Thread: Changing the hair and eye color?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi everyone has been changing the hair and eye color and making there dream Ag dolls but how do you do it? Do you have to download anything? Is it free or do you have to buy it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was just playing with it in Photoshop. Photoshop is a professional program that is used by graphic designers, so it is very expensive (luckily my Husband owns it). It is also complex, and very hard to learn... I'm not sure how some people do it so well, and so fast!

I think there are other, possibly free, programs out there. I'm not sure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you have limewire or something like that, you can download it...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use photoshop, but there is also a program called Paint Shop Pro which is much less expensive and just as good - in fact, when I started messing with graphics about seven years ago,that's what I used. You can download a trial version for free at the websit.

I only got Photoshop because it was bundled with my laptop. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, when I did my avatar picture, I used layers, which are like panes of glass, only digital. I made one layer for her eyes. I used a paintbrust tool and put green only over the eye part, and then I adjusted the blend mode until I liked it (the blend mode changes how the light would move through the window pane, so to speak). For the hair, I "cut out" the hair from the #28 photo and recolored it by using some of the other image editing tools (I used the "color adjustment," auto levels, brightness/contrast, the sharpness tool, and others). I also had to use the smudge and blur tools and the patchwork tool on the original picture's face so that it matched the new hairline.

But I know that some of the other ones simply copied and pasted parts of one onto another, or did what I did for the eyes but on the hair. There's lots of ways to do it, and it's pretty easy if you play around with it a lot and practice.

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]