Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: End of Christianity...

Thank God that's minority opinion.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

agree, very much so.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Thank God that's minority opinion.
    For now.

If we didn't lean on it like we do, a lot more things would get done. Israel would be off our tit, with that means less modern-day enemies which would equal less wars, no clouded judgment when it comes to things like stem-cell research etc...our common-sense laws would still be in place. Sure wouldn't be a bad thing and Christianity will continue to grow smaller here...that's the churches fault, but it definitely won't be bad IMO.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    For now.

If we didn't lean on it like we do, a lot more things would get done. Israel would be off our tit, with that means less modern-day enemies which would equal less wars, no clouded judgment when it comes to things like stem-cell research etc...our common-sense laws would still be in place. Sure wouldn't be a bad thing and Christianity will continue to grow smaller here...that's the churches fault, but it definitely won't be bad IMO.

What other things would get done that we know would be positive? The Israel issue is a such pathetic excuse to this. Islamic countries do not hate us only because of Israel, its because we are not like them. We do not live in the Stone Age, and they hate that they cannot enforce their opinions on everyone else. We are going to have enemies no matter what. Christianity is not the reason we have them. Clouded judgement is a big problem today, you have that part right, but Christianity is not what has caused the cloud. Its a lack of faith, direction, splitting of homes, personal responsibility, and morals.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What other things would get done that we know would be positive? The Israel issue is a such pathetic excuse to this. Islamic countries do not hate us only because of Israel, its because we are not like them. We do not live in the Stone Age, and they hate that they cannot enforce their opinions on everyone else. We are going to have enemies no matter what. Christianity is not the reason we have them. Clouded judgement is a big problem today, you have that part right, but Christianity is not what has caused the cloud. Its a lack of faith, direction, splitting of homes, personal responsibility, and morals.
    Well I named less wars, less enemies, no dispute in things that are best for us...that's pretty okay for me. Israel is a main "interest" in the Middle East, we supply them with everything but the air they breath, that's a given. Israel is a jewish nation right in the middle of a mostly musilm area...they are enemies of course. You can't sit there and tell me that muslim nations are not pissed off/hate us because we are such good "allies" with us. Is it the complete reason? No, but the "because we're free" bull the gov feeds us isn't the case, Israel and our support of Israel causes a lot of enemies and hate towards us. We meddle over there, we the U.S. try to force our ways on them..not the other way around. Meddling over there cause brings problems on ourselves. Now if Israel attacks Iran like they are threatening to, how is that not causing us problems and a war? It is and because of this US obligation, they'll drag us in there. Now if we weren't so buddy buddy with them, there wouldn't be that obligation. They cause us a lot more problems than they are worth.

Again, faith has proven to not stop problems and doesn't give you these morals. As a person gets older, they know and will know whats right and wrong...go back to the prison population and the stats on atheist nations to see that religion doesn't determine if you are a good or bad person. Christianity/religion clouds judgment most of the time, plain and simple.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your opinion doesn't make it anymore right than mine does. Your basis of "religion clouding judgement" only sets up for things you don't agree with. That doesn't make it right or wrong.

The line of bull, you mention is partially correct. As I stated, its a bigger thing that we don't bow down to them and their stone age mentalities.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We're the USA, we'll always have problems and enemies. It's not religion that will be the cause of all these, it's just because we are the greatest nation in the world, and people envy us.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your opinion doesn't make it anymore right than mine does. Your basis of "religion clouding judgement" only sets up for things you don't agree with. That doesn't make it right or wrong.

The line of bull, you mention is partially correct. As I stated, its a bigger thing that we don't bow down to them and their stone age mentalities.
    I do know that it does cloud judgment, killing in any name of a God is not right and issues here going on now that shouldn't be an issue are..and because of religious views.

[/QUOTE]We're the USA, we'll always have problems and enemies. It's not religion that will be the cause of all these, it's just because we are the greatest nation in the world, and people envy us.[/QUOTE]

And you seriously believe that? Wow. That what the gov feeds us, but I think that's ridiculous. We create our enemies for the most part.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What atheist countries are you referring to that are so much better off?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I do believe that... We are the USA and we are the greatest nation in the world. If people didn't envy us, then why are all these immigrants always wanting to come here?
    Why do people always expect us to set an example, and lend aid to all these other countries?