Page 12 of 425 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: pictures

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: picture this (after half the facts)

i write stuff thats easy for me to play live, not only with my eyes closed and totally drunk,

but also on oxycontin pills.

but the solo spot is when i gotta concentrate.

its cool though, because i ve been playing fo 50 years and my fingers go on autopilot.

i actually passed out once but my fingers kept on going.

people said it was the best solo i've ever done.

sachel of steel panther.

Basic Information
    Age 104
    About zhid
    Biography:
    retired KGB
    Interests:
    females under 60 years of age. also 'music'. electronic surveillance mechanisms
    retired / part-time 'kept man' by wealthy young female pop star ....

"if you pronounce the word 'better' with a British accent,
    90% of Americans will not understand you."

- Anna Chapman

Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
    Bureau of Vital Records
    P.O. Box 570
    Jefferson City, MO 65102
    Allow two to four weeks for delivery.
    *Note: Fees are deposited upon receipt.
    Requests received without the appropriate fee will be returned to the sender.
    Requesting a vital record without an application form
    A record can be requested by writing to the Bureau of Vital Records at the above address and providing the following information:
    Birth, Fetal Death and Death Records:
    Full name at birth, death, or fetal death
    Date of birth, death, or fetal delivery
    Place of birth, death, or fetal delivery
    For birth records and fetal death records provide both parents’ names including mother’s maiden name
    Your relationship to the person whose record is being requested
    Explain reason for requesting the record
    Last edited by tomt; August 15th, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
    guns kill people,

like spoons made rush limbaugh,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: 30 years later (the real lyrics?)

(Missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing)
    One of our submarines is missing tonight
    (Missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing)
    Seems she ran aground on manoeuvres
    One of our submarines
    [ Lyrics from: Thomas Dolby - One Of Our Submarines Lyrics ]
    A hungry heart to regulate their breathing
    One more night, the Winter Boys are freezing in their spam tin
    The Baltic moon, along the northern seaboard
    And down below, the Winter Boys are waiting for the storm
    Bye-bye empire, empire bye-bye
    Shallow water, channel and tide
    And I can trace my history down a generation to my home in one of our submarines (One of our submarines)

The red light flicker, sonar weak, air valves hissing open
    Half her pressure blown away, flounder in the ocean
    See the Winter Boys drinking heavy water from a stone
    Shallow water, channel and tide
    Tired illusion drown in the night
    And I can trace my history down one generation to my home in one of our submarines

One of our submarines, one of our submarines

One of our submarines is missing tonight, seems she ran aground on manoeuvres (One of our submarines)

More lyrics: Thomas Dolby Lyrics

A hungry heart
    To regulate their breathing
    One more night
    the Winter Boys are freezing in their spam tin
    The Baltic moon
    Along the northern seaboard
    And down below
    The Winter Boys are waiting for the storm

Shallow water - channel and tide

And I can trace my history
    Down one generation to my home
    In one of our submarines
    One of our submarines

The red light flicker, sonar weak
    Air valves hissing open
    Half her pressure blown away
    Flounder in the ocean
    See the Winter Boys
    Drinking heavy water from a stone

Shallow water - channel and tide
    Tired illusion drown in the night

And I can trace my history
    Down one generation to my home
    In one of our submarines
    One of our submarines
    One of our submarines

One of our submarines is missing tonight
    Seems she ran aground on manoeuveres
    One of our submarines

Koch Brothers Flout Law Getting Richer With Secret Iran Sales - Bloomberg

UPDATE: Conservative Writer Admits 'Infiltrating' 99 Percent Movement To 'Mock And Undermine' It | ThinkProgress

???^?o?X???t?^?G???N???[?W???[?݌v?v???O???? CANVAS??

???^?o?X???t?^?G???N???[?W???[?݌v?v???O???? CANVAS??

Marine Renewable Energy Blog: July 2011

Infiltrators of the Occupy Movement. | The Liberty Lamp

Washington protest: American Spectator condemned over article | World news | guardian.co.uk

Patrick Howley, - Google Search

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...down-wikileaks

concrete used for extreme vibration control -

very Extreme -

The 840 mm (33 in) void between these two layers was reinforced with I-beams,
    and the spaces between the beams filled with a composite mixture of cement, sawdust and latex.[11]

Japanese aircraft carrier Shinano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

800px Shinano photo

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
    Can't. Because you are misleading people.
    sometimes people get carried away, by whatever gets their attention.

much like small childern , dave/mini-dave have a new game,

hopefully they will realize what this is,

and stop before they get into too much trouble.

(or seriously hurt anyone)

basically this is what is happening -

imagerphp?id3712337&ampto

its ok to go the wrong way for a while,

as most people will grow out of that sort of thing.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````

so what happens should they not get some maturity?

(and this isn't about religion, this is about Reality)

what happens when someone gos way too far the wrong way
    Last edited by tomt; June 8th, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Last edited by tomt; June 16th, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: pictures

The observation that neither President Obama nor Mitt Romney served in the military during the Vietnam War is unfair to Romney.

Romney, who said in the 2008 campaign that he wished he had spent some time in the military,
    had legitimate excuses for not serving his country.
    As The Times pointed out, he was excused to attend college at Stanford and Brigham Young University
    and to spend 21/2 difficult years in France attempting to convert Christians to the Mormon religion.
    Finally, he was exempt as a married man and a father.

Obama, on the other hand, had none of these excuses for not serving in the military.
    Unlike Romney, he was not a college student, a missionary in France or a parent.
    The only excuse his defenders can come up with to explain his non-service is that he was 13 years old when the war ended in 1975.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Last edited by tomt; August 10th, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

46065645 126202601175

Bartholomew Nicholas Locanthi II (White Plains, New York, 1919 – Glendale, California, January 9, 1994) was an audio engineer and leading expert in the US pro-audio industry in the 1970s and 1980s.

Bart Locanthi graduated from California Institute of Technology in 1947 with a B.S. degree in physics.

From 1947–1960, he mostly contributed to analog computers.[1][2]

In the late 1960s, Bart Locanthi developed the "T-Circuit", an output configuration for solid-state power amplifiers that became a standard in the industry.[3] He received three US patents for his pioneering work on transistor amplifiers.[4][5] [6]

Bart Locanthi became the Vice President of Engineering at JBL in 1960. It was under his tenure that the JBL L-100 Century, the world's most popular loudspeaker in its day, was manufactured.[7] In 1975, he was named a Vice President of Pioneer North America Development. While at Pioneer, he and his team of engineers designed the HPM-100 loudspeaker as an "improved" JBL L-100 Century, and many will argue that he succeeded in developing one of the best loudspeakers of all time. It was also at Pioneer that he was deeply involved in digital development during the early years of the compact disc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zen in motion

http://wn.com/Xmal_Deutschland
    Last edited by tomt; June 22nd, 2012 at 05:11 AM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Thai police show the rema 008

A British citizen has been arrested in Bangkok on suspicion of smuggling human infant corpses for use in black magic rituals after the bodies of six babies were found in a suitcase in a hotel room, Thai police have said.

Chow Hok Kuen, 28, a British citizen born in Hong Kong of Taiwanese parents, was arrested in Bangkok's Chinatown and was being held for possession of human remains, according to reports.

The bodies belonged to babies aged between two and seven months, Wiwat Kumchumnan, sub-division chief of the police's children and women protection unit, told Reuters, though other reports suggested they were aborted human foetuses rather than dead full-term babies. Photographs obtained by Reuters appeared to show corpses too small to have survived to term.

Some of the remains had been covered in gold leaf, said police, apparently for use in black magic rituals.

Chow was staying at a hotel in Khao San Road, Bangkok's backpacker area, but the bodies were found in a separate hotel, after police received a tipoff that infant corpses were being offered to wealthy clients through a website advertising black magic services.

The authorities said the remains were bought from a Taiwanese national for 200,000 baht (?4,000) and could have been sold for six times that amount in Taiwan, where it is thought they were to be smuggled.

Black magic rituals are still practised in Thailand, where street-side fortune tellers offer ceremonies to reverse bad luck.

Kuen faces one year in prison and a 2,000-baht fine if he is found guilty.

The Foreign Office said it was aware of the man's arrest, but would not confirm his name or any details of the allegations against him.

"We can confirm the arrest of a British national in Bangkok on 18 May," said a spokeswoman. "We stand ready to provide consular assistance."

Article history
    World news
    Thailand ? Asia Pacific
    UK news
    More news
    Related
    2 Nov 2002
    Briton held after Bangkok drugs find
    8 Apr 2002
    Hunt for man after backpacker dies
    30 Aug 2005
    UK asks Thais for Algerian forgery suspect
    26 Jul 2011
    Animal smuggling in Bangkok - in pictures
    Share Email

guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

does any of this ring true?

MITT ROMNEY, A LIFE
    By Donna Sammons Carpenter, Maurice Coyle, and The Editors of New Word City

Purchase the iBooks edition of Mitt Romney, A Life

"Think of yourselves as corporations"

In 1978, in a classroom on the campus of the Harvard Business School, Mitt Romney stood before a gathering of Mormon students. Thirty-one years old, tall, handsome, confident, already a successful management consultant, his assignment was to discuss the challenges of balancing work and family life. Romney — who had graduated from the business school three years earlier — began with an analogy. "Think of yourselves as corporations," he instructed his audience. "You have the same question as General Electric. Your resources are your time and talent.

How are you going to deploy them?"

Using a chart to help illustrate his points, Romney went on to label various components of life as "businesses" — profession, family, church, community, self. Each business demanded a different allocation of resources, which included time, energy, knowledge, skills, talents, money, and faith. Work required the greatest share of resources and delivered the most tangible result: wealth. On the other hand, Romney said, "Your children don't pay any evidence of achievement for twenty years." But children and spouses should not be ignored: Failing to invest sufficient resources might cause them to become drags on "the corporation," lowering morale and draining time and energy from the enterprise.
    Romney's presentation was well received. He had made a strong case for the importance of family time. Emotion was taken out of the equation and replaced with reason.

This anecdote reveals much about Mitt Romney. He is driven, smart, optimistic, analytical, methodical, not afraid to lead, a strategic thinker who stays focused on his goals. But he can also be dispassionate, entitled, and lacking in spontaneity. Sometimes, he has difficulty connecting with people on an emotional level.

Thirty-four years later, as he seeks the presidency of the United States, these same traits are on display. Setbacks hardly seem to faze him. He is prepared, focused, disciplined, and runs a well-organized campaign. He also has trouble expressing empathy and forging a visceral bond with voters. And his drive to get to the White House has led him to switch positions on a number of issues, raising questions about his core beliefs.

Does Mitt Romney have the makings of a great president? Let's take a look at his journey so far and what we can conclude from it.

Lesson 1: "Speak out, don't sit in."

Willard Mitt Romney was born in Detroit on March 12, 1947. His father, George, spent much of his life as a businessman. Tall, handsome, square-jawed, and ramrod straight, George Romney would go on to lead automaker American Motors to a remarkable turnaround before entering politics and becoming Michigan's governor. At George Washington University, he met his future wife, Lenore. Intelligent and independent, she wanted to become an actress, and, in 1929, after graduating from GWU, she moved to California to accept an offer from a film studio. George followed her there. For four months, she played bit parts alongside the likes of Greta Garbo and Jean Harlow. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer offered her a three-year, $50,000 contract. Lenore was thrilled, George was not. In what he later described as "the biggest sale of my life," he convinced her to forgo a film career and marry him.

Six-pound Mitt was the Romneys' fourth child and second son. He was the youngest by six years, born after his mother's doctors had told her that she would put her life at risk if she had another baby. Mitt was named after two men: hotel mogul J. Willard Marriott, George's best friend and a fellow Mormon; and Milton "Mitt" Romney, George's cousin and quarterback of the Chicago Bears from 1925 to 1929. In 1953, when Mitt was six, the family moved from Detroit to a modern house abutting a golf course in the wealthy Detroit suburb of Bloomfield Hills.

To understand Mitt Romney is to understand his parents. They were opposites in many ways. George was the kind of man who burst into a room — gregarious, blunt, a force of nature. Lenore, on the other hand, was calm, controlled, discreet, and private — traits that his friends say Romney possesses, too. A high-school classmate of Mitt's told The New York Times, "George was very unlike Mitt — he was kind of a bull in the china shop, and he would speak his mind regardless. Lenore was much more measured. Everyone is focusing on the father, but he is really much more like his mother."

But Lenore Romney was not without ambition or conviction. She had a steely will and was a passionate advocate for both women's rights and civil rights. In 1963, when she was Michigan's first lady, she told Time magazine that she did not "expect to be a society leader holding a series of meaningless teas." In 1966, she asked, "Why should women have any less say than men about the great decisions facing our nation?" She even ran unsuccessfully for the U.S. Senate in 1970.

During Mitt Romney's childhood, though, it was his father who he worshipped. As he later said: "I grew up idolizing him. I thought everything he said was interesting."

George Romney was a deeply religious man, who presided over the Detroit stake (diocese) of the Mormon church. It would be impossible to overstate the importance of Mormonism to the Romney family.

The senior Romney was a fifth-generation Mormon, born in 1907 in a church colony in Chihuahua, Mexico. His great-grandfather Miles Romney was a British-born carpenter, who joined Joseph Smith's young Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in 1841, when the Mormons were headquartered in Nauvoo, Illinois, on the banks of the Mississippi River. The temple Miles helped build was burned by mobs, who drove the Mormons out of Illinois. When Smith's successor, Brigham Young, settled the church in Salt Lake City, Utah, Miles helped construct the new temple. The Mormon practice of polygamy was banned by the church in 1896, after the federal government demanded it as a condition for granting Utah statehood. Soon thereafter, Miles' son fled to Mexico to create a sanctuary for the practice. The colony prospered, and Miles' grandson Gaskell became a wealthy rancher and factory owner before he, his only wife, and their five-year-old son George had to flee north across the Rio Grande to escape the Mexican Revolution.

The family settled in Salt Lake City, and George set out to make his own fortune in the teeth of the Great Depression. After a stint as a Washington lobbyist, he became head of the Detroit office of the Automobile Manufacturers Association and helped coordinate the industry's conversion to military production during World War II.

In 1954, two floundering auto brands, Nash and Hudson, merged to become the American Motors Corporation, and George became its executive vice president. The company faltered and was facing bankruptcy. When its CEO died, George assumed the top spot. Selling the family home, he took the proceeds and bought AMC stock. "He literally risks his net worth on his ability to turn things around," Mitt later wrote. George bet AMC's fate on producing a fuel-efficient, thirty-mile-a-gallon car, the Rambler, in an age of gas guzzlers. Not even Mitt was convinced. "If Ramblers are such great cars," he asked his father, "why doesn't everyone have one?" In the end, the gamble paid off, and, in the early 1960s, the Rambler became America's third most popular car.

In 1962, Romney resigned from American Motors to run for governor of Michigan as a liberal Republican. His fifteen-year-old son Mitt was an enthusiastic supporter and campaigner. "You should vote for my father for governor. He's a truly great person. You've got to support him. He's going to make things better," he would say, and he meant every word of it.

Despite a visit by President John F. Kennedy to boost his opponent's chances, George Romney won a narrow victory and was reelected twice, with increasing margins each time. Romney, like his wife, was a passionate supporter of the civil rights movement and earned 30 percent of the black vote in his third campaign, unprecedented for a Republican. During the 1964 presidential campaign, he refused to appear onstage with GOP nominee Barry Goldwater, who he considered too conservative and whose stand on civil rights legislation he abhorred. "The rights of some must not be enjoyed by denying the rights of others," he wrote Goldwater. In another letter, which landed in The New York Times, Romney wrote, "Dogmatic ideological parties tend to splinter the political and social fabric of a nation, lead to governmental crises and deadlocks, and stymie the compromises so often necessary to preserve freedom and achieve progress."

This was an exciting time for the Romney family — not only was there financial success, there was moral courage, a sense of being in the thick of history. These heady years defined Mitt's childhood and adolescence and made a profound impression on him.

In seventh grade, Mitt enrolled at Cranbrook, an exclusive private school that boasted a 315-acre campus with Eero Saarinen buildings and Carl Milles statuary. He wasn't a standout scholar or athlete, although he did serve on the cheerleading squad. "He was in many ways the antithesis of what he's portrayed as today," one former classmate remembered, describing Romney as tall, skinny gawky, and with "a bad complexion." Romney is best remembered for one cross-country race in which he failed to pace himself and ran out of steam. The race was run during halftime at a football game, and the finish line was on the field. Through sheer force of will, Romney, stumbling and gasping for breath, crawled across the line. His tenacity earned him a standing ovation from the crowd, and he took it as a lifetime lesson to pace himself.

During his first three years at Cranbrook, Romney commuted between home and school each day. During his last three years, after his father was elected governor, he boarded. The two remained close. The governor's press secretary, Dick Milliman, remembered that "they would hug upon meeting, and not just any hug. [George Romney] . . . would give Mitt a big bear hug and a kiss."

At Mitt's graduation, George Romney spoke. One of his topics: women. "If the girl you're interested in doesn't inspire you to greater effort than you would undertake without knowing her," he told the seventy-six young men, "then you'd better look around and get another."

Romney went on to Stanford, in sunny Palo Alto, California, a world away from the hard winters and heavy industry of the Midwest. But the climate and the economic base were the least of the differences between the two places. This was the mid-sixties, a time of protests against the Vietnam War and rebellion against authority. Romney was a young man on the straight and narrow, imbued by his parents and church with discipline, propriety, and respect for authority. He followed what his father described a "three point formula for joyous achievement," taken directly from Mormon doctrine: "Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good." At Stanford, when a group of protesting students occupied the university president's office, Romney put on a white shirt and blazer and counter-demonstrated, carrying a sign reading "Speak Out, Don't Sit In."

During his freshman year at Stanford, Romney had something else on his mind in addition to academics and advocating civility. He was becoming about his high-school girlfriend, Ann Davies, and he flew home to see her as often as he could. Ann had been two years behind him at Kingswood, Cranbrook's sister school for girls. Romney tried to keep these visits secret, but his father caught on. Worried that they would affect Mitt's grades, George cut his allowance. Mitt met the challenge — he sold off most of his expensive clothes to pay his airfare.

guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: pictures re: secret formula

The ?Koch Method?

Internal company documents show that the company made those sales through foreign subsidiaries, thwarting a U.S. trade ban. Koch Industries units have also rigged prices with competitors, lied to regulators and repeatedly run afoul of environmental regulations, resulting in five criminal convictions since 1999 in the U.S. and Canada.
    From 1999 through 2003, Koch Industries was assessed more than $400 million in fines, penalties and judgments. In December 1999, a civil jury found that Koch Industries had taken oil it didn?t pay for from federal land by mismeasuring the amount of crude it was extracting. Koch paid a $25 million settlement to the U.S.
    Phil Dubose, a Koch employee who testified against the company said he and his colleagues were shown by their managers how to steal and cheat -- using techniques they called the Koch Method.

Refused to Falsify
    In 1999, a Texas jury imposed a $296 million verdict on a Koch pipeline unit -- the largest compensatory damages judgment in a wrongful death case against a corporation in U.S. history. The jury found that the company?s negligence had led to a butane pipeline rupture that fueled an explosion that killed two teenagers.
    Former Koch employees in the U.S. and Europe have testified or told investigators that they?ve witnessed wrongdoing by the company or have been asked by Koch managers to take what they saw as improper actions.
    Sally Barnes-Soliz, who?s now an investigator for the State Department of Labor and Industries in Washington, says that when she worked for Koch, her bosses and a company lawyer at the Koch refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas, asked her to falsify data for a report to the state on uncontrolled emissions of benzene, a known cause of cancer. Barnes-Soliz, who testified to a federal grand jury, says she refused to alter the numbers.
    ?They didn?t know what to do with me,? she says. ?They were really kind of baffled that I had ethics.?
    Koch?s refinery unit pleaded guilty in 2001 to a federal felony charge of lying to regulators and paid $20 million in fines and penalties.
    Corporate Cultures
    ?How much lawless behavior are we going to tolerate from any one company?? asks David Uhlmann, who oversaw the prosecution of the Koch refinery division when he was chief of the environmental crimes unit at the U.S. Department of Justice. ?Corporate cultures reflect the priorities of the corporation and its senior officials.?
    Koch Industries declined to make either Charles Koch, who lives near corporate headquarters in Wichita, or David Koch, who lives in New York, available for interviews.
    Melissa Cohlmia, Koch?s director of corporate communications, said in an e-mailed statement that the company has developed a good relationship with environmental regulators and now complies with all rules. Cohlmia says the company has learned lessons from past mistakes, including the improper payment scheme that Koch outlined in its letter filed in French court.

?The Kochs are on a whole different level. There?s no one else who has spent this much money. The sheer dimension of it is what sets them apart. They have a pattern of lawbreaking, political manipulation, and obfuscation. I?ve been in Washington since Watergate, and I?ve never seen anything like it. They are the Standard Oil of our times.?

Tea Party platform called for the abolition of the F.B.I. and the C.I.A., as well as of federal regulatory agencies, such as the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Energy. The Party wanted to end Social Security, minimum-wage laws, gun control, and all personal and corporate income taxes; it proposed the legalization of prostitution, recreational drugs, and suicide. Government should be reduced to only one function: the protection of individual rights.

?Anarcho-Totalitarianism.?

Last edited by tomt; June 22nd, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: pictures re: secret formula

prog-rock -

trance -

Last edited by tomt; June 28th, 2012 at 12:55 AM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....