Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to see AG make these outfits and sports accessories.

Would also love modern roller skates, not like Molly's strap on kind, more like ice skates, and no, not roller blades either. Diana skates with roller skates at a local roller rink and loves it. I also have a hard time finding scrapbook stickers that are not roller blades.

I think they should also bring back the karate outfit, although that one you can usually find by other manufacturers.

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the Magic Attic volleyball set. No special outfits, but the vollyball is a neat material, and it comes with a net.

Here's a picture, but you can't see the net very well:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...29383658&idx=7

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Creative Memories has a 1950s sticker set that has roller skates on it. I like your idea about the golf and volleyball sets - especially golf. With the way Michelle Wie keeps playing, there will be a lot more girls starting golf.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the tip about CM...I know I've seen those stickers before and I just met with my cm consultant last week, darn!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, I wish they would make outfits for *all* sports. It's such a good way to show girls that sports aren't JUST a boy thing, and that girls can like sports AND dolls.

I was quite annoyed that they didn't have a tennis one for such a long time between the first one and this new one, especially when they came out with all those new summer olympics outfits and tennis wasn't one of them, I can just imagine how girls who play golf or volleyball feel, especially as they've never had one!

I would also love to see the karate outfit come back, and I can't imagine it really cost all that much to make, it just included the outfit, the higher colored belts, and the sparring pad. They really need to bring this one back.

They do have the old roller blade set. I have it, it's very cute except the colors are ugly. I don't recall seeing too many black and purple and yellow roller blades back in the day when I was 9. But it's cute all the same, it came with a helmet and knee and shoulder pads, and a really cute outfit that I always thought would look better if it were a biking outfit, it has those tight spandex-like shorts.

A roller-skating set would be really cute, and even if a lot of little girls are on roller blades these days, I'm pretty sure most still learn to skate with roller-blades first. They could even make a set with both, and you could "teach your doll how to play with roller skates, and when she's ready, move her on to the roller blades!" and there could be a seperate outfit.

*Marisol_Grace_Girl*

You are totally right! My AGT plays volleyball w/o a volleyball outfit!

Katya

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Smile

Oh!! I bought the AGT rollerblading outfit when I was 8 or 9 because the skates were IDENTICAL to mine. I thought, wow, they sure make this stuff realistic! LOL. I would looooooooove to see athletic swim stuff as well. Not just the cute beach swimsuits, but like a nice speedo with goggles and a towel, and maybe even a little nose plug.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by mayergirl:
    Oh!! I bought the AGT rollerblading outfit when I was 8 or 9 because the skates were IDENTICAL to mine. I thought, wow, they sure make this stuff realistic! LOL. I would looooooooove to see athletic swim stuff as well. Not just the cute beach swimsuits, but like a nice speedo with goggles and a towel, and maybe even a little nose plug.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me, too! I was somewhat shocked they didn't have a swimmer when they debuted the Olympic sets - especially since there was so much media coverage of that swim team. I also think it would be great if Mattel could get a licensing agreement with USOC to replicate the athletes' warm-up suits for either a summer or winter games. (hint, hint - aren't the winter games coming up soon?)