Thread: Religion Forum.....

Religion Forum.....

In my opinion the moderator that allowed this to be put on the heading does not lead by example." AKA Pac- Man's pulpit".. come on. Well I have no control over it and I choose not to fight it because it will not help. The moderators who run this board are allowed to do what they wish and go unchecked... and that is all I will say about that. Thanks and have a great day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Religion Forum.....

If you have such a problem with the moderators then why do you stay around?
    If everyone is always picking on you why do you stay?

You cry out INJUSTICE when you bring it upon yourself.

(Test)
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the_alienist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have such a problem with the moderators then why do you stay around?
    If everyone is always picking on you why do you stay?

You cry out INJUSTICE when you bring it upon yourself. </div></div>

I do not have any personal problems with any moderators... I know Cane.. personally.. he is a good guy.. we just disagree somtimes... Rock I do not know.. seems like a good guy though. I am staying around because I enjoy this forum. I am just in disagreement with it being allowed on there. That is all... I will get over it I guess. Thanks for your concern though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pul·pit /ˈpʊlpɪt, ˈpʌl-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pool-pit, puhl-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    ?noun 1. a platform or raised structure in a church, from which the sermon is delivered or the service is conducted.

Do you deny you're trying to spread the word through this forum?
    When taken literally it's not something to be considered an insult.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pul·pit /ˈpʊlpɪt, ˈpʌl-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pool-pit, puhl-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    ?noun 1. a platform or raised structure in a church, from which the sermon is delivered or the service is conducted.

Do you deny you're trying to spread the word through this forum?
    When taken literally it's not something to be considered an insult.
    </div></div>

No, I am not denying that I wish for all people to come to the true knowledge of who Christ is... I do not take it as an insult. I am just concerned about the motivation in behind it... I am not sure.. I think Rock said he was bored on a Friday night or something. I am not delivering sermons... I am just discussing hot topics... and I give scripture reference to my posts... and people mistake that for arrogance.I have been accused of being narrow-minded also because I fefuse to believe anything contray to the Bible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its not that you are considered arrogant b/c you won't believe anything contrary to the Bible, that is your belief and that's fine

Its the simple fact that you try to push that on others who may not believe that the Bible is fact and that it is the only way to interpret anything. Sometimes you would get more people to respect you if you would just say, I see where you are coming from but I respectfully disagree with you.
    I can honestly respect and like someone even if they disagree with me, if they will only listen to my point and not try to argue about it but just let it be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the_alienist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not that you are considered arrogant b/c you won't believe anything contrary to the Bible, that is your belief and that's fine

Its the simple fact that you try to push that on others who may not believe that the Bible is fact and that it is the only way to interpret anything. Sometimes you would get more people to respect you if you would just say, I see where you are coming from but I respectfully disagree with you.
    I can honestly respect and like someone even if they disagree with me, if they will only listen to my point and not try to argue about it but just let it be. </div></div>

I see where you are coming from on pushing others to believe.. but I respectfully disagree... I do not intend to make anyone believe anything. But the rest is very wise and I agree. Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that you have a lot of knowledge and some people will be drawn to that alone, you have to let the spirit lead and not do if for personal goals.

Christ himself was a model of respect, he went to the undesireables and used them as examples, he didn't go with a preconcieved idea of who they were but met them where they were and listened to them.
    That's my definiton of a savior, and to be honest, brings to mind grace, which is UNDESERVED favor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the_alienist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that you have a lot of knowledge and some people will be drawn to that alone, you have to let the spirit lead and not do if for personal goals.

Christ himself was a model of respect, he went to the undesireables and used them as examples, he didn't go with a preconcieved idea of who they were but met them where they were and listened to them.
    That's my definiton of a savior, and to be honest, brings to mind grace, which is UNDESERVED favor </div></div>

I enjoy studying the Bible.....I feel like I allow the spirit to lead me. I guess sometimes it may seem that I have preconcieved ideas.. but for the most part I dont though... I know sometimes I get defensive because I will face opposition.. but I am working on that. I probably need to listen more.. you are right... sometimes I do not thouroughly think before I speak... so thanks for the reminder.