Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: USDA official resigns amid race controversy

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    And for the record, I disagree with Berwick and his quote regarding healthcare.

That being said, I would like to see the context that's missing from this quote in the obviously redacted part of his quote (see the dashes).

The Tea Partiers and their ilk do the same thing w/political quotes as most of them do w/the Bible. They pick parts, shorten verses, embrace this but ignore that...all so it suits their own agendas.

I have heard the audio of him saying this and I am pretty sure the dashes are representing pauses and not parces.

And to skirt the question by trying to bring up Berwick after all the info I gave you on the Sherrod situation above shows that you don't have anything of substance to bring other than a hatred of the NAACP and a want for something in the Obama administration to fall to the ground. I disagree with the way the NAACP and the ACLU handle most things, (as they did in the Sherrod situation), and I don't agree w/everything in the Obama administration (cap & trade being 'tarded for example). BUT--I'm not actively rooting for the smearing and tearing down of our current US President's administration due to a USDA official getting attacked by a half-cocked hack like Andrew Breitbart. If you want to associate yourself with and agree w/him, go ahead. I'll think of you the same way I think of him.

Skirt what question? Did you just decide that this doesn't exist?

Yes I have watched the whole thing and see that she was telling a story of how she was using race to pawn off this white farmer on one of his own kind and then later after the farmer was forced into foreclosure she actually took up his case and did her job and tried to help. In the video put out by Breitbart he was showing Sherrod telling a tale of racism that was recieved by the naacp audience with laughter and cheers.
    "They weren?t cheering redemption; they were cheering discrimination. Upon hearing the cheers, Sherrod fails to offer any immediate clarification and even smiles right along with them." Breitbart
    So if this is such a non issue, then why was McDonnell's thesis paper such an issue for you ant junior??

I don't really give a fuk what you or anyone else thinks of me.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WASHINGTON ? An embarrassed White House apologized on Wednesday to a black Agriculture Department employee who was ousted for her remarks about race, acknowledging that officials did not know all the facts when she was fired.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs called the dismissal of Shirley Sherrod an injustice and a mistake and said he was apologizing for the "entire administration." He also said Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack was trying to reach her to extend an apology.

"I accept the apology," Sherrod said on CNN after watching Gibbs talk to reporters at a televised briefing.

Sherrod said the apology took too long and she wasn't sure if she wanted her job back now.

"I just don't know at this point, I don't know," she said, adding that she would be surprised if Vilsack offered her the job.

Gibbs said Obama has been briefed as the situation developed. Earlier, a White House official said Obama hadn't spoken with Sherrod about the controversy.

Sherrod was asked by department officials to resign on Monday after conservative bloggers posted an edited video of her saying she didn't initially give a white farmer as much help as she could have 24 years ago, when she was working for a farmers' aid group. Sherrod says she used the story in her speech to promote racial reconciliation and that the edited video distorted her remarks.

After a video of her full speech was posted online by the NAACP, the White House called the Agriculture Department about the case Tuesday night and it was agreed that her ouster should be reviewed because of the new evidence.

Gibbs said people in the administration and outside of it acted without all the facts.

White House apologizes to ousted USDA worker - Yahoo! News

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    I don't really give a fuk what you or anyone else thinks of me.
    You keep telling yourself that. Everyone cares to some extent. If you want to think/be like someone crazy & bigoted, that's how I'll think of you.

You can't run w/the pigs w/o getting some slop on you. Not too long before you start so smell like them either.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You keep telling yourself that. Everyone cares to some extent. If you want to think/be like someone crazy & bigoted, that's how I'll think of you.
    No I don't care what you think of me. But if I can be compared to Breitbart, Levin, Hannity, Wilkow or any of a host of other great conservatives then I thank you for seeing it.

You can't run w/the pigs w/o getting some slop on you. Not too long before you start so smell like them either
    You would know better than anyone because most of the slop that keeps coming out is from your side.
    Hell I thought I said I was done with all this chit on here a long time ago, way to slow at work if I am letting myself get dragged back into this stuff with a bunch of zombies--see other thread about best movie line ever.

YouTube - Donald Berwick on Redistributing Wealth
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Berwick argued that purposely provided an inadequate supply of health-care?as Britain?s health-care system does?is superior to allowing the market to provide an excess.

?In America, the best predictor of cost is supply; the more we make, the more we use?hospi*tal beds, consultancy services, procedures, diagnostic tests,? Dr. Berwick wrote. ?? Here, you choose a harder path. You plan the supply; you aim a bit low; you prefer slightly too lit*tle of a technology or a service to too much; then you search for care bottlenecks and try to relieve them.?

Taking his cues from the same place dear leader does, Karl Marx and the Communist Manifesto.

I've heard his quotes on the "redistribution" part, but I can't seem to find the other half anywhere besides right-wing blogs, nowhere. I know the first line isn't what he said with the "he argued.....". What the guy advocates is cutting costs like NHS and NICE do, which really consists of evaluation, but what other Marxist supported this very thing? Oh, that's right, Mark McClellan, the comish of the FDA and admin of Medicare/Medicaid under Bush.

No I don't care what you think of me. But if I can be compared to Breitbart, Levin, Hannity, Wilkow or any of a host of other great conservatives then I thank you for seeing it.
    Post of the year. My all-time favorite, you're a clown just like all of those you mentioned. Spouting off lies, hate and propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo99 View Post
    WASHINGTON ? An embarrassed White House apologized on Wednesday to a black Agriculture Department employee who was ousted for her remarks about race, acknowledging that officials did not know all the facts when she was fired.

Good, they needed to apologize. No reason this woman should have been pressured to resign because of that idiot. Foolish on the admin's part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12