected he was going to pass a law to were that those who make $50,000 a year or less will not have to pay taxes. I know that he cant gurantee that bc Congress would have to approve on it, but I think that would be pretty nice. Like I said though, don't know if its true or not bc thats the first I've heard of it and I really don't care for either one of em as I feel we are screwed either way it goes. To me, its just which one sucks the least. </div></div>

    So he wants to encourage people to make as little as possible, or at least keep it below 50 grand? Now, I fit into that group of below 50K but I think that is stupid.

    Tax the rich while the poor pay nothing.

    Barack Obama is America's Robin Hood!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OBAMA

    Add another 100,000 to that and you're in the ballpark.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OBAMA

    I still have not decided yet....but this ALMOST makes me want to go out and vote for Obama right now...I mean if Farrakhan is throwing his support behind him. I think I will look and dig a little deeper. I know Obama has separated himself and has not asked for support from the Nation of Islam but still, I do not think I would want Farrakhan's support or stating that Obama is the "savior!"

    CHICAGO - In his first major public address since a cancer crisis, Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan said Sunday that presidential candidate Barack Obama is the "hope of the entire world" that the U.S. will change for the better.
    The 74-year-old Farrakhan, addressing an estimated crowd of 20,000 people at the annual Saviours' Day celebration, never outrightly endorsed Obama but spent most of the nearly two-hour speech praising the Illinois senator.
    "This young man is the hope of the entire world that America will change and be made better," he said. "This young man is capturing audiences of black and brown and red and yellow. If you look at Barack Obama's audiences and look at the effect of his words, those people are being transformed."
    Farrakhan compared Obama to the religion's founder, Fard Muhammad, who also had a white mother and black father.
    "A black man with a white mother became a savior to us," he told the crowd of mostly followers. "A black man with a white mother could turn out to be one who can lift America from her fall."

  4. #14
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: OBAMA

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7teen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't know if this is true or not bc to be honest with ya, I havn't kept up with much of what either Obama or McCain have to say. But, my dad and uncle both told me lastnight that Obama had said if hes elected he was going to pass a law to were that those who make $50,000 a year or less will not have to pay taxes. I know that he cant gurantee that bc Congress would have to approve on it, but I think that would be pretty nice. Like I said though, don't know if its true or not bc thats the first I've heard of it and I really don't care for either one of em as I feel we are screwed either way it goes. To me, its just which one sucks the least. </div></div>

    So he wants to encourage people to make as little as possible, or at least keep it below 50 grand? Now, I fit into that group of below 50K but I think that is stupid.

    Tax the rich while the poor pay nothing.

    Barack Obama is America's Robin Hood! </div></div>

    If you will look at elpn6's post above it is a quote - says to eliminate for SENIORS with an income under 50k.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OBAMA

    Gonna have to do something to help those seniors....

    Neither candidate has a plan for Medicare which should be broke in less than 7 years
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  6. #16
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: OBAMA

    If Obama could make his healthcare work...and he got in and the country is still in business. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OBAMA

    true, 6 years is a long time around this county anymore....But none the less, we are all paying for Medicare we wont be using under either of these jokers...
    You know anything about the climate in France Spuds??? maybe we should check it out
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  8. #18
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OBAMA

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vthokie22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yet meanwhile he wants a universal healthcare system

    how do you plan to fund that?

    think about it </div></div>

    by taxing the wealthiest 5%, getting out of Iraq, getting rid of programs that don't work or could work for less money, etc. </div></div>
    you are clueless

    </div></div>

    Pretty pathetic reply.

  9. #19
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: OBAMA

    Too many REAL Muslims in the weather to suit me. Canada, at least we could walk home if it all turned to crap. Probably just move in a cave near the top of Stone Moutain, good spring, sneak in the JNF for game. Been here too long to move out. Folks in the cities will be the ones with the real problems, we will have to kill'em by the thousands, nothing but concrete, no place to grow food and no game. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OBAMA

    Bring em on....
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •