Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Wonder..

  1. #1
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wonder..

    what Obama's cabinet will look like...any ideas??/

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    I think there will be more than 1 Republican in it...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    he will offer spots to Pubs to try and get them out of the hous, to get the dem # over 60 in the house....

    $200 sais McCain gets an offer, because If he takes it, a Democrat will take his house seat...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    The names floated last night were Powell (of course) and Luger. McCain would be a great unifier tho IMO...If he were selected for a spot, he could help the dems get some things done through his presence in the cabinet alone.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    I don't believe McCain would take it because of the possible placement of a Dem for his Senate seat.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    Seriously, how much longer do you think McCain plans to be a Senator...I think he'd take it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    I dont think he would until his term is up at best though. He won't jeopardize another seat in the Senate for a cabinet spot.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    He's a maverick...Sarah Palin said so herself. BTW Wonder if she's back home where she can see Russia from her house this morning?
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    Well--think of it this way--even if McCain got offered a cabinet position, took it, and became an advisor to Obama on any front--don't you think that he could help shape more important decisions by being an advisor to Obama with a Democratic majority in Congress (which they'll have whether he's in the Senate or not), than he would if he continued to be the "Maverick" of the Republican minority caucus?

    IF he gets offered a position in Obama's cabinet, he should take it if he really wants to help shape the direction of the country.

    I doubt he'll get offered though--to me all the above I wrote is hypothetical.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wonder..

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't you think that he could help shape more important decisions by being an advisor to Obama with a Democratic majority in Congress (which they'll have whether he's in the Senate or not), </div></div>

    It's not about majority at this point, it is about keeping it from becoming fillabuster proof if the Dems get 2 more seats...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •