Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: End of Christianity...

what?

i just said the 6 days is something that ill give you guys, its impossible to tell the true timeframe meant to be portrayed in the bible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    what?

i just said the 6 days is something that ill give you guys, its impossible to tell the true timeframe meant to be portrayed in the bible.
    My bad I misread sorry

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I completely understand what your saying there biggin. I really think the guys who actually wrote the Bible were people of a higher calling. They endured a lot. Now, they weren't perfect, and what actually would concern me the most is those that translated the Bible over and over. I believe when King James had the Bible translated from Greek and/or Hebrew to English there were a bunch of monks who done the work, and all came up with the same information. Also, there are more books of the Bible that are not actually found in the KJV or other common Bibles.

I cannot even say for sure that those two creatures described were "dinosaurs" but they have no complete characterstic of a known animal today. Some say the behemoth was an elephant or a hippo, but the tail mentioned said it was like a cedar tree, meaning long and tapered. That doesn't work with either animal. The Leviathon I think some want to say a croc or gator because it could go on both land and water. But, there was a feature or two of it that I cannot think of that doesn't quite correlate with either of those. Possibly something with fire it seems like.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i understand, and it does seem like the animals described are animals that are extinct now.

i dont mind debating it with you stripes, count, or gotch, but the other two have just insulted me or tried to belittle me for my beliefs, when in this thread ive been nothing but courteous and respectful of your guys religion.

and the whole adoption of the king james version of the bible seems iffy to me, james was known for his laws against catholicism and his trying to rid england of the catholics, which seems kinda unchristian like to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't really have a problem with that considering the way the Catholic church is/was setup. King James was far from a perfect man, and really the KJV didn't necessarily taylor to his views of life considering he possibily had relations with other men. The Bible was credited to him because of his bringing together Puritans, and bishops at the Hampton court conference in 1604.

The Geneva Bible was the Bible of choice before in England homes, but the bishops of the Catholic and newly formed Church of England by Elizabeth used the "Bishop's Bible". James gave the permission for a new translation of the Bible to be brought forth from the Hebrew or Greek texts. I think mainly Hebrew. Somewhere around 48-50 theologians with Hebrew/Greek backgrounds were dived into 3 groups and broke the Bible down into parts not working together to form what most have used for the last 500 years as the Holy Bible.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He (King James) likely had some very personal reasons for certain parts to be translated just so.....

A Jewish friend once told me that the best translation of Yom would be an indeterminable length of time, not a day.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

KJ did not like the Geneva Bible because it wasn't clear to the idea of divine right to him and his family being kings, queens, princess, etc. He wanted that to be clearer in the KJV if I am not mistaken.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCAS_712 View Post
    Burton 13, When you die I hope you think about what you are saying right now when god makes you countable for all that you have done, and sends you to hell (unless you might be able to see the light between here and there, but who knows this might be your last second on Earth). Well, on second thought, you will be down there with people just like you (gay liberals). Better hope hell has some lube cause your gona need it. Another second thought, you will like that stuff anyway just like here on Earth.
    Saying that kind of stuff wont get you into Heaven, bub.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Religion is only as real as a person lets it be. Man's inability to understand or explain things is always wrapped into religion. Like our belief, or disbelief that there is a life after this one.

I, for one, choose to believe in the Bible and all its teachings. To believe this, then you must first come to the understanding that a "higher authority" had something to do with our existence and not that it just clandestinely happened. The Bible even tells us that to God, a thousand years if but a day to Him. That one statement in the Bible tells me that evolution and religion can and do co-exist with each other.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since were talking about this, do you guys think Jesus had brothers, step or otherwise?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]