Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hello Everyone,
    I have 3 questions for all you wise AG lovers. 1. I am recreating Felicitiy's Rose Garden outfit and am wondering what size bead(is it seed bead size?) is used for her coral necklace as well as the length of the strand 2. For you sewers out there where do you get your patterns from, I would like my doll Felicity to have more of a wardrobe than just AG made apparel. 3. I soon will be refurbishing a friends doll, what are the steps involved in detangaling and Downey dunking her hair I saw this information on the board but cannot find it for some reason now.
    My thanks to all the wonderful AG Fans on this board

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 29, 2005 08:05 PM: Message edited by: perndragon ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've recently started sewing doll dress. The McCalls craft line is very nice and easy to follow and has some historical patterns as well as modern patterns for 18" dolls. I'd look for a sale (or on ebay, I got some of mine as cheap BIN) because the actual pattern price is quite high.

I don't have my coral necklace in front of me, but I would say it is at least double the size of a seed bead, but probably less than half the size of a pony bead. If those proportions make sense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*Bump*
    P.S. I love your avatar! LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replys, so the beads are between a seed and a pony bead hmm? I think I know what you mean what about the length streached out end to end? my Avatar is of a Pocket Dragon that I want for Christmas I collect all kinds of dragons they are the other side of my personality one side historian and the other sci/fi fantasy fan but one of my first and longest loyalties is to AG!

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 29, 2005 09:37 PM: Message edited by: perndragon ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone,
    I am still wondering about how to do the downey dunk, my friend has asked me to help her refurbish her little girl's well loved Samantha as well as neaten up her Kailey who I know is not as bad a her Sam is. I never thought this board would be as adicting as it is.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 29, 2005 10:34 PM: Message edited by: perndragon ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am going to attempt the downey dunk too soon. Check out Joy's album: Doll Restoration.

I found a steamer for a good price on eBay, so you might try there. I'm afraid I don't have my Felicity with me so I can't measure the necklace. My guess would be 1/2" longer than the circumference of the doll's neck. As for the beads . . . maybe a 1/8" diameter?

- Becca

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

still no time for a picture, I have got to get to work.

stretch the necklace is 14.5 cm of beads. With the clasps it is 17.6 cm. The clasps that they use are gold and is a loop on one side and then a latch hook thing. It doesn't close, just goes over the loop.

The beads are round except where they meet (they do not appear flat) and are 3 mm or 4 1/2 beads to a cm.

Hope this helps

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you all so much, for some reason I could not envision the scale of the beads I just knew seed beads would be to small