Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm off to see HARRY POTTER! I CAN'T WAIT! YEEHEEE!!!! Bought tix online for the 12:30 am show, so we won't get out of there until 3 am!

The reviews so far have been great! I want to see it before I read too many of them and its all ruined for me. Should I post anything, or do you guys want to see it before we discuss?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's not LOTR. It's a childrens book.

Say what you want; I'll wait till it hits standard-cable.

kingfozzy
    What's your point Reved?? [img]wink.gif[/img] hehe

And Rocky, what did you think??? This makes up
    for having sat thru The Day After Tomorrow.

A wonderful movie and sooo much better than
    the 1st two films. I think they need to let
    Alfonso direct another of the Potter movies.
    He did an outstanding job this time around.
    I actually am considering going to see it again, which I never did with the others.

Buckbeak looked amazing. Best use of CGI for a
    fantasy creature yet. Yes, Reved, better than
    anything in LOTR. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The newest additions to the Potter (movie) universe worked out well for the most part.
    Emma Thompson was a little OTT in her small role,
    but for the most part it didn't distract. Gary
    Oldman i'm still not sold on in this part. David
    Thewlis was wonderful as the appropiatley named Profeesor Lupin. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dan, Emma & Rupert are becoming quite the thespians. They are improving with each new movie.
    I just hope that they are able to complete all
    seven films (c'mon JK, get those books out!) with
    the same cast of kids.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wanna see it again!!!!!!!!

Fozz: What does "OTT" mean?

Reved: For you to say that shows you have not read them. These books are filled with quite heavy themes and for the most part, her execution is pulled off more successfully than Tolkien's long aimless narratives. Granted, I believe (innocently or no) she ripped him off. Therefore, she had the benefit of his outline and his prior mistakes. But her finished product is more polished, tighter, just plain better. Do not make the mistake of thinking that because she used children rather than "halflings" as a storytelling device, that her message is less resonant. Anyway, the rewrite that Peter Jackson, Fran and...Kookla did for the LOTR trilogy was monumental. It was such a hard job, not even Tolkien would do it. It improved the story as a whole a thousand fold, and it needed it. The LOTR movies were FAR better than the books. The HP movies on the other hand barely come close to their original written versions.

Now, onto the movie....yeah, best one yet! This is my favorite book. Book 2 was my least favorite book and was a crap film too, so this was a gigantic relief. Columbus didn't have another in him. He certainly set up a nice world, but Cuaron is playing in it more enthusiastically. I liked all the peripheral stuff and loved the photos. I also noticed that Rickman is doing his FIRST interviews of the entire series, so he must be having a better time too.

They made pretty good choices in cutting down the book. I would have escalated the argument a little more intensely at the beginning...the timing was unnatural (had me worried, too much like movie 2) Needed more dialog and more yelling before the final "blow up", so to speak [img]wink.gif[/img]

The train was hysterical. I laughed the whole way. What was with that shrunken head!? OH MY GOD, IT JUST HIT ME WHO THAT ACTOR WAS. I thought they nailed Stan Shunpike perfectly, but I couldn't place him, now I got it, he was Drew Barrymore's little sidekick in "Ever After".

Loved Tom the barman, and Fudge's pin-striped robes were AWESOME!

Too bad they had to alter the Dementors so. I guess it was a race, huh Foz? And Peter Jackson got there first, LOL! They could have just nabbed the footage of Elijah from the first film and laid it on top of Daniel in the train....

I had pictured Buckbeak barely larger than an ostrich. I was glad he was so big and horse-y! I want a hippogriff very badly now. They should have thanked him after that incident in the forest tho! It surpised me that they didn't even acknowledge him and walked away. If I treated my cat that way, boy...poop on my pillow! Great scene at the beginning on the lake, how fun. And closing with the new broom was a good choice too. Did you see Flitwick had wierd dyed black hair? Why?

Yeah, The kids looked great. The trio anyway. All three look gorgeous. Draco is looking rather beastly, I wanted to punch him myself....and why was Crabbe only in one short scene? Neville got very skinny and tall and lost what little chin he had. The twins are getting better looking and less gawky. What did you think of the new Dumbledore? Did you notice they were very careful to keep his cap on at that exact diagonal angle the entire time so as not to expose the spot in the last two movies where YOU KNOW WHAT was exposed?!!!!!!!

I liked Emma Thompson alot! I liked Rosmerta too...who was that, Dyan Cannon? I did NOT care for either Sirius or Lupin. They should have both been more roguish and definitely more handsome and less greasy.

By the way, did you notice how Mark Radcliffe has managed to get his name to the TOP of the credits? Did you also notice Dave McKean's conceptual art credit? I had a feeling it was for the map...seems like his sort of thing. We should find out at comicon if we have the chance.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dumbledoors scar

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL! That sounded more like a questionairre than a 'review'.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL! No doubt!

Hey we reeled in a new fish! Or a MOUSE, I should say! He posted another Harry Potter thread...is there any way to move it over to here, Reved? I tried, but it says, "not yet implemented". Am I missing some trick to it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've never needed to move threads, so no experience here. I'd just try a simple ctrl-C/P edit, repost it within quotes, and delete his original post. But that was his first & only post here on HB. May not bother returning.

I may be going offline in a day or two, so might not be around to help beta-test HB ver. 3.0 Gawd, it'd be cool to play around in though...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uh, wait a second...
    You're going offline...for how long? forever?!
    We're getting a new version of the boards?!!
    ARE WE GOING TO LOSE ALL OUR SETTINGS AGAIN??!!
    WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sheesh, another questionairre! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

1) Perhaps permanent. CDL-A training is a full month, and the job takes about 3-weeks of the month outa hometime. It wouldn't be worth it to have the Net if only around for a day or two.

2) Look in the Admin board. Yea, I spilled the beans that beta-testing HB3 will happen in the "near?" future. Take screenshots of all HB MCP's you wish to keep, to easily & quickly reinstate them. IF they're lost; I don't know if HB3 will lose settings or not. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast