Thread: All AGs should be created equal...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Does it bother anyone else that AG doesn't show all the dolls and their complete collection as currently availible in the catalog? They don't even show all the AGT options! Like a few more wee little face pics would take up that much more room! While I totally understand Lissie and Liz taking center stage now, what with the telefilm coming out and all, but that's no excuse to not show all of Addy's, Kirsten's, or Josefina's currently availible stuff. Other than Lissie, it's all Samantha/Nellie, Kit, Molly, and Kaya. Is there some kind of hierchy(sp?) among the Historical AGs or something?!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The older catalogs did cover everything. I think they simply changed focus and are running out space to keep it a reasonable price and free.

Many, and I have to agree, think that perhaps they should divide out the different collections into different catalogs. (ie. AGH, AGT, BB/HSH) That way each character/option could get full coverage.

In fact, I noticed that my lastest catalog had absolutely NO HSH in it. I suppose this means it's only a matter of time before they are weeded out entirely. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Part of the reason the older catalogs had everything in them is that American Girl did not have a web presence. If they did not publish a picture, no one would even know it existed.

The current AG catalogs are smaller than the old ones, and have more of a focus on the AGoT (the last one is the first exception to this I have seen in years)

I don't mind this on a regular basis, because frankly, this is a children's product, and most children are very web savy and many adults do their shopping on the internet, myself included. Catalogs are extremely expensive to produce, and I don't really mind the smaller catalogs to much. Keeps prices down. I wish they would stop sending one with every miniscule order though. I have 7 of the catalog with Kaya on the front.

I still have a fondness for the catalog and would be willing to purchase a full catalog (maybe holiday?) just so I could see everything in print.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't understand why they can't display all of the dolls and their collections in the catalogue like they did with Kaya in this most recent catalogue. In the catalogue I got, Kaya had 2 pages (or one 'layout' so to speak) with the doll, her clothes, and many of her accessories shown. I was unimpressed by the jumbled appearance of the other dolls' collections, and it drives me crazy that they mix the historicals together on one page. I can understand if they can't devote several pages to each doll like PC used to, but I don't understand why they can't give each doll at least 2 pages to display her collection.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps it is because Kaya's collection is a small fraction of any of the other girls. It is a lot easier to give her a spread.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Also, AG seems to have finally understood that if something isn't selling as well as other stuff you don't pull it (e.g. Felicity), you promote it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember that for the past many years, I've always been frustrated that they left out Felicity completely (during the past year or so they didn't even mention her name or show her picture), so I'm extremely glad that she & Elizabeth are finally getting their fair share of attention.

I completely sympathize that it is frustrating, however, when one's favorite doll is left out. I have the most beautiful catalog from 1998 or 9 that has a fold-out picture of each doll in their Christmas outfits holding a christmas garland that corresponded with their time and culture. Now I wish that I had kept other old catalogs so I could better remeber the old things AG used to sell.