Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, my name is Jenifer.... and I'm a closet collector. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    The only time my girls have seen the outdoors is when I take them in the backyard for pictures.
    I wanted to take Molly to my wedding, but I knew there would be little kids there, and I didn't have enough time to make a dress for her. I have enough fabric leftover from one of the flower gril dreses, so I'll make one for her to make up for not taking her. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with the smuggling idea. I would have to say that if I was with my family (who doesn't get my AG obession), I would either smuggle (if it was a movie I thought my girl would enjoy) or leave her at home.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sheila, I'm afraid you only have two options: either smuggle one of your girls in a big bag into the cinema or have a movie night with all of them snuggled up to you on your sofa as suggested by Stephanie.

I don't think your DD would carry your doll into the cinema for you if she doesn't want you to take one in the first place. She thinks she's too 'old' for dolls, doesn't she.

Seems you need to adopt a young DD to help you on your dollie outings [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like my house! I think that is why I had so much fun when Tobydoggy (heather) came to visit. It was awesome having another AG fan who didn't mind taking out dolls to lunch, musuems and shopping. My DH thought we were nuts dressing dolls till wee hours of the morning.

It was great! I can usually still convince Rachel to bring a doll. ALthough I am still being blamed for the loss of Addy this summer (since it was my decision to bring her on Holidays).

Kym

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I take my dolls to work sometimes. I work in a preschool so the little kids enjoy visiting with my dollies. Otherwise, I always have my DD's with me so it doesn't bother me to take them out in public.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm a semi-closet collector - I'll take a doll out somewhere if my sister is going, and I'll make it look like I'm carrying her doll for her (since she brings one as well).

I might take Harper to go see Infamous.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Although I am still being blamed for the loss of Addy this summer
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="4">GASP!!!!......CHOKE!!!!!.....SPUTTER!!!!! ....CHOKE......GASP!!!!....</font>

...er...how did this happen and why was DPS not informed of this catastrophy??? We do not show that a missing dollie report was filed.
    [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

BTW:
    We went to the movie W/O a morsel. Thanks for all your suggestions and support. It looks like I will be getting one of those AG Doll totes....hmmmmmm...and if it is $30...Yeeeeeah; I can use the $14 outfit offer!!! YIP YIP YIPEEEEE!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I took my big plush Stitch to see Serenity with my brother, a long time before I got a doll, but if I'd had Beatrice back then, you can bet your knickers that she'd have gone with me! Because of my sensory problems, I need to have not only sunglasses and earplugs for movies, but also something to hold and/or fidgit with. Lots of times, it's my big+heavy sweater, but lately I've taken Stitch or a pillow. But I haven't been to a movie since Batman Beyond came out (my dad took us on father's day, and I wasn't prepared, and it was AWFUL).

But Beatrice has gone to school with me several times, and also on errands a lot. I wish people didn't look at me so funny just because I'm 22 with a doll. I thought it'd be better than carrying my blanket or Stitch or something, and in a way it is, but it hurts when people give nasty looks. I'm just trying to cope with stress due to sensory problems and anxiety, afterall!

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

I think Laura has a good idea about carrying a mini doll in your purse. [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought I posted about Addy this summer - but my lack of internet might of prohibited it.

We took Addy with us on Holidays. She was having a great time. It was on the way to the beach that our van we had rented was broken into to (or someone forgot to lock a door). We lost Addy, two dvd's and an old gameboy. The van was covered for collision but not for theft of items. We could have opened our house policy but the dedicible was $500 (not worth it).

So we are without Addy at the moment. Hmmm will the DPS arrest me for neglect, losing our precious Addy??? We still have Sarady but honestly it hurts to look at her!

I am going to posting some sale items soon and will hopefully raise money to buy another Addy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast