Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: What a joke..

I still fail to see what is such a joke about the church R13 talks about.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    It's the same logic, I wasn't here, I didn't see it, so I can just say the world started when I was born...see how that sounds? Sounds just like what you're saying. Can you physically see gravity? No, you see what gravity does. Have you physically seen the earth rotate around the sun? No, but you believe that it does, because it does. Just because you weren't around when something happened, doesn't mean it didn't, when there's all the evidence in the world that says it did. It's what logical people accept, because it's reality, the rest is just denial because of religion. It has the evidence, write it off all you want, it still stands as how we started...nothing else comes to explaining it, definitely not Adam and Eve.
    No it's not the same logic, again.... You see, along with everyone throughout time the sun rise and set. It has been observed..that the earth rotates around the sun.
    What has NEVER been observed, is the evolution of a single cell into a human....EVER.

I dodged it? I guess you missed where I explained everything you said I was doing, never said anyone was stupid for believing what they do.
    No, thats right..you just called what they believe a joke...big difference.

Have you seen the Easter Bunny? No. Have you seen God? No. They both have about the same amount of evidence for each other, you can see that "belittling", but it's undeniable. It's like the Flying Spaghetti monster, you can't prove there isn't one, see how that works? And yeah, a lot of them do, but I wasn't saying that when I originally stated that...but go do something or pray about, see which one gets done first...personal responsibility is lacking a lot in religion. And I would hope you have, pretty sure you're older than me, so like I said I would hope so.
    Are you reading what you type? You just asked if i could see gravity, then said I absolutely knew it was there. Then turned around and asked if I had ever seen God, but that cant possibly be true. I can feel them both, my brother.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why is there no documentation about what formed the plants as a whole across the Earth? Everyone wants to focus on apes/man, but to fully explain creation, shouldn't the origins of plants be explainable as well?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    No it's not the same logic, again.... You see, along with everyone throughout time the sun rise and set. It has been observed..that the earth rotates around the sun.
    What has NEVER been observed, is the evolution of a single cell into a human....EVER.
    Because it's an incredibly long process, billions of years, it's not that it's failed attempts and that it's not possible. Scientists must use things on a smaller scale. Fossil records show that evolution has happened.

No, thats right..you just called what they believe a joke...big difference.
    Just because I think the religion is a joke, doesn't mean I'm somehow saying people are stupid for believing it. I've listed why I believe people believe in a God, it's mostly fear, but never said it had anything to do with intelligence.

Are you reading what you type? You just asked if i could see gravity, then said I absolutely knew it was there. Then turned around and asked if I had ever seen God, but that cant possibly be true. I can feel them both, my brother.

One has concrete evidence, the other doesn't really have any evidence at all.

Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    I still fail to see what is such a joke about the church R13 talks about.
    How is it not a joke? Meeting in a building, to watch a guy on TV, defeats the whole purpose of church and turns the idea of a pastor into a complete joke.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Funny how the religion forum has become nothing but your forum to attack the Christian religion.
    While a salient point, allow me to point out how little is posted on here lately related to Christianity by the professed Christians on here. The only time they come out is on threads where R13 brings up a topic he wants to discuss, and you indulge him greatly. Exhibit A--this thread.

If you want the "Religion Forum" to be what you assume it to be ("The Christian Forum", which it's not), you can post devotionals, verses, and studies just as easy as R13 can post on a topic related to Religion--and yes, atheism is related to religion so that's not an issue that's out of bounds to start a topic on. However--from the get-go, this forum was meant as a place for people to share their viewpoints on religion and have CIVIL discussions regarding the subject in good faith.

You should feel just as free to post something related to your faith as R13 is to post something atheistic/anti-Christianity. To be frank and blunt--if you don't, it's your fault and you don't have any room to complain.

Also, if a poster's faith was ANYTHING by the way--not just Christian but Islam (*gasp*), Bhuddist, Hindu, Confucianism, etc...it's welcome here b/c this is the "Religion Forum". Discussion of each faith is welcome and open as long as it's CIVIL. I'm going to start stressing that a lot more here all the way around.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How is it not a joke? Meeting in a building, to watch a guy on TV, defeats the whole purpose of church and turns the idea of a pastor into a complete joke.
    What is the whole purpose of church in your eyes then? In my eyes, it's for followers to gather and learn about Christ, even if a message was given via video. Some people become Christians at church. There's nothing mentioned in the Bible about the means of preaching. I'm sure many preachers around here wish they had that many people who would listen to them.

Maybe the preacher wanted to preach to two different congregations at once? His own and that other congregation. Who knows? I'm still not understanding why it's such a big joke.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's a place where you're supposed to worship God, a pastor is supposed to be a leader in that worship, not a TV personality. It doesn't say much about a religion when the pastor doesn't even show up, I'm sure the money being spent to do this could be used elsewhere. Like I've said before, Christianity is nothing more than an industry, the pastors are the CEO's. A pastor used to be an important figure, within the church as well as in the community, this has turned him/her into a joke. I think it's laughable, but I if I were a Christian, I'd be pissed about something like this.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    While a salient point, allow me to point out how little is posted on here lately related to Christianity by the professed Christians on here. The only time they come out is on threads where R13 brings up a topic he wants to discuss, and you indulge him greatly. Exhibit A--this thread.

If you want the "Religion Forum" to be what you assume it to be ("The Christian Forum", which it's not), you can post devotionals, verses, and studies just as easy as R13 can post on a topic related to Religion--and yes, atheism is related to religion so that's not an issue that's out of bounds to start a topic on. However--from the get-go, this forum was meant as a place for people to share their viewpoints on religion and have CIVIL discussions regarding the subject in good faith.

You should feel just as free to post something related to your faith as R13 is to post something atheistic/anti-Christianity. To be frank and blunt--if you don't, it's your fault and you don't have any room to complain.

Also, if a poster's faith was ANYTHING by the way--not just Christian but Islam (*gasp*), Bhuddist, Hindu, Confucianism, etc...it's welcome here b/c this is the "Religion Forum". Discussion of each faith is welcome and open as long as it's CIVIL. I'm going to start stressing that a lot more here all the way around.

First off, I didn't say anything about him having rights to this forum. What I did say is if he's going to come in here, have some respect for the religions he's talking about. If you want to tell people to be CIVIL...talk to him. He's the one calling people a joke and insulting their intelligence. I have no problems with any religion coming in here and discussing. I've tried to have a civil discussion with him, and yet he continues to insult. Is it not evident that the ONLY time he posts something in the religion forum is something NEGATIVE about the Christian religion? My original reply to his post was just that...pointing that very thing out. Complain? Have I contacted even one MOD about it? NO. I was simply trying to voice MY opinion about it. But oh well, ill shut up.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Listen, I think you missed the crux of what I was trying to say.

If you want to discuss Christianity, do that. Go start a thread with a devotional or head up a bible study that can center around a particular book/portion of the Bible. All arguing with R13 regarding his atheistic views vs. your Christian views will give you both a headache and carpal tunnel.

If you look at the Religion Forum and think it's R13's Atheist Room instead...then start posting things about your faith and your religion instead of lamenting that R13's used it to bash Christianity.

What I did say is if he's going to come in here, have some respect for the religions he's talking about. If you want to tell people to be CIVIL...talk to him.
    Duly noted, and I had already planned on doing that. Kid--which is what he is, like it or not--needs to slow his role and have a discussion and not a semi-flame war everytime he brings something like this up.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just because I think the religion is a joke, doesn't mean I'm somehow saying people are stupid for believing it. I've listed why I believe people believe in a God, it's mostly fear, but never said it had anything to do with intelligence.
    So comparing belief in God to the "flying spaghetti monster" isn't implying lack of intelligence?

One has concrete evidence, the other doesn't really have any evidence at all.
    Ah yes, fossil records of an upright walking monkey. It has to be an anscestor to a human. I guess eventually everything will evolve into a human or intelligent being. Look out Planet of the Apes.

Again you really do miss the idea of church dont you? You say church is a place to worship God...but the whole world is God's place of worship. Church is a place to come and learn. Does it matter if the pastor is actually there or on a TV? Its a gathering together of Christians.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast