Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fox News thread...

Since there is constantly some lie, propaganda or misleading info on there, I decided to make a thread about it and post whatever their hosts or guests are spouting off about.

Here's one of the latest bigger stories...

Fox host apologizes for Sherrod-Waters mixup - Yahoo! News

This is how many times they "mix up" videos and pictures? Trying to find where they were talking about people wearing less clothes out in public in this area, but show the video of Erica Badu's music video.

Here's some misleading on the border security, that Obama "broke his promise", which was a lie.

Doocy falsely claims Obama broke promise on border troops | Media Matters for America

After they were accused of contributing to the Sherrod debactcle, they lied and said they didn't report on it until after they knew she resigned.

Before admitting a "breakdown," Fox aggressively denied prematurely covering Sherrod story | Media Matters for America

14th Amendment is "anchor baby amendment" according to them.

Fox calls 14th Amendment "the anchor baby amendment" | Media Matters for America

Here's a couple lies Palin made on Fox about the dem. tax plan.

PolitiFact | Distorting Democratic plans on the Bush tax cuts

There's one with I think Gretchen reporting that the Taliban is training monkeys to kill us, the NASA and muslims thing that has been repeated on here too. Oh and when Byrd died, Beck said he and his staff had been trying for days to find video evidence of Byrd filibustering the Civil Rights bill, yet cameras weren't allowed on the Senate floor until the 80's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fox News thread...

Loved Colbert slamming them on their latest new rating that we won't hear much about from them, 1.38% of their audience is black, who's surprised?

Colbert: 23% of black Fox viewers are Juan Williams | Raw Story

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"The New York Times media reporter Brian Stelter tweeted last week that so far this season in primetime, Fox News has averaged just 29,000 African-Americans out of more than two million total viewers. Stelter said that he had gotten the data from the Nielsen company while working on a story for the paper."

So this is not a def. number just an estimation? And they are just talking about primetime hours not the total hours? If you're going to talk about something at least tell it all instead of picking out the pieces YOU want people to see
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Of course it's an estimation, I'm unfamiliar with any other way of collecting demographics? Care to post your other means? They don't go into people's house and sit down with them, it's always an estimation. Because it's an estimation, doesn't mean it's wrong or really more than "give or take a thousand", estimations don't really work like that. Nothing was left out, I posted the link for anyone to see, I'm not like you who copies and pastes random pieces from an article which I've caught you trying to do. I don't doubt for a second you soak up the lies on that station, it would explain why you're so clueless on here.

(CNN) - The Democratic National Committee called into question Fox News' objectivity Tuesday after it was reported that the cable network's parent company – News Corporation – recently donated $1 million to the Republican Governors Association.

"'Fair and Balanced' has been rendered utterly meaningless," Hari Sevugan, the DNC's national press secretary, said in a statement. "Any pretense that may have existed about the ties between Fox News and the Republican Party has been ripped violently away.

"No Republican who appears on Fox can be seen as answering to an independent press and all should appear with a disclaimer for who they truly are – the favored candidate of the corporate-friendly network. No Fox News political coverage can be seen as impartial and all of it should have a disclaimer for what it truly is – partisan propaganda."

News Corporation spokesman Jack Horner defended the donation.

"News Corporation believes in the power of free markets, and the RGA's pro-business agenda supports our priorities at this most critical time for our economy," Horner said in a statement to CNN.

Bloomberg was the first to report the contribution, based on the RGA's Internal Revenue Service filings. A review of the News Corporation IRS filings by CNN shows that a subsidiary of the company called News America Inc. made additional donations to both Democrats and Republicans in the 2010 election cycle, including $50,000 to the Democratic Attorneys General Association and $65,000 to the Republican State Leadership Committee. Those committees, as well as their Democratic counterparts, are 527 groups, meaning they are not subject to campaign finance contribution limits.

While News Corporation has used its political action committee to shower Democrats with campaign contributions, the total of those donations is dwarfed by the $1 million check it cut to the RGA.

Data collected by CQ Moneyline shows that News Corporation, through its political action committee, has contributed over $105,500 to Democratic candidates in the 2010 election cycle, while donating $74,700 to Republicans during the same time period. News Corporation's PAC has also donated $7,500 to Democratic-affiliated leadership PACs and $14,500 to GOP-related PACs. News Corporation, owned by Rupert Murdoch, has also given a total of $45,000 to other Democratic and Republican committees.

On the Democratic side, that includes $30,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and $15,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. As for Republicans, News Corporation donated $30,000 to the National Republican Congressional Committee and $15,000 to the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

A corporation's PAC is subject to a maximum spending limit of $5,000 per candidate per year and $15,000 per political party per year.

News Corporation is not alone among media corporations who donated to political parties and candidates, ultimately raising the issue of whether media companies and politics should mix.

"This is one piece of the puzzle that the public should consider when they are viewing coverage of politics," said Sheila Krumholz, executive director of the Center for Responsive Politics.

General Electric, which owns NBC, has also made substantial political contributions in the 2010 election cycle. For example, GE donated
    $688,900 to Democrats through its PAC this election cycle compared to $410,100 to Republicans. The company has also given $75,500 to Democratic-affiliated leadership PACs and $74,500 to Republican-affiliated leadership PACs.

Meanwhile, GE has donated $237,000 to the Democratic Governors Association and $205,000 to the Republican Governors Association.

Time Warner, the parent company of CNN, has given $60,000 to the Democratic Governors Association in the 2010 election cycle, according to CQ Moneyline. Meanwhile, Time Warner Cable, a former subsidiary of Time Warner, donated $50,000 to the RGA this election cycle.

But it doesn't end there. Time Warner's PAC has given $70,500 to Democratic candidates in the 2010 election cycle compared with $41,500 to Republicans. Time Warner also donated $5,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.

The political action committee for Viacom, the parent company of CBS, has contributed $108,700 to Democratic candidates this election cycle and $64,000 to Republicans, according to CQ Moneyline. The PAC has also contributed $22,000 to Democratic-affiliated leadership PACs and $21,500 Republican-affiliated leadership PACs. Viacom also donated $4,000 to the Pennsylvania Democratic Party last April.

And Disney, the parent company of ABC, has given $110,500 to Democratic candidates and $95,000 to Republicans through its PAC. It has also donated $16,000 to Democratic-affiliated leadership PACs and $20,000 to Republican-affiliated committees. Disney has also given $11,000 to Democratic Party PACs and $20,000 to Republican Party PACs.

"The question is 'Are these companies credible when they say they are simply supporting the Democratic process,'" Krumholz said. "I think that is largely ignored by the public as an adequate explanation for these big checks."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-gop-donation/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

News Flash!! All networks get it wrong, with the exception of maybe CNN. MSNBC AND CNBC and CBS and ABC are all propaganda fueled. Why not look into some of their shenannigans?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's mistakes that every network makes, but nothing comes close to what Faux spouts off on a daily basis. There's a difference in a network leaning one way or the other, than to flat out lie and mislead constantly because of that strong of a bias. There's a reason their viewers are the least uninformed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is why I get my news from CNN and not the other networks. I don't watch the "politicized" shows on the tv because none of them give you an unbiased and informed account. Don't watch Colbert either, his show is just for entertainment only and I think it is childish.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Of course it's an estimation, I'm unfamiliar with any other way of collecting demographics? Care to post your other means? They don't go into people's house and sit down with them, it's always an estimation. Because it's an estimation, doesn't mean it's wrong or really more than "give or take a thousand", estimations don't really work like that. Nothing was left out, I posted the link for anyone to see, I'm not like you who copies and pastes random pieces from an article which I've caught you trying to do. I don't doubt for a second you soak up the lies on that station, it would explain why you're so clueless on here.
    I always post the link just like you do tho so what's the difference? You're just a smart ass than is afraid to look wrong is all. You don't impress anybody if that's what you're always going for.
    And I do watch Fox News along with CNN and i read the AP news. So I do not hang on Fox's every word if that's what you're thing. Just goes to show you know nothing about me.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    That is why I get my news from CNN and not the other networks. I don't watch the "politicized" shows on the tv because none of them give you an unbiased and informed account. Don't watch Colbert either, his show is just for entertainment only and I think it is childish.
    CNN headline news is the best way to hear about current events without some type of analyst. Colbert and Stewarts show are for entertainment like the rest, they're just more upfront about it, but they're viewers are incredibly informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk3 View Post
    I always post the link just like you do tho so what's the difference? You're just a smart ass than is afraid to look wrong is all. You don't impress anybody if that's what you're always going for.
    And I do watch Fox News along with CNN and i read the AP news. So I do not hang on Fox's every word if that's what you're thing. Just goes to show you know nothing about me.
    Now you do, sometimes it's requested and then you post. Remember when you chopped up the projects in the stimulus? I'm not afraid to look wrong, I don't like being wrong like anyone else, so I usually stick to things that I research beforehand or know a little something about.
    Good for you, but it's pretty easy to see who's word you take more often. Wasn't anything personal, just from what you post on here, makes sense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    CNN headline news is the best way to hear about current events without some type of analyst. Colbert and Stewarts show are for entertainment like the rest, they're just more upfront about it, but they're viewers are incredibly informed.

Now you do, sometimes it's requested and then you post. Remember when you chopped up the projects in the stimulus? I'm not afraid to look wrong, I don't like being wrong like anyone else, so I usually stick to things that I research beforehand or know a little something about.
    Good for you, but it's pretty easy to see who's word you take more often. Wasn't anything personal, just from what you post on here, makes sense.
    I don't take anybody's words I say what i believe. There's a huge difference there

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast