Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: I have a rules question

In TN, KY is worse though. We played Sullivan North one time when I was in high school (wasn't a close game) and it seemed as if there was a flag on every play. I will say that some of the stuff I've seen at Breathith County is much worse, I thought Crabtree was going to get thrown out over there one night.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have went and saw a few North, Volunteer and other games in NET and have saw some strange things. I'm not saying its any stranger than you see here or not. I hope you don't though. Sadly, they don't have near as much travel time, and get paid quite a bit more. Heck, their clock operators make as much as we do working the field in the AOA if Im not mistaken.

We played at Cumberland one time, but I can't remember anything terrible about the officiating. Of course, they were kicking our butt though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Inactive Member
    I have a rules question

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can see both sides of the spectrum. I myself go out and try my best every time on the field or court. I like to watch game film and see were I need improvement such as judgement, posture, as well as being in the right place at the same time. Becoming a better ref everytime I put the stripes on is my goal, and should be for every official.
    Basketball is the toughest sport by far to officiate, with no other sport coming in a close second. It is tough officiating with different officials because no 2 officials are alike. Consistency is what we should strive for but lets face it consistency is tough with the rotation. I feel constant crews could be a small piece of the puzzle to help consistency. I know from experience this allows officials to sort of "mesh" together, and know how they are going to call the game.
    Just like everything else in life you have some officials trying to constantly make themselves better, as well as the others who sign up and just go ref every year. All it takes is one nut to spoil the bunch [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    We're all humans and we'll all make mistakes it`s learning from your mistakes and improving from them.

As for Counts, yes I have seen the fouls even up before the half. This goes back to the consistency factor, if your calling a game the same on both ends I agree the number of fouls shouldnt matter.
    But also I know you have seen it many times on here about fans complaining that the other team only had x amount of fouls while we had this many. No matter what people are going to complain. Just comes with the territory of being officials, you just have to know how to shrug it off. You will be hated by most and simply tolerated by the rest [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    This isn`t a excuse or to defend officials or anything of the nature. Most fans watch the game and see a call going against them and even if it is the correct call the (teams color here) goggles the fan is wearing doesnt allow them to see it. I have been to games were it has been evaluated and is a very very well officiated game, yet hear the fans talk about it being the worse game they`ve ever seen. Sometimes it takes not having a horse in the race to really judge a officiating performance.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

Inactive Member
    I have a rules question

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Breathitt game was awful. They made the fans quit blowing air horns and bands quit playing so Breathitt could audible, as well as I'm not sure we even played with a play clock that night. Breathitt was using a minute between each play.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haha, the look on Crabtree's face when had got his watch out and counted over a minute in between plays was hilarious. I don't know about over here in KY but in VA you only get 25 GD seconds. haha Shame we let that game get away, I do think they had a better team though.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The TN inconsistancy couldn't have had alot to do with locals the last time I was at the big house....Half the reffs i new were from Great City [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha, the look on Crabtree's face when had got his watch out and counted over a minute in between plays was hilarious. I don't know about over here in KY but in VA you only get 25 GD seconds. haha Shame we let that game get away, I do think they had a better team though. </div></div>

I could see Freddie doing that, and about blowing his lid. He's a nut. He's also living the good life now rangering over at Crocketts Ridge.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678