Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone else have this problem? LOL, Im sure Im not the only one! Right now I have Felicity and Addy and I also have each of their scenes and settings. I really like having elaborate displays (like Horsemom's, I love your albums!) but my bedroom is kinda on the small side. The scenes and settings are so big and right now I have just have one out, sitting on the floor right now with Addy. I was just curious to how other people display their dolls. Especially people about my age (20) who can only set them up in their bedroom. My ma would have a fit if I tried taking over one of her little tables in the house! And as gorgeous as they are, where do you put the scenes and settings?! [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ February 06, 2007 10:28 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much for the compliment- lots more pictures to come very soon since I just got Addy's scenes and settings and a bunch of new stuff for her and Samantha! LOL- I'm still running behind from the holidays! I have a doll room/library, but I didn't always. If you have a small table or desk you can cram into your room, you can generally fit one Scene/Setting with furniture underneath it on the floor, and another on the tabletop. I only have two Scenes/Settings with furniture displayed at a time because my doll room/library is rather small (10x10) and that's all the space I have. I put the other dolls on shelves in the bookcase and keep most of the furniture at any given time in the closet. I rotate displays so that everything comes out for at least a month per year. In some ways, I wish I had more space so everything could be out at once, but in others it's kind of like a perpetual Christmas gift to open stuff every month I haven't seen in 6-11 mos. I hope after we move to have room for DH to build me a doll cabinet that will hold 2-3 Scenes/Settings and furniture and an additional 2-4 smaller displays (like a single doll and maybe a chair or something).

Edited to add: One cheap option might be to use a card table for display? They are fairly small, break down if need be, and I think are relatively cheap (haven't bought one in a while, so I can't be sure). You could dress it up a bit with a table cloth or table skirt or something like that. Just a thought...

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 22, 2005 01:31 PM: Message edited by: horsemom ]</font>

swazini

Rachie, I know what you mean. Although I'm 24 and am married, we live in a small apartment (until next summer) and I don't have any other space to display dolls other than our bedroom. I have one dresser devoted to Sam, Josefina stands on my nightstand, Kit on my other dresser, and Nellie is hanging out on the trunks on the floor under a window.

I really like the displays I have made though because they were cheap, easy and fun. I used a science project board and cut it down a little so it wasn't so tall as my backdrop. From there you can do just about anything you want. I painted it, added shelves, pictures, wallpaper (scrapbooking paper) and more. I made 2 rooms, one for Josefina and one for Samantha. You can see pictures of both in my albums in my signature below.

Good luck and have fun whatever you decide to do!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you both for the great ideas! Im going to be redoing my room a little bit really soon which was why I asked. It wont be getting any bigger, but I will be getting a futon which will hopefully give me some more space (my rooms like 11x12)The card table sounds like a good idea and I think I will put up some shelves capable of holding a doll and some accesories. When I eventually get all this set up I swear I'll post pictures! LOL. BTW Susan, I looked at some of your albums and I loved your josephina room! Thanks again! [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 22, 2005 02:08 PM: Message edited by: rachie421 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it won't work with a Futon, but for my DD's room, when she got her "big girl" bed, we got her a loft bed (sorta, it's at a "mid" height right now) and then set up her "Dollie Dorm" underneath it. Her room's like 14x8, so long but narrow.

My two dolls just sit in the living room on the rattan trunk that my DH bought me for Christmas, but then, I also don't have any of the scenes and settings either, or any furniture (yet)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bunk beds! My girls sleep in their own bunk beds at night and during the day when they wake up, I take down the bunks and they sit on them while doing whatever activity it is they are doing. I also have an antique child size drop leaf table that I set up accessory displays on.

Sail-Away

I also have the "display" space problem. I really just have a space problem in general.

we have a set of the scenes and settings on the way. I have no clue how I will use them except for at play time. It was just something I felt I wanted for when Marina can display her doll collection.

My 2yo son and 8yo daughter share a room in our little 2 bed room appartment. They have the "master" bedroom. There was enough space to put all of the dolls on shelves and then have the horse on a dresser. I am trying not to over feminize the room for my sons sake.

What I really want is a room of my own. Then I can keep my toys and have space for me again. I haven't had that since my daughter was born.....well, actually since we got married.

I want no diamond rings for my 10th anniversary. I want my own room!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have my girls on a shelf! Only 9 fit there! Kit is on my bed, and Nora with Katie are sitting on a CD Player! I do not like this! So, I am going to purchase a wicker couch for my room, to be placed where the bird cages used to be, Jean's cage is going to being hanged so there can be more room. So, all the dolls are going to sit on the wicker couch. This is make the room more open spaced too. And will be looking for a wicker couch which can open to have space for the doll outfits!!! This way I can get my closet back too! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My room is small, too, and crammed with dolls and movie star pictures! I have this big desk in my room that holds a lot. Kit's room is on top of the desk, and Molly's is in the space underneath. Samantha's scenes and settings is to the left of that where it fits perfectly. Lindsey has the top of a small bookshelf, and Charlie and Tess have the space at the foot of my bed. Overall, it's rather cramped, but it's all I have! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nancy S., what a good idea with the bunk bed! Im sure your daughter is going to love that. Very clever, unfortunately I don't think that would fit in my room. Im planning on putting up some shelves and I'll make sure they are big enough for Felicity or Addy or both! I'm on the hunt for a cute little table too. Our card tables have definantly seen better days, and our family is huge so there are lots of parties and people often borrowing them. I think a table big enough for a display underneath would be cute, or maybe a wide but short bookshelf. I have a million books and magazines so this could come in handy too. LOL. Oh, all the ideas! Thanks again! BTW, AGTeacher, all the girls on the wicker bench will look really cute! I just love wicker furniture! [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]