Thread: AG Mystery Games

courtneysunshine

While we at our local Books-A-Million I noticed there are new mystery games for Molly, Kit, and Samantha. I'm pretty sure there are the same as the games included in the new Party sets on the website. I looked at the website, though, and you can not purchase the games separately. Too bad [img]frown.gif[/img] The games were $16.95 at Books-A-Million and looked really fun.

Kim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kim, you can purchase the games at AGP!!! They are the same as in BAM, $16.95

I got Kit's, but not have opened it yet. [img]redface.gif[/img]

courtneysunshine

Ria, I wanted to code the games. How can you do that on-line? We get a 20% discount at Borders so I was going to get them there. They have the games at amazon.com for $11.99 as well and since they have free shipping and I have been getting $20 gift certificates for amazon lately I was going to try there as well. I wasn't sure the store would let me place three separate code orders.

Kim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone gotten the games yet??
    They are supposed to be role playing games. I wonder which characters will be used. It would be interesting to have a list for each game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CourtneySunshine,

What do you have to do to get $20 gift certificates at Amazon?

I shop there all the time and have never even gotten a coupon code from them. [img]frown.gif[/img]

courtneysunshine

I don't actually get the gift certificates from amazon. I was asked to be in a group online that gives $15 to $20 gift certificates per month for participating. I had $50 worth saved up, but I had to use it for a present for my nephews [img]frown.gif[/img] I really would have liked to get all the games instead. I'll just have to wait a few months until I have some more gift certificates.

Kim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was contemplating using a Borders gift card to buy Sam's to play at the convention but I bookmarked the gift card for Harry Potter already...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would really be interested in a review of the mystery party games, if any of you get them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have Kit's and it looks like a lot of fun. When we get back from Spring Break, DD will have friends over to play it. There is a separate little booklet for the parent who will help keep the game going. It tells how to set up the rooms, how to hide the clues, and what to do with the missing item.

The kit includes 8 party invitations. When you send them you include one of the 9 character cards so they know who they will be and how they should dress. Each person gets a character name tag when they arrive at the party. It says that it's best if one of the parts in particular is played by an adult or older sibling to help direct the flow of the the game. This means you should only invite 7 friends, and it gives hints for if you have too many or too few attendees.

There are 9 scripts but improvisation is needed during certain parts that aren't scripted.

Overall, it looks like a lot of fun. We can't wait to have our party!