Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: End of Christianity...

Burton 13, When you die I hope you think about what you are saying right now when god makes you countable for all that you have done, and sends you to hell (unless you might be able to see the light between here and there, but who knows this might be your last second on Earth). Well, on second thought, you will be down there with people just like you (gay liberals). Better hope hell has some lube cause your gona need it. Another second thought, you will like that stuff anyway just like here on Earth.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    thats why i didnt say facts, i said it had some factual evidence, and it is just a theory, like any other belief on how this world came to be.
    Wouldn't "factual evidenct" be based on facts? If it is not proven completely it isn't a fact, or factual. It may be evidence, but anything can be evidence. I'm not trying to be a complete smartelic or anything, Im just saying. There's really no more evidence for the theory of evolution as their is for creationism.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crackersneckian View Post
    There has had to be some dramatic experience that Burton13 and Biggin has had to deal with in their young life or from birth. For them to be so young and already full of hate and anger. Maybe it had to do with some birth defect they've had or something to do with being raised by a single parent. No matter what it is I hope they can resolve their problems before they are so full of anger that it could cause permenant damage to their bodies or innerself. Maybe they were abused at some time in their life, anyway I hope you guys can find peace and get well soon.

There's really no need for those types of assumptions. That is part of what makes people look down upon Christians, and only puts them off even more on putting their faith toward God. They live in a country that, thank God, they can feel that way if they so choose. We all don't have to agree in this land.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Inactive Member Crackersneckian's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    There's really no need for those types of assumptions. That is part of what makes people look down upon Christians, and only puts them off even more on putting their faith toward God. They live in a country that, thank God, they can feel that way if they so choose. We all don't have to agree in this land.
    I meant no harm in this post, its just I've seen problems like this before and the causes I was talking about has acctually happened. I've seen it first hand and I was kind of taking up for them. I agree we all don't have to agree because its that way in alot of households between family members. Since you feel that I over stepped my bounds then I will erase my post. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    As for the science part, they don't really go hand and hand at all when it comes to how we got here. Though evolution still is a theory, I'd say it has a lot more facts to it then Adam and Eve. Science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind, those aren't my words btw.
    I do not see how evolution is a BIG problem

1) The 1st argument is that the earth is billions of years old and CAN NOT have been made in 144 hours (6 Days X 24 Hours) to this I say Who says it was 24 hour days? The bible was NOT written in English but was translated to english.....The Hebrew word used when speaking of creation (Days) is yon which CAN mean a 24 hour day or a unit of work time which is determined by its context in a sentence (Think of it like the Jurassic age (Millions of years) The dark age(hundreds of years and a coons age (anywhere between several years and a month LOL) In any case there is nothing IMHO that precludes 99.999% of evolution Theory from belief in God

That .001% is Adam and Eve and this honestly was a stumbling block for me........ What I did was make a few assumptions based off of questions (1)Where did the offspring of Adam and Eve find mates? (The bible said that Adam was created from dust but NEVER said where the other people who eventually reproduced with Adam and Eves offspring came to be.) Many believe that Incest was not forbidden until after the flood SO it was brothers and sisters. I personally think that there was a difference between the Animal (Human) and Adam aka the 1st Man (Who was created from dust) But a Son/Daughter of Adam and a human could reproduce a descendant of Adam (aka Man)..... A separate theory would be that the Adam and Eve story is a metaphor and that ADAM and Eve who while they MAY have been actual people were a representation of the human race and the eating of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil repents there enlightenment (gaining a conscience?) and move from a foraging to aquaculture (tilling the fields and what not) (It is interesting that the Bibles time-line for the days of Eden line up close to start of aquaculture being used)

In any case my point is that either explanation solves the evolution issue and while it does take a leap that some may not me comfortable making (On BOTH sides) It helped resolve things in my mind.

IMHO the story of creation even with the logic leap concerning Adam and Eve still make much more since than the accidental quiescence that is the alternative.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hate? when have i said once thing about hating anyone else?

i have both my parents together, both are baptists, nothing dramatic happened in my life.

i choose to believe what i believe in the same fashion you choose to believe what you believe. you can try and belittle me, but im not the one who believes in people living in whales and spreading seas :/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lets talk about dinosaurs

we KNOW they existed, but theres no mention of these MASSIVE creatures in the bible?
    why?
    i know what you are going to say, humans werent there, so God wasnt there, but that doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are references to dinosaur like animals in Job 40 and 41 which are called Behemoth and Leviathan if I am not mistaken. They are said to be the first's of the ways of God, talking about creation I believe.

As Counts mentioned when it speaks of a day in the Bible, it doesn't necessarily mean a 24 hour day as we think of now. It also mentions in Genesis 1 that beasts were made before man, so with that context it is plausible to consider dinosaurs and their context to the Bible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow

stripes im big enough to admit i was wrong, ive never fully read the bible, so its obvious ive missed quite a bit.

and i dont hold christians to the 6 days theory, because the bible has went thru so many different hands throughout the years, theres no telling how long was intended for the creation.

thats another gripe i have;
    how can you know what the bible says is true, when mortal men are responsible for putting the book together, leaving some stories out in favor of others, changing words, etc...
    God's word is not what im worried about
    God's word in the hands of mere men is what leads to bad things to happen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    wow

stripes im big enough to admit i was wrong, ive never fully read the bible, so its obvious ive missed quite a bit.

and i dont hold christians to the 6 days theory, because the bible has went thru so many different hands throughout the years, theres no telling how long was intended for the creation.

thats another gripe i have;
    how can you know what the bible says is true, when mortal men are responsible for putting the book together, leaving some stories out in favor of others, changing words, etc...
    God's word is not what im worried about
    God's word in the hands of mere men is what leads to bad things to happen.

The bible was NOT written in English but was translated to english.....The Hebrew word used when speaking of creation (Days) is yon which CAN mean a 24 hour day or a unit of work time which is determined by its context in a sentence