Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: General Movie Chat

kingfozzy
    OK, in the last 2 weeks i've seen (in the theatre) Eurotrip, Club Dread, 50 First Dates and The Passion Of Christ. I'm not going to go in depth on any of these films as obviously I spend way too much time in dark theatres. [img]wink.gif[/img] hehe
    The Passion gets 2 thumbs up as a very powerful and moving movie. All existing copies of Eurotrip and Club Dread should be completely destroyed and they are blights on the movie going landscape. [img]smile.gif[/img] And 50 First Dates was a so-so kind of movie, I much preferred The Wedding Singer when it comes to Barrymore/Sandler movies.
    We won't even go into how many other movies i've seen (rentals) besides these four. I really need to get a life. Any suggestions RocketMaster??? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes.

Get a cat.

Cats are miraculous creatures. They are the living embodiment of LOVE and provide a source of inspiration, affection, and unceasing entertainment that lasts roughly 15 years. All in all a good investment.

[img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Other than that...move into your own apartment, and GET BETTER TASTE IN FILMS!!! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING SPENDING MONEY ON ALL THAT DRECK!?

ok, Fozster, just kidding, kinda. You should come over to the David Hess boards and add your review for "Passion", as there's only one poster who actually saw it.

I will admit that I am interested in seeing 50 First Dates when it makes it's way to cable. There must be some cute bits in it. I mean, Drew Barrymore is a Goddess!! I just finished watching Adam Sandler's inane cartoon on HBO mere minutes ago. And I think, Why? Why why why? But, ya gotta like him. He's so goofy and so... well, normal.

Other than "Passion", I wouldn't see the others for free. I try to reserve my infrequent big screen visits to watch films that are truly made to benefit from the big screen. I'd like to see Last Samurai in theatre before it goes away.

Kevin recommended "In America", and I have an interest in it due to that beautiful quirky girl that was also in "Minority Report" (which I LOVED!), but the story as portrayed in previews and clips reminds me so much of "Angela's Ashes" that I am veering away until I hear otherwise. I despised that movie with fervor.

I saw "Lost in Translation" last weekend. Fascinating how different everyone's responses to it seem to be. It's like everyone thinks it's 'about' something different, and get's a different impression of the end. Is it over-rated? I think so, but I liked it and can relate to in the same way that YOU can, Foz. It's very similar to our convention experiences.

Did you get my message about "S-5"? And, ...looks like the RCR bunch out here will be going to the "Hellboy" premiere! Coolness! So much happened today I can't sleep. I have 6 hours before I have to be phone savvy again.

Thanks for joining me & my excellent buddy Reved over here, stick around!! (Check out his message boards too, he cracks me up!)

~Rocky

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's not really much I'd like to spend $7/ticket to see on the big screen currently.

Suprisingly, haven't even seen Return Of The King yet! Here's the reason: LOVED Fellowship in the theatre, but then bought the extended-edition DVD before going to the theatre to see Two Towers. Without all the extra material on the DVD, Two Towers felt like an abridged version of the movie! I felt cheated by the theatrical version! Granted, it was still 3-hours long in the theatre, but felt too short for the story being told. Now that I have the extended-edition DVD of Two Towers, the story feels fleshed-out to its proper scope. So, skipping ROTK until the extended-edition DVD is released in November, which is reported to be at LEAST a full hour longer than the theatrical release, and includes characters totally cut-out of the movie (like Christopher Lee's Sarumon character makes an appearance). Also heard mild complaints about ROTK having some clumsy editing in the 5-or so "endings" before the credits finally roll.

'HellBoy' is one I wouldn't mind seeing, 'Passion Of The Christ' is another one I'll have to see (Last subtitled movie seen in a theatre was 'Gates of Heaven' (title?), sloppily remade years later as 'City of Angels').

kingfozzy
    Actually Reved the Rings movies NEED to be seen on the big screen to really appreciate them, even though they aren't the extended versions. [img]wink.gif[/img]

And to waste a further $6.50 on friday I saw Confessions Of A Teenage Drama Queen. Let the flaming begin. hehe This was a really bad week for new releases.

I'm looking forward to Hellboy, but I won't get too excited as i'm usually disappointed in comic adaptations, but here's hoping that Batman Begins turns out alright.

And Rocketmaster?? No pets at all!!

And yes Drew Barrymore is a goddess, but not quite in Minnie Driver's league. hehe

I did just rent Looney Tunes:Back In Action and seeing Kevin's cameo was fantastic and he was even in B & W. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I enjoyed Lost In Translation and yes Rocketmaster it was very reminisecent of our convention experiences. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm gonna have to wait to see In America as I don't believe it is playing in my area anymore.

Yeah, I did get your message about S-5 and it is unbelievable. Please let us know how Hellboy is after the premiere. Some people are just so lucky. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll settle for my cousins house for the widescreen experience (54-inch plasma screen, surround-sound audio, beer, and a pause-button when needing a piss/cigarette break!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    $6.50-$7.00 a ticket?! You guys are SPOILT! A movie ticket in Hollyweird is $10, and I have heard that the new Arclight Cinema is charging $14!!!!! Luckily I have a student I.D., so I can go to the Burbank Multiplex for $8.50, plus it's the only place in town with free parking!

LOTR: Return of the King was the only one I saw in the theater. It was miraculous. If I had had the time, I would have paid to see it again. I have both versions of the other two films on DVD. The 2 vol sets, and the 4 vol sets of each. Yes, the 4 v sets are totally incredible, but there's so much stuff on the 2-ers also that isn't repeated on the other, I don't want to give those up either. I will probably buy both of the last movie as well. I'm such a sucker, but I enjoyed them that much.

About screen goddesses...I know a little about your taste Foz, but nothing about Reved's...here's my list of faves. List yours too everyone!

TOP TEN SCREEN GODDESSES:
    1. Kate Winslet
    2. Catherine Zeta Jones
    3. Drew Barrymore
    4. Charlize Theron
    5. Vivica Fox
    6. Salma Hayek
    7. Katie Holmes
    8. Kristen Kreuk
    9. Gretchen Mol
    10. Hallee Berry

Whew, that wasn't as easy as I'd thought it would be...I had to work to think of those last three.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where's Jennifer Jason Leigh in that list? I'd have to list her, being so open with showing non-erotic aspects of nudity in everything from Ridgmont High, Flesh&Blood, Last Exit To Brooklyn & Rush. She played decent parts in eXistenZ, Backdraft & Hudsucker Proxy too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...Ignore what I said above about wanting to see Hellboy in the theatre. Just saw a new trailer for it & can't believe how "League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen" it looks (and I hated that movie!)

And know it'll disappoint, but will probably give the remake of Dawn Of The Dead a try.

<font color="#339900" size="1">[ March 11, 2004 08:35 AM: Message edited by: reved ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Joy. Another hint 'Dawn Of The Dead' is going to disappoint: Remember right before 'Independence Day' was opening, a short 30-minute program was released on TV? That programs intro played exactly like 'War of the Worlds' in the television-age. It also tried to portray 'Independence Day' as a serious alien-invasion movie.

Well, few days ago noticed quick commercials that USA Network is planning to play the first 10-minutes of Dawn Of The Dead , uncut, on Monday evening, right before playing Final Destination. This sounds like the exact same type of hype-manufacturing seen 5-years ago ID-4 used in their lacklustre SFX-heavy WOTW-ripoff.

I'm expecting to totally despise this remake of DAWN....

kingfozzy

Wink

Hey reved, they are playing that 10 minutes of the Dawn Of The Dead remake at the end of Final Destination, not the beginning. I'll tape it just because i'm curious. And on that note, ignore Secret Window. I was bored silly and was ready to walk out except that I had already wasted an hour of my life. Surprised I didn't fall asleep.

Well, since my taste tends to change i'll list my top 10 screen goddesses (at the moment) in no particular order. I just know that i'll think of someone else after I post. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Minnie Driver
    Allison Mack
    Selma Blair
    Holly Marie Combs
    Gina Gershon
    Angelina Jolie
    Amber Benson
    Linda Cardellini
    Vicki Zhao
    Julia Stiles

How's that for a top 10??? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast