Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mr. Boucher and Mr. Warner...

will be at the Russell County Conference Center in Lebanon this Friday, at 6:00 pm. Supposed to be music and good food, plus a chance to talk to some good politicians. Never met Warner before, pretty excited to see him in person.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Mr. Boucher and Mr. Warner...

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    good politicians.

Theres an oxymoron.......
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You'd be hard pressed to find anything bad about Warner. Is anyone else going? Not everyday you get to see a US Senator like that regardless of who it is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I met Warner once. I'm just telling what happened so take it for what it's worth.

I was with a very good friend who honestly would not know a democrat from a republican, has never voted in her life and truly could not care less about politics. I've known her for years and would have to say that she has an almost 6th sense about people.

At one time she was head of security at one the bars that I worked at as a bouncer. I could not begin to tell you the number of time she would come to us and point out a person who just walked in and issued a warning to us that this person should be watched, that before the night was over they would cause trouble. I cannot ever remember her being totally wrong. Only thing being the degree of trouble that they would cause before the end of the night.

So back to meeting Warner. He had a couple of people with him and he introduced himself and shook our hands. The instant they moved on out of ear-shot she leaned toward me and said, "who was that"? "He gives me the creeps". "I need to wash my hands" and headed straight to the ladies room.

True story. It wasn't till later that I explained to her that he was the governor. Didn't phase her a bit. In fact she said something like, "figures, that guy is nasty". I didn't ask her elaborate.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A couple of quick things I just remembered. He was running for Governor at the time this happened. Also, recently, probably within the last 1 or 2 years she asked me if "that politician that we met that time is still in office?" I explained to her that he was no longer in the office that he was running for but held another office. She said sometime negative that I can't remember and seemed to be worried by it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really don't have many issues with Warner at all. Very few people you can say that about in the political market.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't either. I was just relating what I found to be an interesting personal experience with him and a friend.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't had any dealings with Warner, but I have had plenty with Boucher. He may come off as a "dry, monotoned" person, but I can tell you that he seems genuinely earnest in his efforts to help his constituents. Although, my dealings had to do with a Veteran's Administration problem, he did get out and help with my claims. It was probably his staff that did the leg work, but I can assure you that by just the mention of his name at the V.A. in Roanoke, things got rolling and I got my claim approved. Now remember, I had been arguing and arguing with them for years, but once I got his office and staff involved, things progressed rather rapidly.

The point is, I am a "die-hard" republican, but he will get my vote and my family's vote everytime. He is only the second democrat I have ever voted for(the first was Jimmy Carter) but he will get it everytime now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boucher has helped my family personally, he helped my grandmother get her SSI. After awhile and things not going anywhere, she contacted his office and he actually got her a lawyer that got it for her pretty quickly. And just a few months ago, my grandfather's phone was completely screwed up(the line was actually) and he had called and complained for well over a month, finally they said they would send someone out in about two weeks...he just got fed up with it, called Bouchers office and they put a call in. Within about 5 hours the company called him and said they would be out there in 24 hours.

He gets things done, his seniority is gets us quite a bit for a rural area. Griffith getting in there would be a complete disaster and I'm not exaggerating, how anyone could vote for him is beyond believable, don't understand some of these people. Boucher looks like he'll win easily, what money Griffith has is spent is on attack ads, he's a joke and the worst thing that could happen to this area.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think Griffith stands a chance. The only way would have been if a bunch of Dems kicked back on Boucher for oddly enough some more moderate votes in the past 2 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast