Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who promises what?

Who promises what?

First off let me explain why I am writing this. I am not a "Bigot" my motive in writing this is to inform and allow everyone of us to make a decision.

Beliefs of Muslims:
    They believe they will be rewarded by deeds.. they do not believe that heaven and hell are actual places...Hell is a place for purifications not for eternity.They live by the teachings of the Koran..written by Muhammad... in their eyes he is a prophet.. I never seen him mentioned in the Holy Bible.. but anywayIslam means submission or submitt to Allah which is Arabic for "the God" Muhammad was born in 570 c.e. in Mecca... I have tried to research him but cannot find any confirmed historical evidence on him. Muslims believe he recieved Gods final revelation to mankind. (I thought John did).So basically if you wish to follow this religion here is all you have to do: 1. Do a ritual of Prayers everyday 2. fast once a year 3. oBEY TEACHINGS OF Muhammad.. and travel to Mecca once a year. If you do this and are under submission you will get some virgins in paradise.Not making fun... this is what they believe.

Buddhism beliefs:
    Founded over 2500 tears ago.. dominant in the far east their emphasis is on religious rituals, worship of deities, and meditation.. the meaning of the name is the system taught by the Buddha... to my knowledge their is no promise of Eternal life. They believe you do not have a soul.Purpose of their life is to escape the cycle of rebirth.Basically they worship Gods or Goddessess.

Roman Catholics:
    Previously Rome taught that there si no salvation for anyone else.. but they changed their mind and said as long as you follow your religion conscientiously you will be saved. Their intercessor is Mary the mother of Jesus.. that is who passes your prayers on to God the Father.That is all I will discuss about this one.. but I encourage you to study it for yourself.

Jews
    Only thing that needs to be said about this is they do not believe that Jesus came to earth already... so...

Jehova's Witness
    Founded by Charles Russell.. they do not believe that Jjesus was God in the flesh.. his son... they state that Jesus was not born again until he was baptized.... He was once Michael the Arch Angel.. Jesus made no appearances after his resurrection.They rewrote the Bible in their own way it is called thr New World Bible... I say do not read it.Here is how you obtain salvation by studying the JW Bible in context to their teachings, associate with other JW,and spread their teachings.And they do not believe there is a hell.. so no punishment for sinners that do not accept Jesus Christ.

Christianity beliefs
    We are saved by grace.. Gods grace
    No rituals to follow.. just obedience to God
    We follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and believe he is the Son of God... we believe that he died for our sins and that he was raised from the Dead... made appearances and then went to be with God.. his father.. that is where he is now.. not dead but alive forevermore. Jesus is our intercessor.. he is the Lamb of God.. we believe that you must be born again.. read the story about Nicodemus.... in the Bible. We go by the teachings of the Bible and no other litature. We believe there is a hell put Gods desire is that no one would persih there.

I could go on and on.. but just trying to make a point. We can choose to worship anyone or anything.. that is our right.. but no other religion offers what Jesus has offered us... he loves us and died for our sins. I get accused al the time of not being tolerant of other religions... I am guilty of that because after I read some of their beliefs.. they are just outlandish and crazy... in my opinion being decieved by any other way than the road that Jesus has given us is unconceivable to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Who promises what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beliefs of Muslims:
    They believe they will be rewarded by deeds.. they do not believe that heaven and hell are actual places...Hell is a place for purifications not for eternity.They live by the teachings of the Koran..written by Muhammad... in their eyes he is a prophet.. I never seen him mentioned in the Holy Bible.. but anywayIslam means submission or submitt to Allah which is Arabic for "the God" Muhammad was born in 570 c.e. in Mecca... I have tried to research him but cannot find any confirmed historical evidence on him. Muslims believe he recieved Gods final revelation to mankind. (I thought John did).So basically if you wish to follow this religion here is all you have to do: 1. Do a ritual of Prayers everyday 2. fast once a year 3. oBEY TEACHINGS OF Muhammad.. and travel to Mecca once a year. If you do this and are under submission you will get some virgins in paradise.Not making fun... this is what they believe.</div></div>

Please post accurate information.
    http://www.islam-guide.com/

Regarding Hell:
    God has said in the Quran:

Those who have disbelieved and died in disbelief, the earth full of gold would not be accepted from any of them if one offered it as a ransom. They will have a painful punishment, and they will have no helpers. (Quran, 3:91)

So, this life is our only chance to win Paradise and to escape from Hellfire, because if someone dies in disbelief, he will not have another chance to come back to this world to believe. As God has said in the Quran about what is going to happen for the unbelievers on the Day of Judgment:

If you could but see when they are set before the Fire (Hell) and say, "Would that we might return (to the world)! Then we would not reject the verses of our Lord, but we would be of the believers!"? (Quran, 6:27)

But no one will have this second opportunity.

The Prophet Muhammad said: {The happiest man in the world of those doomed to the Fire (Hell) on the Day of Judgment will be dipped in the Fire once. Then he will be asked, "Son of Adam, did you ever see any good? Did you ever experience any blessing?"? So he will say, "No, by God, O Lord!"?}1

Who is Muhammad?
    http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch3-8.htm

The "receiving virgins" thing isn't accurate either.
    http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch2-1.htm

Regarding "Allah"
    The Arabic word Allah means God (the one and only true God who created the whole universe). This word Allah is a name for God, which is used by Arabic speakers, both Arab Muslims and Arab Christians. This word cannot be used to designate anything other than the one true God. The Arabic word Allah occurs in the Quran about 2700 times. In Aramaic, a language related closely to Arabic and the language that Jesus habitually spoke,4 God is also referred to as Allah.

http://www.islamicity.com/Mosque/Muhammad_Bible.HTM
    Muhammad and the Bible
    Definitely read this one.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

They believe in hell as a form of purification.. meaning some Muslim believers were not good enough so they need to be perified in hell.. just as silver is purified in the fire.They believe that it is not eternal. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry, are you even reading anything I post?
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those who have disbelieved and died in disbelief, the earth full of gold would not be accepted from any of them if one offered it as a ransom. They will have a painful punishment, and they will have no helpers</div></div>

I've come to the conclusion that you already believe what you want and no amount of proof otherwise will change your mind, even if it's hard facts in black and white.

The myths are much more intersting to you than the facts.

I have posted facts. I have posted links to many quality references and you refuse to read them and prefer to stick with the myths. Therefore there is no room to discuss this with you further. Neither of us is going to budge.

At the age of forty, Muhammad received his first revelation from God through the Angel Gabriel. The revelations continued for twenty-three years, and they are collectively known as the Quran.

As soon as he began to recite the Quran and to preach the truth which God had revealed to him, he and his small group of followers suffered persecution from unbelievers. The persecution grew so fierce that in the year 622 God gave them the command to emigrate. This emigration from Makkah to the city of Madinah, some 260 miles to the north, marks the beginning of the Muslim calendar.

After several years, Muhammad and his followers were able to return to Makkah, where they forgave their enemies. Before Muhammad died, at the age of sixty-three, the greater part of the Arabian Peninsula had become Muslim, and within a century of his death, Islam had spread to Spain in the West and as far East as China. Among the reasons for the rapid and peaceful spread of Islam was the truth and clarity of its doctrine. Islam calls for faith in only one God, Who is the only one worthy of worship.

The Prophet Muhammad was a perfect example of an honest, just, merciful, compassionate, truthful, and brave human being. Though he was a man, he was far removed from all evil characteristics and strove solely for the sake of God and His reward in the Hereafter. Moreover, in all his actions and dealings, he was ever mindful and fearful of God.

This is what you read right? I stated that thir was no confirmed History about him..All I have been able to confirm is his fathers name.. when he was born... and he was a and he came up with this religion.I believe it is pretty accurate.. respectfully what makes you think yours is accurate? I have looked at over 10 different sites to attept to find something and the majority never confirmed anything that you read in the other article.

In the Gospel according to John (Chapters 14, 15, 16) Jesus spoke of the "Paraclete" or comforter who will come after him, who will be sent by Father as another Paraclete, who will teach new things which the contemporaries of Jesus could not bear. While the Paraclete is described as the spirit of truth, (whose meaning resemble Muhammad's famous title Al-Amin, the trustworthy), he is identified in one verse as the Holy Ghost (John 14:26). Such a designation is however inconsistent with the profile of that Paraclete. In the words of the Dictionary of the Bible, (Ed. J. Mackenzie) "These items, it must be admitted do not give an entirely coherent picture."

Indeed history tells us that many early Christians understood the Paraclete to be a man and not a spirit. This might explain the followings who responded to some who claimed, without meeting the criteria stipulated by Jesus, to be the awaited "Paraciete".

It was Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who was the Paraclete, Comforter, helper, admonisher sent by God after Jesus. He testified of Jesus, taught new things which could not be borne at Jesus' time, he spoke what he heard (revelation), he dwells with the believers (through his well-preserved teachings). Such teachings will remain forever because he was the last messenger of God, the only Universal Messenger to unite the whole of humanity under God and on the path of PRESERVED truth. He told of many things to come which "came to pass" in the minutest detail meeting, the criterion given by Moses to distinguish between the true prophet and the false prophets (Deuteronomy 18:22). He did reprove the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement (John 16:8-11)This is some of the article you told me to read.... I respectfully have to say that this is so crazy.. lol These scriptures were talking about the Holy Spirit and not=Muhammad...The spirit is what leads guides and directs us. Ask anyone on here what those scriptures mean and they wil tell you. I am not directing this towards you because you did not write it... BUt now the story of Ishmael Abrahams son... I learned years ago about this in Bible School and it is believed that it is where it got its start... then Issac and Jacob chose a different path. BUT over 95% of that article is incorrect according to Bible and what it teaches.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That just goes to show...scripture can be interpreted in their context to mean more than one thing.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That just goes to show...scripture can be interpreted in their context to mean more than one thing. </div></div>

I agree that scripture can be interupted wrong by people. i was just trying to make a point that the Muslim site had the courage to go to the Bible and make it line up with their Koran... that is just wrong [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont see it as wrong at all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK...so how do you know their interpretation is wrong and yours is right?...And don't say cuz they told me at Sunday school...BTW, muslims use the bible in their services too.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont see it as wrong at all.
    </div></div>

Okay that is fine... I respectfully just ask that you study those verses on your own to see what they mean and dont take the web sites word for it or mine. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast