Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is next in line?

GreyMyst

I want Addy, but I really don't think they have any intention of making the non-caucasian characters until when/if they've exausted the others. Samantha may see a second movie before Addy, Josefina, or Kaya even get one

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am going to be shocked and amazed if the next girl isn't from the 1800s. They've done one from the 1700s and TWO from the 1900s. Plus, any girl they pick will give them a new person of color (Kirsten would bring Singing Bird).

Of course, I'm going to be shocked if the next LE isn't African American, too...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Bean Bunny:
    I am going to be shocked and amazed if the next girl isn't from the 1800s. They've done one from the 1700s and TWO from the 1900s. Plus, any girl they pick will give them a new person of color (Kirsten would bring Singing Bird).

Of course, I'm going to be shocked if the next LE isn't African American, too...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I totally agree with this, too. I really think they should do Addy or maybe Kaya. Although, I don't know how they're going to do her blind friend. I would kinda want Addy's friend to be 'whats her name' because she sounds pretty, but it may very well be Sara. Addy didn't get along with the other girl too much, especially in the beginning. So, I don't know. I would also like to see Singing Bird. And yes, the next LE needs to be Af-Am or maybe even Native American. We've seen Hispanic, and now with Jess, part Asian American. Time for something different, but I doubt AG will do three LE girls of color in a row. As far as Sam seeing another movie before anyone else, that doesn't seem to make sense to me. I love Sam, but that wouldn't be fair. Everyone should have a chance to shine equally.

13Pumpkins

Originally posted by AGdivine:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bean Bunny:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I totally agree with this, too. I really think they should do Addy or maybe Kaya. Although, I don't know how they're going to do her blind friend. I would kinda want Addy's friend to be 'whats her name' because she sounds pretty, but it may very well be Sara. Addy didn't get along with the other girl too much, especially in the beginning. So, I don't know. I would also like to see Singing Bird. And yes, the next LE needs to be Af-Am or maybe even Native American. We've seen Hispanic, and now with Jess, part Asian American. Time for something different, but I doubt AG will do three LE girls of color in a row. As far as Sam seeing another movie before anyone else, that doesn't seem to make sense to me. I love Sam, but that wouldn't be fair. Everyone should have a chance to shine equally.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that they should do a non-causcasion girl as well. It wouldn't be fair! Kit shouldn't be next!
    I honestly think that this is the way they should have been done:
    Samantha
    Molly
    Kirsten - Singing Bird!!!
    Felicty
    Addy
    Josefina
    Kit
    Kaya
    In all fairness. But since they didn't, they need to make an ethnic girl. I realize that alot of people look at America as being a white country, which really is NOT CORRECT, nor fair. My favorite dolls are the Native American, Hispanic dolls. And they are sooooo neglected! There is only ONE GOT that could work for either, and 1 Hispanic historical, one Native American historical. I am so glad they did Marisol. Even though there are varying skin tones in all the races, I think that that shouldn't be an excuse to not make dolls that show the darker coloring of different races: chocalate colored AA dolls, carmel skinned Hispanics - mmm. Now I want some ice cream. [img]tongue.gif[/img] So I think that new dolls should reflect ALL of America.

But I am with Cami, I would love to stop and do a new historical AN ASIAN, which AG has already said that they are just concentrating on the frineds lines for a while.

Sorry for the rant. It's just frustrating to not see greater ethnic variety in the dolls..... I am getting ready to have to start rewigging dolls (GTT2 & 15)now.... to fill holes since I've nearly run the gaubtlet dry.

I want to see Jess face mold with medium skin!! I think it would look lovely..... maybe Sining Bird???
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by *The*Paranoid*Pumpkin*:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AGdivine:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bean Bunny:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I totally agree with this, too. I really think they should do Addy or maybe Kaya. Although, I don't know how they're going to do her blind friend. I would kinda want Addy's friend to be 'whats her name' because she sounds pretty, but it may very well be Sara. Addy didn't get along with the other girl too much, especially in the beginning. So, I don't know. I would also like to see Singing Bird. And yes, the next LE needs to be Af-Am or maybe even Native American. We've seen Hispanic, and now with Jess, part Asian American. Time for something different, but I doubt AG will do three LE girls of color in a row. As far as Sam seeing another movie before anyone else, that doesn't seem to make sense to me. I love Sam, but that wouldn't be fair. Everyone should have a chance to shine equally.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that they should do a non-causcasion girl as well. It wouldn't be fair! Kit shouldn't be next!
    I honestly think that this is the way they should have been done:
    Samantha
    Molly
    Kirsten - Singing Bird!!!
    Felicty
    Addy
    Josefina
    Kit
    Kaya
    In all fairness. But since they didn't, they need to make an ethnic girl. I realize that alot of people look at America as being a white country, which really is NOT CORRECT, nor fair. My favorite dolls are the Native American, Hispanic dolls. And they are sooooo neglected! There is only ONE GOT that could work for either, and 1 Hispanic historical, one Native American historical. I am so glad they did Marisol. Even though there are varying skin tones in all the races, I think that that shouldn't be an excuse to not make dolls that show the darker coloring of different races: chocalate colored AA dolls, carmel skinned Hispanics - mmm. Now I want some ice cream. [img]tongue.gif[/img] So I think that new dolls should reflect ALL of America.

But I am with Cami, I would love to stop and do a new historical AN ASIAN, which AG has already said that they are just concentrating on the frineds lines for a while.

Sorry for the rant. It's just frustrating to not see greater ethnic variety in the dolls..... I am getting ready to have to start rewigging dolls (GTT2 & 15)now.... to fill holes since I've nearly run the gaubtlet dry.

I want to see Jess face mold with medium skin!! I think it would look lovely..... maybe Sining Bird???
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You and I think alike, hon! Welcome to my club! Ha ha! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pumpkin, I'm so with you. An Asian historical would be great. I can't see it happening soon, simply because it takes years to make an historical, and it sounds like Rebecca, who sounds like an historical, might come out soon (please next year). "Rebecca" doesn't sound like a very Asian name, and I hope with the historicals, they'll give them more ethnic names (Aduke, Kaya, and Josefina were granted this).

As for movies, Addy is definitely my favorite to come next. As others have said, her stories are amazing, and each book has something that would just add to a really charming Holiday story. I wonder if they'd combine the slow return of her family into one big chunk at the end, instead of staggered like it is in the book. I'm not too keen on the idea of who they'll give her friend wise.

I think if Kit comes out next, I might have to write an angry letter to AG. They truly seem to care about being culturally and racially diverse. Kit's time period is so close to Molly's. Personally, I think it'd be boring to do them so close together. And obviously Kit isn't at all racially different than what we've seen in the other girls getting movies/friends, (and if you think about it, all three friend dolls have, not only been white, but they've been fair haired, being blondes and red heads). I guess if they're going to do another white girl next, I wouldn't mind them releasing dark haired Ruthie (who'll be the first dark haired Caucasian historical since Sam and Molly, so at least it wont be another blonde/blue eyed girl), although at least Kirsten would bring Singing Bird along.

Honestly, I wonder if they'd stop after doing Kit. I really want them to do all 8 girls, because it will no doubt boost the sales of the lesser selling girls. I can't imagine what people would start saying about AG if they topped after doing 4 white girls, and the only white girl they didn't do had a Native American best friend. Hmmm....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fair or not, I think American Girl is only thinking about sales. They probably feel that caucasian dolls would sell beter than colored ones. And with Jess not doing so well as the others, they might feel its cause she is half asian. I personally think it was because of her accessories. I LOVE Jess! They werent very relatable to most girls. I teach dance and every little girl had Marisol and her outfits. I think Addy has great stories. I think Kirsten would have a great story too, coming over on the boat and singing bird.
    AG is dumb with this one though *rant*
    Why are all the newer dolls blonde hair and blues eyed? Sam and Molly are the best sellers I was told and they have BRUNETTE hair and brown and greenish blue eyes!
    Sorry... going back to my childhood days of no brunette princesses. I was thrilled even with Ariel [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Jessie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dancing_Queen:
    ... going back to my childhood days of no brunette princesses....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, Jessie! The very first Disney princess ever was Snow White! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope it's Ruthie! [img]smile.gif[/img] Though my wishlist is long enough already (about 11 dolls)...

Edited to say that I also think that they need to do someone of colour next. I would want Addie to have the next friend doll. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 09, 2006 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Ellie R. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope it's Addy. Even as an adult I was deeply touched reading her first three books, and I felt like I was shown the pain of slavery more vividly then we learned in the school text books. I also love the idea of bringing different ethnicites to children, so I hope ultimately all eight of the Historicals get movies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast