Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Vatican: Non-Catholics 'wounded' by not recognizing pope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VATICAN CITY (Reuters) -- The Vatican on Tuesday said Christian denominations outside the Roman Catholic Church were not full churches of Jesus Christ.

A 16-page document, prepared by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which Pope Benedict used to head, described Christian Orthodox churches as true churches, but suffering from a "wound" since they do not recognize the primacy of the Pope.

But the document said the "wound is still more profound" in the Protestant denominations -- a view likely to further complicate relations with Protestants.

"Despite the fact that this teaching has created no little distress ... it is nevertheless difficult to see how the title of 'Church' could possibly be attributed to them," it said.

The Vatican text, which restates the controversial document "Dominus Iesus" issued by the then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger in 2000, said the Church wanted to stress this point because some Catholic theologians continued to misunderstand it.

Ratzinger was elected Pope in April 2005. The document is his second strong reaffirmation of Catholic tradition in four days, following a decree on Saturday restoring the old Latin Mass alongside the modern liturgy.

The document stressed that dialogue with other Christians remained "one of the priorities of the Catholic Church."

The document, issued by Benedict's successor in doctrinal matters, Cardinal William Levada, complemented the Latin Mass decree in aiming to correct what it called "erroneous or ambiguous" interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, which took place from 1962 to 1965.

Church modernizers interpreted the Council as a break from the past while conservatives, like Benedict, see it in continuity with 2,000 years of Catholic tradition.

The document said the Council's opening to other faiths recognized there were "many elements of sanctification and truth" in other Christian denominations, but stressed only Catholicism had all the elements to be Christ's Church fully.

The text refers to "ecclesial communities originating from the Reformation," a term used to refer to Protestants and Anglicans. Father Augustine Di Noia, under-secretary for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, said the document did not alter the commitment for ecumenical dialogue, but aimed to assert Catholic identity in those talks.

"The Church is not backtracking on ecumenical commitment," Di Noia told Vatican radio.

"But, as you know, it is fundamental to any kind of dialogue that the participants are clear about their own identity. That is, dialogue cannot be an occasion to accommodate or soften what you actually understand yourself to be."
    </div></div>

What are your views on this?
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
    Heb 4:14-16 (KJV)

Enough to show that the Catholics have it wrong to start with, as Jesus is our High Priest, and no where in the New Testamant do we have a model or selection process to have one man in charge of the spiritual state of the church. There are guidelines for choosing pastors and deacons, and advice on choosing teachers, but no Pope guidelines. I remember very well one prominent local minister who held that in general Catholics were not saved, as by their teachings, they had no true conversion experience. He also held that some would be saved but out of their geniune search for the truth, and not for the dogma and rituals of the Catholic church. Having family members that are Catholic and having attended Catholic services, I tend to agree with his assessment. They think they need to reach out to Protestant faiths, when in fact the very opposite is true.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
    Heb 4:14-16 (KJV)

Enough to show that the Catholics have it wrong to start with, as Jesus is our High Priest, and no where in the New Testamant do we have a model or selection process to have one man in charge of the spiritual state of the church. There are guidelines for choosing pastors and deacons, and advice on choosing teachers, but no Pope guidelines. I remember very well one prominent local minister who held that in general Catholics were not saved, as by their teachings, they had no true conversion experience. He also held that some would be saved but out of their geniune search for the truth, and not for the dogma and rituals of the Catholic church. Having family members that are Catholic and having attended Catholic services, I tend to agree with his assessment. They think they need to reach out to Protestant faiths, when in fact the very opposite is true. </div></div>

I know and the sad thing is it is the biggest denomination in the World.It is said when people think that by doing rituals it will draw them close to God in fellowship and worse than that is that leaders of the church are deceiving the people.I remember a while back I was talkinig to someone and I ask them where they went to church and they responded with I am Catholic. I then ask them why they chose to be Catholic, their response was because my mom and dad are Catholic. I then proceeded to ask what the Catholic believed (already knowing but curious if they knew)and they said I really dont know.I think that is a problem with a lot of Denominations.
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've always believed the Catholic Church, and the Pope himself, will be part of the great deception the antichrist will smother the earth in. I think the Pope will be one of the false prophets who proclaims Jesus has returned when in fact it is the Antichrist.
    The Catholic Church in my opinion is very corrupt. They control information to control the members of their faith.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[quote=Shooter]I've always believed the Catholic Church, and the Pope himself, will be part of the great deception the antichrist will smother the earth in. I think the Pope will be one of the false prophets who proclaims Jesus has returned when in fact it is the Antichrist.
    The Catholic Church in my opinion is very corrupt. They control information to control the members of their faith. [/q

I see your point and I have pondered the same things.When the Pope made a statement to change the name of God to Allah, I have pondered more about it.

Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gym Monster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Shooter]I've always believed the Catholic Church, and the Pope himself, will be part of the great deception the antichrist will smother the earth in. I think the Pope will be one of the false prophets who proclaims Jesus has returned when in fact it is the Antichrist.
    The Catholic Church in my opinion is very corrupt. They control information to control the members of their faith. [/q

I see your point and I have pondered the same things.When the Pope made a statement to change the name of God to Allah, I have pondered more about it. </div></div>
    __________________________________________________ _______________

When did the pope do this?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: juggernaut28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gym Monster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Shooter]I've always believed the Catholic Church, and the Pope himself, will be part of the great deception the antichrist will smother the earth in. I think the Pope will be one of the false prophets who proclaims Jesus has returned when in fact it is the Antichrist.

I see your point and I have pondered the same things.When the Pope made a statement to change the name of God to Allah, I have pondered more about it. </div></div>
    __________________________________________________ _______________

When did the pope do this? </div></div>

Go back to the first page and view the last post by me. There is a link there, just click on it and read.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12