Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Tea Party

OK, Glenn Beck is not important, really.

but the budding Tea Party movement is important. The TPer's claim to be a grassroots, middle class organization. They claim to be champions of the people, with no agenda except the betterment of the common man.

How many of you on here believe that??

Just curious, because its a total, boldface lie.

The claim that the Tea Party has gotten most of their capital from donations of $20 or less?
    False
    They dont mention the $1 million dollars recently donated by one "anonymous" person.
    They don't mention that FreedomWorkers, an organization that has supported the party by donations and training, is ran by Dick Armey, the former House majority leader and corporate lobbyist.
    Also neglected is the Citizens for Sound Economy, one of the biggest Tea Party backers in the US. Who is giving a significant amount of money, and runs Citizens for a Sound Economy?
    The billionaire Koch brothers.

Americans for Prosperity, one of the largest Tea Party supporters and financial backers?
    Funded by.............guess who? Koch brothers.

I just want people to be aware that the Tea Party is no different from any other political organization. Big business runs everything, do not be fooled.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Tea Party

Well, I have to agree with you on one point, they are no different than any other political organization. (I take it that you mean the Republicans and Democrats?)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All of them, GOP, Dems, Tea Party, all of them have big political donors pulling the strings.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, there are no (as in none / zero) truly honest politicians on the upper national level. No way of getting that far without being compromised and if they were to refuse to be compromised they would not be allowed to reach that level. I do mean allowed, I believe it is that controlled.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Beck has pushed a lot of this tea-bagging stuff, I believe he's the one or one of the main ones that started this particular movement last year.

They are obviously not grass-roots, when you think about the amount of funding this stuff takes, the speaking fee's and those nifty buses with their logo on the side...it's just big business running it.

I do think that if their candidates get any power or the more power they get, would equal disaster on a national stage. A Palin? O'Donnell? Angle? Rand? These people shouldn't ever be a manager at a fast-food chain, let alone altering legislation. They could be scary. Right now they aren't that powerful and I don't think they will get much more powerful, so it's just helping Dems. at the moment...but it terrifies me to imagine them getting more powerful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

its the big businesses on the opposite ends of benefiting from either political side winning that funds every single politician.
    if a business benefits more by having a more progessive lean and having alternate fuel resources research and production, they support the Dems.
    on the other side, the big financial institutions and big global corporations benefit more by less regulation and lower taxes, so they support the GOP. or they ARE the GOP, who knows. its all the same anymore.

its foolish to assume that either side is not ruled by CEOs and COOs, its a lesser of two evils thing for me.
    i truly believe the GOP is basically just big business and corporations in a shell with a religious right outside.
    but no matter who wins, they win. the top 1% of this country govern the rest of us, whether its in legislation, business, etc...