Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our trip to AGPC!!!!

ponydreamer

I am getting so excited about our trip to American Girl Place, Chicago!

Our group has gone down in size, which is good. My DD has decided to stay home and work, and my mother doesn't think she can handle the walking. So, it will just be me, my sis, her GD, and her DH. I'm not sure the other two adults are that excited about going. I almost feel guilty.

They decided too late that they did, in fact, want to eat at the cafe....and now I can't get reservations!!!! We can get dinner reservations, but that would get us back home really late. So, I'll have to save the cafe for next time.

Some day before the end of the school year, I am going to pull my DD out of school, and she and I are going to drive to a city close to Chicago, take the Metra, and go to AGPC. We'll eat at the cafe, and hit some other stores on Michigan Avenue.

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] Then, we'll head back home. It should be a long, but fun day!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like so much fun. Your sisters GD is Felicity's mommy right? The two of you will have enough fun for the other adults.I hope you have great time. Take pics for the rest of us.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jenny, that sounds like a wonderfull day, can't wait to hear how it went and what you think about AGP.
    I hope you have a great day [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

ponydreamer

Yes, Robin...she's Felicity's mommmy. I hope she gets to bring her with. We aren't telling her where we're going, until we are on the way! She sits and watches the AGP portion of the Samantha movie......she won't believe where she is actually going! I just wish we could take her to the cafe.... [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Ponydreamer:
    Yes, Robin...she's Felicity's mommmy. I hope she gets to bring her with. We aren't telling her where we're going, until we are on the way! She sits and watches the AGP portion of the Samantha movie......she won't believe where she is actually going! I just wish we could take her to the cafe.... [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jenny, you might want to check at AGP when you get there, to see if they have room in the cafe. Several times in NY I have been told that there were last-minute openings. Have fun!

Judy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I went to the cafe there were also last minute openings and no-shows. Sounds like a fun trip, Jenny!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sounds like a wonderful trip even without the Cafe. You will just have to plan another trip soon so that you can dine at the cafe. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Have a wonderful time at AGPC!!

Lynet

ponydreamer

Yes...I'll definately ask if there are any cancellations. She would love that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe the cafe would be booked with all the places to eat in Chicago! It must have really good food.
    I was planning on just dropping in if I were ever in the area. I didn't know you would need a reservation.

ponydreamer

Ashley...I've called twice, now, thinking maybe there would have been a cancellation the second time I called. I had to wait on the phone for twenty minutes before I could even get through!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast