Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Obama's race in abortion debate

Santorum invokes Obama’s race in abortion debate

By Holly Bailey

By Holly Bailey holly Bailey – Thu Jan 20, 12:58 pm ET
    ]Rick Santorum says President Obama should be against abortion because Obama is black.
    The Republican ex-senator, who is exploring a possible 2012 presidential bid, made the comments interview with CNSNews.com's Terry Jeffrey.
    "The question is -- and this is what Barack Obama didn't want to answer: Is that human life a person under the Constitution? And Barack Obama says no," Santorum says in the interview, which was first picked up by CBN's David Brody. "Well if that person, human life is not a person, then, I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say, 'We are going to decide who are people and who are not people.'"

Santorum was referring to Obama's comments at a 2008 forum with Pastor Rick Warren in which he said the question of whether a baby should have human rights was "above my pay grade." Obama later said his remark was too flip, but "I don't presume to be able to answer these kinds of theological questions."
    Santorum took Obama to task for his position.
    "Just about everything else in the world he's willing to do -- have the government do -- but he can't answer that basic question which is not a debatable issue at all," Santorum told Jeffrey. "I don't think you'll find a biologist in the world who will say that is not a human life."
    The Atlantic's Garance Franke-Ruta points out that anti-abortion activists have raised the race issue before -- for example, seeing an "equivalent denial of personhood for two different categories of human beings, slaves and unborn children."
    In a statement to CBN's Brody, Santorum stood behind his comment, says he's "disappointed that President Obama, who rightfully fights for civil rights, refuses to recognize the civil rights of the unborn in this country."
    (Photo of Santorum: Jose Luis Magana/AP)

Santorum invokes Obama’s race in abortion debate - Yahoo! News

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Obama's race in abortion debate

What an idiot, those comments will do wonders for his reputation. A fox news contributor and possible GOP hopeful in 2012, no big shocker there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suppose we all have different opinions of when a unborn child is considered a human life. For me I believe its at conception, others I am sure will differ.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well the law differs too, at conception brings in the dispute of condoms being used or any type of birth control or emergency contraception. What's disgusting though is him injecting race in this, most pro-life people are pro-choice anyway.