Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: I have a rules question

What I said in that post is facts. There is not an official that I know that doesn't somehow have some tie to a school that could impact another game in this area. If they can look past they are better than I am (as I said in the post). As for the throwing their two cents in, I take you've never criticized another mans job? Again, if so your a much better man than I, I think we are all guilty of that.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I said in that post is facts. There is not an official that I know that doesn't somehow have some tie to a school that could impact another game in this area. If they can look past they are better than I am (as I said in the post). As for the throwing their two cents in, I take you've never criticized another mans job? Again, if so your a much better man than I, I think we are all guilty of that. </div></div>

I cant say that i have never critized anyone, but not on a public forum though. That is up to you, I was jsut voicing my opinion on your comment. I did not mean to offend you.
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You didn't offend me I just gave my opinion. Do you know of an official who doesn't have some tie to a school in SWVA? If you do then my point is invalid, however even the officials I know that moved here from other parts of the state have ties to schools in the area. Be it through friendship, marriage, children, coaching, what have you.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant say that i have never critized anyone, but not on a public forum though. </div></div>

Really? What would you call this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Well, my concern is this: YOu are a mod, and you are not suppose to discuss it in the way that you did. Would it not have been better to just pm them? Not good leadership in my opinion.</div></div>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant say that i have never critized anyone, but not on a public forum though. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Well, my concern is this: YOu are a mod, and you are not suppose to discuss it in the way that you did. Would it not have been better to just pm them? Not good leadership in my opinion.</div></div>

</div></div>

Just a friendly reminder that you are on a public forum and to say that is not in my opinion is not fair to the officals.
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That post made absolutely zero sense. You quoted what you said to Cane, and responded to a topic you and I were discussing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gym Monster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's an opinion on his officiating, and I'm telling the truth about everything in the post I made above.

I didn't say word one about him as a person, I recalled a true happening that possibly correlated back to how he officiates an overly physical style of bball that ended up getting a kid's leg broke. That's all.

I didn't personally attack--I criticized the way he officiates--he gets paid for it, and in my mind, it's fair game. It's the same as if the Coalfield had a writer who wrote an editorial on the bad quality of basketball officiating in this area--it's nothing personal--it's a critique to hopefully light a fire under somebody and get them to change for the better.

If you don't agree--let's discuss. </div></div>

Just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I have to watch every little word I say. You can ask anyone on here, mods on most other message boards are pretty neutered by what they can and can't say for fear of running off posters, old & new. On this board, I don't think there's been much holding back on things when it comes to what we're passionate about on my part, nor Rock's, nor Counts', nor the other Admins/Mods. We call it like we see it and go from there.

Me criticizing the way one does something they're paid to do, with the main thought in mind being a kid's safety as they're playing a sport representing their school, isn't anything bad, and doesn't have anything to do with "leadership". If nothing else, I think that it sets the example that we should not just sit back and let someone feel like they have complete and total power and that they don't have to do a good job at what they do, which I feel is a good one. If someone's doing a good job--give them praise. If they're not, and especially if them doing their job correctly correlates to a kid's health & safety, then it's up to us to call them out on it...which is what I feel I did, even all these months later.

Call me what you want, question what you want--but don't think I'm not going to stand by what I say/have said on the subject. Now some of this foolishness that got started up by WiseRecGuy91 (that has since been squashed between the two of us), I wish some of that wouldn't have occured.

And in the words of NSSB earlier in this thread:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh please... [insert rolling eyes]

A moderator can't have their own opinion? </div></div>
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have read this entire post and several people on here made some pretty damned good points. I do; however, think it has turned into a pissing contest. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and yes, PVFAN, you are right in that every official has a "certain tie" to a school in the area. I also think (although I hate to admit it) that it does play into how some of the officials in the area call a game. That became evident to me this year as I sat out officiating because of my health. It is not true of all officials though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You didn't offend me I just gave my opinion. Do you know of an official who doesn't have some tie to a school in SWVA? If you do then my point is invalid, however even the officials I know that moved here from other parts of the state have ties to schools in the area. Be it through friendship, marriage, children, coaching, what have you. </div></div>

YOu are right about them having some kind of tie, but at the same time what do we expect, someone to drive from say Marion or Christiansburg to officate a game? I understand you point, but not all refs are corrupt.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant say that i have never critized anyone, but not on a public forum though. </div></div>

</div></div>

The difference is I was talking directly to the mod and he has the oppurtunity to defend himself.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast