Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: pictures

Tommyo B (tommyo8) 1 day ago
    Huge FAIL for infowars. They arrive AFTER the action is all over (same as in Balt. when they didn't have the guts till National Guard was in the streets) with their asshole "Oathkeeper" pals dressed in body armor holding assault rifles. Bootlicker Biggs doesn't even know how to stream & there's no sound. Meanwhile REAL streamers were there unarmed and without armor including a girl in a wheelchair. More importantly the REAL streamers supported protesters in taking the fight to the thug cops. You are manly men aren't you right wingers LMFAO
    Show less
    Reply ? 1

Hide replies

shawcobra 1 day ago
    where were you?
    Reply ? 1

Daniel Pineda 1 day ago
    +shawcobra I was inside the Mc Donald..������
    Reply ?

Humans 1 Being 1 day ago (edited)
    +shawcobra Well if you buy infowars stuff, then you pay infowars to go do these things.
    I agree, on every occasion they have dropped the ball on covering these events, it's usually some independent journalist (some kid with a camera) who actually gets the footage and the real scoops as to whats going on in the middle of things, especially when something goes down. But those people are not writers, and don't have a staff, and the details go unreported. So I understand Tommyo B (tommyo8) disappointment.
    First Ferguson Alex called them off because it was too "dangerous" because of rubber bullets and tear gas. No offense to the infowars reporters, but that is some pussy shit, you have been missing details of whats been going on that will help open peoples eyes to how bad things are. Nobody reported on the drunk swat throwing beer cans out the back of one those giant military vehicles. I could go on and on..

MOST IMPORTANT I want to be informed if/when this country falls apart, as to how to deal with these incidents and the community when they are happening on my street.
    Show less
    Reply ?

Tommyo B (tommyo8) 1 day ago
    +shawcobra Chicago is where I live. I would have made the drive but I don't have a car. I'm poor like many of these people so I understand some of their issues when it comes to poverty. I am white and I've also seen with my own eyes the racism that some police have towards black friends of mine. I won't go into detail here because I would fill up the whole page! I've attended 2 Black Lives Matter protests in Chicago and if it ever ramps up out here in similar fashion you could bet I'll be there!
    Reply ?

HyborianAge 1 day ago
    You fuckin idiots. Joe Biggs has been there and gotten shot by rubber bullets. Let's see you get out there and risk getting one in the eye or head for five minutes of footage. Lets see you go out to the border and shoot footage of some Gulf Cartel operations. That's right. Keep your skinny pant wearing, bom bom eating, shower cap styling, pee sitting down ass inside and shut the fuck up.
    Reply ?

Humans 1 Being 1 day ago (edited)
    +HyborianAge
    Sure, pay me and I will do it! Let's start a kickstarter and will go all around the country doing exactly that. Off the top of my head I would probably need $5k a month at least. Traveling is expensive, cell phone, Hotels, food..
    I am all up for it! So before you start judging people and calling them cowards...
    Journalists wear bullet proof vests and helmets in a war zone for a reason. I would need funds for those also.
    Thanks to citizens journalists I got to see in detail what went on in Ferguson the first time around.
    Now I am much more prepared and have a better understanding of how to deal with situations, should that happen in my streets, or worse. But only a small audience of people were watching, vs the large audience of infowars.

guns kill people,

like spoons made rush limbaugh,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Computing giant IBM has been promising for years to become a significant player in the cloud computing services business. But, for most of the time it has been saying that, it has been something considerably less than a significant player.

That was before June, when IBM paid about $2 billion for SoftLayer the Dallas-based cloud computing services player, a distant rival to the industry’s 800-pound gorilla, Amazon Web Services. (SoftLayer had been privately held, and the actual price IBM paid was never disclosed.)

Since then, IBM has started reminding the world about its aims in the cloud space. On a recent earnings call, CFO Mark Loughridge (who just announced plans to retire) reiterated Big Blue’s goal that it expects to book $7 billion in cloud revenue by 2015.

And there are hints that it will get there. When it last reported earnings, IBM said it had achieved more than $1 billion in cloud-related sales: About $460 million from cloud services, and about $610 million from IBM hardware, software and services to set up cloud operations for IBM customers.

SoftLayer is turning out to be the central thrust of those cloud efforts. Since the deal was done in June, it has added 1,000 new customers — it already had more than 20,000 — with companies as varied as Yahoo’s social blogging unit Tumblr, local-review site Yelp and social photo-sharing site Twitpic among them.

In fact, Big Blue is feeling so sure of its newfound cloud cred that it has started to run uncharacteristically aggressive ads taking shots at Amazon. In the ads, it claims that its cloud technology is behind 270,000 more websites than Amazon’s.

Yet even with that new cred, IBM recently lost out on a high-profile bid to run cloud computing services for the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, a deal worth $600 million.

As Amazon gets its big re:Invent conference under way this week — I spoke to AWS head Andy Jassy in an interview published on Friday — it seemed a good moment to check in with SoftLayer CEO Lance Crosby. My first question was about his view on the state of competition.

AllThingsD: Since SoftLayer has become part of IBM, the competitive map has obviously changed. How do you see it now?

Crosby: Obviously, Amazon and SoftLayer competed head to head for some time prior to the acquisition. It was our fiercest competitor. Part of the reason that we looked at doing the deal was to address one of the problems we had, which was that we didn’t have the brand-name recognition. When you put us together with IBM, we instantly have brand recognition. And so I would say in the course of four months we have gone from being a much smaller competitor in an inferior position to being a much bigger competitor in a much better position than Amazon is in today.

Amazon doesn’t say much about size and reach, so how do you quantify that comparison?

They aren’t real public with their numbers. From a technical perspective, when we look at Amazon, we look at the number of locations and nodes installed and the customers that they have. We see a lot of transitions from their customer base into SoftLayer as those customers become more advanced. Some enterprises start first with Amazon and then find us later because we are more enterprise-driven. From that perspective, we have a sense of how pervasive and competitive Amazon is.

What has changed since you became part of IBM?

It has really catapulted the platform into the enterprise at a speed that was unpredictable before. We’ve added more than 1,000 customers in the first 90 days. It has taken me to a customer base that would have taken quite a long time to achieve. Before the acquisition, SoftLayer was bringing 100 percent of its business in an inbound and self-service manner. Now, with IBM, we have a high-touch sales team, and that has helped us tremendously. In addition to that, IBM has brought its platform- and software-as-a-service capabilities to SoftLayer. We have more than 50 different SaaS products being ported over.

When I recently talked to Andy Jassy, the head of Amazon, he said that AWS is on track to introduce more than 200 new significant features this year. Not that I want jump back and forth just comparing you and AWS, but I did think that was an interesting metric. What do you think of it?

Sure. When we look at the comparison, fundamentally, Amazon does about one-third of what we do. They basically have virtual machines and simple storage. And then all the ancillary things they do on top of those are all just in support of those two core components. In our world, virtual machines in a public cloud are one-third of our core business. We have private clouds predicated on any technology you prefer to use: VMware, Citrix, Parallels, Hyper-V, and OpenStack. And then we layer literally hundreds of services on top of that. Add on the 110 SaaS companies that IBM owns, and you’re talking multiples of add-on services, not only to the infrastructure, but also to pure-play business processes. It’s much more advanced than selling individual widgets to developers over the Web.

So, what are your big priorities in 2014?

We’ll be adding a lot of international expansion and a little domestic expansion. We believe in getting closer to the customer time zones. You’ll see lots of features and functionality added to the SoftLayer platform. The one unique thing that we have at IBM now is, because we have software and hardware and networking and storage components inside the company, we can begin to change and modify them specifically for use in the cloud, versus the retail hardware boxes that are out there today.

A lot of people have been looking at the basic capabilities of cloud services companies like yours and Amazon, and wondering why the government didn’t call you in to help roll out the HealthCare.gov site, which has had so much trouble getting launched. When you see the news coming out of Washington on this front, what do you think?

The cloud is absolutely something that the federal government should be using. We made an announcement at a federal conference. We launched federal pods on Ashburn, Va., and Dallas. They will be both FISMA- and FedRAMP-compliant. And we’ll be going directly after business with all those agencies that have those requirements. The ones that don’t today, we obviously do business with. But for those that do, we’ll have a specific SoftLayer footprint for them to use.

Why would it not occur to a federal agency to call a company like yours in the first place? Was it just bad planning?

There’s really no difference between a federal agency and an enterprise client. The cloud is a new technology. It’s a different way of doing things. There are still those agencies that have to be shown what the cloud can do. I’ve spent a lot of my time during the first 90 days since the acquisition meeting with IBM’s enterprise clients showing them what the cloud can do. The whole premise of the cloud is that you turn IT into a variable cost, meaning that you pay for what you use. It’s not so much a federal government problem as an IT problem.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

maxresdefault

- - - Updated - - -

maxresdefault

- - - Updated - - -

Two years ago Chinese firm Lenovo got banned from supplying equipment for networks of the intelligence and defense services various countries due to hacking and spying concerns.

Earlier this year, Lenovo was caught red-handed for selling laptops pre-installed with Superfish malware.

One of the most popular Chinese computer manufacturers ‘Lenovo’ has been caught once again using a hidden Windows feature to preinstall unwanted and unremovable rootkit software on certain Lenovo laptop and desktop systems it sells.

The feature is known as "Lenovo Service Engine" (LSE) – a piece of code presents into the firmware on the computer's motherboard.

If Windows is installed, the LSE automatically downloads and installs Lenovo's own software during boot time before the Microsoft operating system is launched, overwriting Windows operating system files.

More worrisome part of the feature is that it injects software that updates drivers, firmware, and other pre-installed apps onto Windows machine – even if you wiped the system clean.

So even if you uninstall or delete the Lenovo's own software programs, the LSE hidden in the firmware will automatically bring them back as soon as you power-on or reboot your machine.

Users at a number of online forums are criticizing Lenovo for this move and suspecting that the Chinese computer maker has installed a "bootkit" that survives a full system wipe-and-reinstall.

The issue was first discovered and reported by users back in May when using new Lenovo laptops but was widely reported Tuesday.

What these Unwanted Program Does?

For Desktops:
    In case of desktops, Lenovo's own description states that the software doesn't send any personally identifying information, but sends some basic information, including the system model, date, region, and system ID, to a Lenovo server.

Moreover, the company claims that this process is done only one-time, sending the information to its server only when a machine first connects to the Internet.

For Laptops:
    However, in case of Laptops, the software does rather more. LSE installs a software program called OneKey Optimizer (OKO) that bundles on many Lenovo laptops.

According to the company, the OKO software is used for enhancing computer performance by "updating the firmware, drivers, and pre-installed apps" as well as "scanning junk files and find factors that influence system performance."

OneKey Optimizer falls under the category of "crapware". The worst part is that both LSE as well as OKO appears to be insecure.

Back in April, security researcher Roel Schouwenberg reported some security issues, including buffer overflows and insecure network connections, to Lenovo and Microsoft.

This forced Lenovo to stop including LSE on its new systems that built since June. The company has also provided firmware updates for vulnerable laptops and issued instructions to disable the option on affected machines and clean up the LSE files.

Among others, many Flex and Yoga machines running an operating system including Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 are affected by this issue. You can see the full list of affected notebooks and desktops on Lenovo's website.

Lenovo has since released an official statement, which notes that the systems made from June onwards have BIOS firmware that eliminates the issue, and it's no longer installing Lenovo Service Engine on PCs.

How to Remove Lenovo Service Engine (Rootkit)

In order to remove LSE from your affected machines, you have to do it manually. Follow these simple steps in order to do so:

Know your System Type (whether it’s a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows)
    Browse to the Lenovo Security Advisory, and select the link for your specific Lenovo machine.
    Click the "Date" button for the most recent update.
    Search for "Lenovo LSE Windows Disabler Tool" and Click the download icon next to the version that matches your version of Windows.
    Open the program once it downloads. It will remove the LSE software.

- - - Updated - - -

Wb2MHSPbX20

A1PKkBN9N1U
    Last edited by tomt; August 13th, 2015 at 04:32 AM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

got hot

hqdefault
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

donnie looked stupid, even back in the 60's -

50172171 donaldtrumpandfather

1423 replies | 49859 view(s)
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

1424 replies | 49885 view(s)

$1 Coin Cell Charger | Hackaday

Plasma is the fourth state of matter. Many places teach that there are three states of matter; solid, liquid and gas, but there are actually four. The fourth is plasma. To put it very simply, a plasma is an ionized gas, a gas into which sufficient energy is provided to free electrons from atoms or molecules and to allow both species, ions and electrons, to coexist. The funny thing about that is, that as far as we know, plasmas are the most common state of matter in the universe. They are even common here on earth. A plasma is a gas that has been energized to the point that some of the electrons break free from, but travel with, their nucleus. Gases can become plasmas in several ways, but all include pumping the gas with energy. A spark in a gas will create a plasma. A hot gas passing through a big spark will turn the gas stream into a plasma that can be useful. Plasma torches like that are used in industry to cut metals. The biggest chunk of plasma you will see is that dear friend to all of us, the sun. The sun's enormous heat rips electrons off the hydrogen and helium molecules that make up the sun. Essentially, the sun, like most stars, is a great big ball of plasma.
    altho there are factual errors, in the above quote,

here lies the 'missing energy' for going beyond,

the usual, limitations ...

- - - Updated - - -

Tewari begins the Energy Revolution

Paramahansa Tewari n Stefan Marinov002For decades frontier scientists have known it should be possible to tap into the background energy of the space around us, to provide electricity for useful work.

Few people believed them, despite elegant explanations such as the Space Vortex Theory of Paramahamsa Tewari of India. (In my photo from 1987 at the left, Tewari points out a technical paper held by the late Stefan Marinov, while conference attendees in Hannover, Germany, listen attentively.)

Tewari’s super-high efficiency machine can start the clean-energy revolution. It tested at 238 per cent efficient last November. That means it produced more than twice the amount of electrical power than it needed to start running.

A major manufacturer of AC generators in India duplicated the machine and reported 250 per cent efficiency!

This month could mark the turning point in public awareness. Finally a real over-unity energy prototype from a reputable engineer/physicist has been announced in a mass media venue while established manufacturers are getting ready to produce it.

Before writing about the news, I’ve waited for the go-ahead from the inventor and his American colleague, electrical engineer Toby Grotz. Now I can happily point you to the recent revolutionary advances made by Tewari.

The economics section of the newspaper India Times broke the news big-time on April 7, but a Canadian group Collective-Evolution.com already had an article by Grotz. He’s grateful for their website assistance.

And I’m delighted at this development and grateful to Paramahamsa Tewari for his nearly 40 years of work on the invention and to Toby Grotz for making so many trips to India to test the machine and assist with the project over the past two decades.

A few years ago Tewari said, “I clearly see self running space engines to be the motors and generators in immediate future — ‘space’ engines , because it is ‘space’ that creates electrons. The electrons assemble atoms, and the atoms and the electrons with their mutual electric force produce electric current to give free power, eternally.”

http://changingpower.net/

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

"The formulation of a problem is often more essential than its solution,
    which may be merely a matter of mathematical or experimental skill."
    Albert Einstein
    Last edited by tomt; August 13th, 2015 at 07:43 PM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Last edited by tomt; August 14th, 2015 at 12:47 AM.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Meanwhile, a deputy in a sheriff?s helicopter warned residents by loudspeaker to stay in their homes.

?We were trying to keep people inside, but they were all coming outside to hear the speaker,? Chu said.

Bear cools off in La Ca?ada pool, then vanishes - LA Canada

1426 replies | 49940 view(s)

- - - Updated - - -

todays secret agent code words are -

altec and back blonde brenda catfight ceaftebychapyyu

- - - Updated - - -

killa trees -

what appears to be a long history of tree-related fatalities at the park.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-children-killed-yosemite-20150814-story.html

- - - Updated - - -

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy may be held liable for arresting a public defender for failing to immediately obey a judge’s summons to her courtroom, a federal appeals court decided Friday.

In a unanimous ruling, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals said Deputy Wai Chiu R. Li could not reasonably have believed that he had the right to handcuff and “forcibly” bring Deputy Public Defender Florentina Demuth to a Downey courtroom where a judge wanted her present.

The court described the dispute as a matter of “wounded pride” that never should have turned into a federal case.
    See the most-read stories this hour >>

“The dispute should have been resolved by an admission that the deputy violated Demuth’s constitutional rights, followed by mutual apologies and a handshake, saving the taxpayers of Los Angeles County the considerable costs of litigating this tiff, “ Judge Alex Kozinski wrote for the three-judge panel.

The incident occurred in 2010 at the Los Padrinos Juvenile Courthouse.

Demuth checked into the courtoom where her client’s case was to be heard and indicated she would return in the afternoon.

Demuth then went to her office at the courthouse and did other work.

Interested in the stories shaping California? Sign up for the free Essential California newsletter >>

Heidi Shirley, who as a court referee is a judicial officer, then decided she wanted to call Demuth’s case. She tried to summon Demuth by page and telephone. Demuth heard at least one page and the ringing of her telephone, but did not respond.

“This was not unusual,” Kozinski wrote. “Lawyers, especially public defenders, were often absent from the courtroom when their case was called, and it typically took some time — and a few pages — to get them there.”

At the time, Demuth was with Patricia De La Guerra Jones, her supervisor, working on an assignment.

Referee Shirley then ordered Li, assigned to the courtroom, to find Demuth.
    50 accused of human rights crimes abroad are arrested in U.S.
    50 accused of human rights crimes abroad are arrested in U.S.

"Alright, I order Ms. Demuth to come to this courtroom," the court quoted the judicial officer as saying. "If she refuses, then Ms. De La Guerra Jones will have to come in and explain to me why this is happening."

Li found Demuth in her office with her supervisor and told her she was wanted in court. He said she was not ready to go and told him he would have to handcuff her to get her there.

“While challenging someone equipped with a badge, handcuffs and a gun to 'arrest me' was unwise on Demuth’s part," Kozinski wrote, “we fail to see what legal difference her statement makes.”
    cComments

Ego, ego, ego, ego. Absolutely ridiculous. Titles, licenses, degrees do not always guarantee intelligence or even basic manners.
    averageperson
    at 2:27 PM August 14, 2015

Add a comment See all comments

He said Demuth was obviously being sarcastic and in any case, could not have authorized her own arrest.

Li then cuffed Demuth and brought her to court. Demuth sued.

A lower court found the deputy had violated Demuth's 4th Amendment right to be free of unreasonable seizure, but said he had immunity as a government employee. The 9th Circuit disagreed.

“No reasonable officer could have understood the referee as ordering that Demuth be forcibly brought into court,” Kozinski wrote.

Still, Kozinski said, no one in the case “covered himself with glory.”

“Not the lawyer whose lackadaisical response to a judicial summons and disrespectful retort to a fellow court officer set off this unfortunate chain of events; not the supervisor who did not urge the lawyer to comply promptly with the deputy’s repeated requests that she come to court or admonish her for her tart response to the deputy; not the deputy who took the bait and abused his power; not the judges of the Los Padrinos Juvenile Court, who, doubtless aware of the incident, failed to mediate a minor dispute among court officers and allowed it to metastasize into a federal case,” Kozinski wrote.

Demuth could not immediately be reached for comment.

The county may now be required to pay Demuth monetary damages.

“What seems to be at stake here is little more than wounded pride, as any damages suffered by the plaintiff seem hardly more than nominal,” Kozinski wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

superwoman-

The suspect’s jump was not from the bridge's highest point, which is 200 feet above the water, but it was nevertheless significant enough to cause serious injuries.

“It’s actually pretty incredible,” Williams said.

The two women with Sanchez-Edwards were briefly detained and then released.

Now authorities are looking for Sanchez-Edwards, of Richmond, Calif., who is wanted on suspicion of vehicle theft, hit and run and resisting arrest.

So far, Sanchez-Edwards has managed to evade police, the California Highway Patrol and the U.S. Coast Guard.

She was last seen near the intersection of Fremont and Folsom streets in San Francisco.

Erlynn Kay Sanchez-Edwards, 25, jumped off the bridge just after 2 a.m. Wednesday,
    as officers approached her and two other women after the vehicle crash,
    said Officer Vu Williams of the California Highway Patrol.

Sanchez-Edwards survived the jump and swam toward the shore, Williams said. She then hitched a ride with a dump truck driver who drove her into the city.
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Texas judge sentenced to 18 months in prison for violating gun laws
    Reuters
    Reuters
    Jon Herskovitz
    2 hrs ago
    FILE - This March 2, 2015 file photo shows a pedestrian walks past flowers and candles placed on a sidewalk near where Charly Keunang a homeless man was shot and killed by police in the Skid Row section of downtown Los Angeles. An officer dropped a nightstick during the struggle with Keunang and the woman who picked it up now faces an assault charge that could send her to prison for 25 years to life. The March shooting was captured on video, which shows Trishawn Cardessa Carey, 34, briefly lifting the baton as police scuffled with Keunang.
    Homeless woman who picked up LAPD nightstick rejects plea
    FILE - In this undated file photo provided by the U.S. Army, Pfc. Chelsea Manning poses for a photo wearing a wig and lipstick. The convicted national security leaker, formerly known as Bradley Manning, could be placed in solitary confinement indefinitely for allegedly violating prison rules by having a copy of Vanity Fair with Caitlyn Jenner on the cover and an expired tube of toothpaste, among other things, her lawyer said Wednesday, Aug. 12, 12015.
    Military says it is committed to fairness in Manning case

Tim Wright, 70, right, defers a question to his attorney Jeff Senter, left, as he reports to the Federal Courthouse in Austin on Wednesday, April 8, 2015. A federal grand jury in Austin indicted Wright, the Williamson County court-at-law judge on firearm violations and making false statements to a government agent.? AP Photo/Austin American-Statesman, Rodolfo Gonzalez Tim Wright, 70, right, defers a question to his attorney Jeff Senter, left, as he reports to the Federal Courthouse in Austin on Wednesday, April 8, 2015. A… A former Texas county judge was sentenced on Friday to 18 months in a federal prison for illegally dealing in firearms and making false statements to government agents about the weapons, some of which were smuggled into Mexico, prosecutors said.

Tim Wright, 70, had entered a plea bargain with prosecutors earlier this year and will be placed on supervised release for three years once he completes his prison sentence, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas said.

From June 2014, Wright sold more than 60 firearms without a federal firearms license. Dozens of the weapons were sold to two people who were illegally smuggling those guns into Mexico, the office said.

"No one is above the law, especially not judges," Wright had previously said in a statement read to reporters at the federal court in Austin. He was a judge in Williamson County, north of Austin.

Prosecutors said he also falsified federal forms to hide the identity of the buyers and provided false statements to federal agents about the transactions, prosecutors said.

"These are serious crimes for which he has been held accountable,"
    U.S. Attorney Richard Durbin said in a statement.

hqdefault

hqdefault
    guns kill people,

fat ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted