Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If anyone is debating whether or not to get Molly's trunk, I highly recommend it. It looks great, has excellent storage and has the advantage, unlike Kirsten, Addy and Josefina's chests which are terrific in their own way, of having a small "footprint". That said, I'm also worried that whatever comes out as a replacement will be along the lines of doll storage, as in Felicity's new and imo useless wardrobe.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by tngirl03:

I think we're seeing a pattern here with the Christmas sets. Kit's waffle iron is going out; all of Felicity's Christmas acc. (except her doll)are retired; Addy's sweet potato set is retired; now they are retiring Molly's stocking and I've been hearing rumors here that Kirsten's St. Lucia tray is next. I'm sorry, but what is wrong with Christmas accessory sets? I don't see why they got rid of nearly all of them, maybe they don't sell as well? This is very frustrating!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where did you hear that Kirsten's Saint Lucia tray is in danger of retirement????? That doesn't seem to fit.

I guess I need to make another emergency purchase soon. I have to get the Camp Gowanagin outfit and camping supplies and the brown oxfords. Maybe I ought to get the saddle shoes, just in case. I think that her Saves the Day book is one of the best, so they better come up with a very similar outfit!!! I should probably purchase her book set now too, before they change things again (her illustrations have already changed how many time??!!)

edited because I can't spell [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 01, 2006 08:16 PM: Message edited by: simplepretty ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad they are redoing her bed, her bed is so plain compared to the other girls.

I must immediately get the Camp Gowanagan outfit and camping supplies ASAP!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Although, the are retiring her "core outfits" it seems, which is sad in itself-I was never fond of her collection, so I am not to upset about her disappearing items. I just am curious to see what they replace it with.

The Miss Victory Costume didn't hold a candle to what I thought it could be.

I did order an emergency order of the Party Games tonight, because even though I have the new skates, I figured, I'll have two pairs-one for her, one for Emily.

-Jordyn

MapleLeaf

I just came home from work tonight and I saw this post. [img]eek.gif[/img]
    Luckily I have most of Molly's things but I need to get her western boots, brown oxfords and Christmas stocking. I really have a hard time believing that AG would consider retiring her bed and her trunk.
    And I do hope that the quality doesn't suffer when her new items are released.

Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GRRR!!! [img]mad.gif[/img] There's another seven Molly things I don't have! It doesn't look like they are retired the birthday tea set and treats, which is good, but I'll have to see if I can get the camping equipment, Dude Ranch outfit, After School outfit, Brown Oxfords, and Nighttime Necessities. I'd really love the bed and trunk, but I doubt I can get those.

Good thing I don't care about AGoT stuff as much!

Felicity_Fan85

Hmmm... I should get Happy Birthday, Molly and Changes for Molly soon just in case the change the illustrations. I don't have Molly but I like the camp Gowonagan (sp?) outfit.

I'm glad the basketball outfit isn't on the list because I want to buy that next month when I'm done with the challenge.

Janie3082

Originally posted by simplepretty:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where did you hear that Kirsten's Saint Lucia tray is in danger of retirement????? That doesn't seem to fit.[/QUOTE]
    ----------------------------
    I read it somewhere on this board several weeks ago. I don't remember who posted it or how they found out, though. I did email CS and they said it was not retiring "at this time"; but they also said stuff about "making room for new items", probably meaning Molly's, I guess.

I really hope they don't get rid of Kirsten's St. Lucia tray; it's such an important part of her Christmas story.

Sorry about the quote brackets; I can't seem to remember how to do them correctly right now.
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the updates; very helpful! Best of luck to everyone who has a sudden list of "must-haves."

I don't collect for Molly at all, so I can be calm. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Although I have to say, I hope Kirsten NEVER gets a movie! Or at least not for 10 years or so; by then, I may have completed her collection. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, Molly's collection is probably my least favorite even though she was the only childhood doll I ever loved, but I'm still a little disappointed. I hope they replace things like the Camp Gowonagain outfit with a new camp outfit so girls can still have outfits from each of the books. I'd be lying if I said these little tricks will end my American Girl collecting, but I hope we're not seeing a trend towards doing away with the outfit and accessories that are supposed to go with each story. Because without the books and the history, American Girl is really going to start feeling the heat from smaller 18" vinyl playdolls like Carpatina and Life of Faith.