Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: End of Christianity...

and gotch, ive collected that anywhere from 4500-6000 people were executed in the inquisitions. im not sure on the amount of deaths caused by muslim terrorists in a year, but you are really misleading people if you get your facts,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch
    In fact less people were killed in the entire 356 year history of the Spanish Inquisition than Islamic terrorist kill in any given year
    from a website such as this, TheReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World an obvious anti-muslim website. i could not find accurate numbers on those killed every year by muslim terrorists.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    That is simply not true, whatsoever. I have no faith, because I believe in science, and the human body, and the natural world. Thats horseshit what you said, its the typical christian anti-atheist propoganda.

IMHO you can not put EVERYONE into one neat box I DO agree that many do not want religion becouse it would mean that they would need to answer to a higher power than themself......2nd your quote that since you belive in science you have no faith (religion?) IMHO that is anti-religion propoganda since I FULLY belive in science AND God. Too many on both sides think that they know more than they do about the subject (I know that there is a heck of alot I do not know and probably as much more I don't even know I don't know LOL)

I AM interested in knowing why you think that understanding science excludes you from haveing faith?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

because i choose to believe that the earth has evolved from amoeba's and monkeys, instead of a creation theory.

its not understanding science that makes me have no faith, its like my faith is in science, and science is based on factual evidence.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and its not meant to be anti-religion propoganda, i was just stating what I but my belief into.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

because i choose to believe that the earth has evolved from amoeba's and monkeys, instead of a creation theory.

its not understanding science that makes me have no faith, its like my faith is in science, and science is based on factual evidence.
    The problem with believe in science is that the science of evolution is not factual, but actual theory.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thats why i didnt say facts, i said it had some factual evidence, and it is just a theory, like any other belief on how this world came to be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and gotch, ive collected that anywhere from 4500-6000 people were executed in the inquisitions. im not sure on the amount of deaths caused by muslim terrorists in a year, but you are really misleading people if you get your facts, from a website such as this, TheReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World an obvious anti-muslim website. i could not find accurate numbers on those killed every year by muslim terrorists.
    Not sure why you assume I got info for that site? I am familiar with the site, but no, that's not where it came from. In fact most came from memory. I've debated this in extreme depth on another forum.

Your numbers are still to high. More like 3,000 to 5,000 max.

This has been a slow year for Islamic terrorists, but they are still doing fairly good business. I haven't checked the numbers since the first week of March (last time I was debating the issue) but at that time (about 10 weeks into the year) there were 1,034 confirmed deaths due to Islamic terror. Get out the old casio and you'll see that I am correct.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^ In fact with my typo's misspellings and poor grammar it should be apparent that my info is not purely "web" gathered.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ill post links to what Ive posted, ive even seen some sites (grim amusements / June 17, 2004 / the inquisition's death count) put it at somewhere near 25k, which i dont believe, but Im pretty sure the standard is around 5K, which is almost exactly what your deaths from islamic terror would average out to with the numbers given (10 weeks x 5), 1000 x 5.

this site seems pretty reliable and it said 6000 was a good estimate.
    How many people were actually killed during the Inquisition?

and im curious to know why you visit a racist, stereotypical site like that? its like viewing a KKK page. i never pegged you as much of a racist.

and if its not info that has been published, im sorry to sound rude, but how can i believe anything when you have no facts? im supposed to just say, you are right because you are smart? im sorry, but i like getting information i can double check at different places.

and that quote i posted of yours earlier, came directly off that anti muslim website.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"In fact less people were killed in the entire 356 year history of the Spanish Inquisition than Islamic terrorist kill in any given year" ?

I assure you I posted that in my own words, and without even looking at a source.

Is it word for word?

I don't consider that site racist btw, in fact it's not. It is radical, but not racist. Huge difference. Cannot by any means be compared to a truly ractist group. Far too easy to simply dismiss someone with a different point of view by simply calling them a ractist. Weak arguement.