Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IS THE TEACHINGS REAL ON PURGATORY?

Re: IS THE TEACHINGS REAL ON PURGATORY?

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"just trying to plant a seed..."

I know I stated earlier that I wouldn't post on the Religion forum again, but that statement above really incensed me. I thought this forum was created for religious debate, not trying to convert the masses. If you're trying to "plant a seed", you're trying to convert someone to your way of thinking. Now I'm all for religious freedom...by all means, worship however and whatever you want. What I will not tolerate, however, is having it pushed in my face, now even on an internet message board. Now moderators, if you can't see this now as a blatant effort to convert people to the flock, then you need to open your eyes. I for one do not think that has a proper place on this message board.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No one is trying to make you do anything. Just because hokie bird is giving insight and opinions does not in any way mean they are pushing anything down your throat.
    crack is whack

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By its nature, this board should have discussion. No doubt, on a political board, some are going to try to covert the non-party members to support their party, likewise on this board, religious folks are going to try to make people see their way of thinking.

Nothing wrong IMO with planting a seed to make people think or discuss but likewise, don't go postal if someone thinks you're full of crap

I pretty much do not read much of Hokie_bird's posts. I appreciate their conviction, but IMO, I think they have the blinders on a bit.

If someone has a discussion about a particular subject and they try to turn it into a sermon then we can edit/delete that. If they want to post a daily or whatever topic, nothing says I or you have to read it.

To me, its about like reading some of the extreme right-wing or left-wing political threads. You know what you're getting, if you choose to read it and it ticks you (or in that case me) off, brought it on yourself (or myself) lol

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

There is no debate... the Bible and it's scriptures are not up for debate...however you can debate them but it does not change them..... I do not convert anyone... the Spirit does that... it is not my job... so stop blaming it on me....and another thing it is not my way of thinking... get your accusations right... what is my way of thinking... give me some evidence or leave it alone... and by the way you are wrong this is the time and place for it.

Sorry that you do not read much of my posts.... anyway that is your right... now try and convince others of that. That is you opinion and I respect that but that does not make you right.. and me wrong or the other way around... just your outlook on things. Thanks though.

Would you please clarify Rocketer? Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clarify....what
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"If someone has a discussion about a particular subject and they try to turn it into a sermon then we can edit/delete that."

You don't see these posts as one big long sermon?
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Somewhat
    If they make posts that are on topic and dont highjack every thread, then there is some lattitude since it is a religion forum

If this was on the non-sports forum, it would be less

There is/was a daily verse on the non-sports forum. It wasn't an issue. People knew they could or could not read it.

The biggest issue I have is that for most of the posts hokie bird posts, they appear off of a website, and if someone wanted to, they could just as easily go to a satanic website and find something that 'supports their view'. Discuss, sometimes cite a Bible verse to make a reference point but definitely dont hijack every discussion with cut/paste jobs [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I do like the particular subject threads referencing an issue. That way if someone questions or wants to know more, they can read that.

If someone says what does a Hindu believe, dont give us a 3 page paper on Water to wine [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast