Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you pay more for made in USA or Germany?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Too Funny!!!

"Everyone says they would prefer to "buy American", but when Wal-Mart tried that several years ago, it didn't work."

Right isn't that when Wal-Mart said they had MADE IN USA products but when the tags on the product told a different story of where they were made. It came down to about the only thing in the Wal-Mart stores made in USA was the employees. Yeap they stopped that made in USA fast when they were caught. Plus wasn't it just not to long ago they were hit with hiring ilegals workers...and hit with selling and purchasing know pirating products. So that Sony or whichever name brand you thought you bought at Wal-Mart a year ago 90% of them aren't a real Sony or name brand product.

Well enough of that, yes I would pay more for well made products made in the USA. Bring the jobs back home.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by caroloto:
    Too Funny!!!

"Everyone says they would prefer to "buy American", but when Wal-Mart tried that several years ago, it didn't work."

Right isn't that when Wal-Mart said they had MADE IN USA products but when the tags on the product told a different story of where they were made. It came down to about the only thing in the Wal-Mart stores made in USA was the employees. Yeap they stopped that made in USA fast when they were caught. Plus wasn't it just not to long ago they were hit with hiring ilegals workers...and hit with selling and purchasing know pirating products. So that Sony or whichever name brand you thought you bought at Wal-Mart a year ago 90% of them aren't a real Sony or name brand product.

Well enough of that, yes I would pay more for well made products made in the USA. Bring the jobs back home.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, the Made in the USA slogan stopped when Sam Walton died and new CEOs were hired. But I guess it doesn't bother folks too much - it is the world's largest company.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would pay more for an AG doll that has the quality of a pre-Mattel doll, regardless of where she was made.

chrstnwmn7

Now wouldn't health care provided by the state be wonderful. My poor father who is very sick was kicked out of TennCare. He really needs it too. I don't know what he is going to do with no insurance and not being able to work. That is sad...really sad. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by chrstnwmn7:
    Now wouldn't health care provided by the state be wonderful. My poor father who is very sick was kicked out of TennCare. He really needs it too. I don't know what he is going to do with no insurance and not being able to work. That is sad...really sad. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DH is British. The last thing I want is socialized health care. Your father's story is nothing new to me. I've heard fifteen more just like it - and all of them are equally revolting.

When I said "the state", I was referencing the Communist Chinese regime; like the former USSR, it would be referred to as "the state".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I would pay more money for an American Girl Doll if it was made in Germany. They have thicker hair, and softer eyelashes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12