Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoke with PS On Nellie's Irish Dancing Outfit Of Today Being Sold Out at AGPNY

AmericanGirlLover2982

Red face

As you all know Nellies Irish Dance of Today is compeltly sold out at AGPNY as of last week. I spoke with PS today at AGPNY and she said it will not be avaible again there until the August. My best bet is ordering by phone, catalog, or on line. Just figurged I would let you all know. I think its kind of sad that its not avibale AG needs restock better when somethng runs out and reorder to meet the supply and demands of its customers. [img]mad.gif[/img]

Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ July 14, 2005 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Samantha_Nellie_ Felicitys_Mommy ]</font></font>

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 14, 2005 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Samantha_Nellie_ Felicitys_Mommy ]</font>

Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's too bad, it's so cute! I'm surprised that they wouldn't better stock new items. I wonder how many they had? Maybe you could ask on your next visit. It would be interesting to know how many were sold in a matter of what, a week?!

I wonder if they will end up on backorder through the catalog? They should atleast offer free shipping if you pick up in the store, many online stores do that. I hope you get one soon!

AmericanGirlLover2982

Yeah me too Barbera. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Simple marketing principles tell us that nobody has any way of predicting which items are going to be popular, and it's hard to keep them on the shelves when this factor is unknown. Give AG a break, it's not like they don't want to sell everything they can. I'm sure they'll get them back on the shelves as soon as possible. They actually do give really good customer service, and AG does not get enough credit for all the hard work they do, and little girls dreams they make come true.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe it. Shoot me, but I think Nellie's Irish dance outfit is really cheesy. I don't like the colors at all.

Hey, I am weird with my taste - my best friend saw it and couldn't believe I didn't order it! She thought it was the cutest dolly outfit ever. My baby sister loves it, too.

Addy's outfit, on the other hand, is quite nifty. If I was doing a "me" doll, I'd buy it because I went to Ghana in high school and they wore clothes like that there.

I also agree about giving AG a break. They exist for millions of reasons, all green [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] . They are trying to make money and buying too much of something that doesn't sell won't do that for you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AGfanofCS:
    Simple marketing principles tell us that nobody has any way of predicting which items are going to be popular, and it's hard to keep them on the shelves when this factor is unknown. Give AG a break, it's not like they don't want to sell everything they can. I'm sure they'll get them back on the shelves as soon as possible. They actually do give really good customer service, and AG does not get enough credit for all the hard work they do, and little girls dreams they make come true.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they had no idea how big the Samantha movie and Nellie doll would be and that led to part of the massive backorders last year. They don't want to risk that the idea would tank and they'd get stuck with a ton of unsold merchandise. BUT after witnessing every single item for Nellie consistently selling out almost immediately upon release it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you could put out a burlap sack for Nellie or Samantha and it would sell faster than water in hell. There's no reason that by now they shouldn't have a basic clue as to what will be popular items. Your good customer service remarks are debatable;I've had some less than pleasant experiences with them. As for making girls dreams come true? Tell that to the girls who wanted, oh say Kit's bed last holiday season, when it was on backorder til MAY.

*Marisol_Grace_Girl*

That's dissappointing. I was hoping I could get it sooner )=

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is only a few weeks til August anyway. It is not much of a wait, at least it is not sold out til November.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the customer service at American Girl is great. I've never had a problem with a single person and I've dealt with a ton of them over the years. Any company can run out of items during the Christmas season. Look at the Talking Elmo doll one Christmas. Just because the New York store is out of them doesn't mean the whole company is so I will give them the benefit of a doubt. I think American girl and the customer service representative go above and beyond and I think American Girl as a whole does a great job of bringing dreams to little girls....even last year at Christmastime. I think we tend to forget that American Girl is just a doll company like the others and customer service representatives are regular people like you and me and mistakes can be made every once in a while.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AGfanofCS:
    Simple marketing principles tell us that nobody has any way of predicting which items are going to be popular
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, that's not true. Marketing is a pretty solid science these days. Companies do a lot of testing, baseline surveys, market research, etc. into both a broad audience and a specialized target audience. AG knows it's target audience very well (which may not always be a good thing since other tend to be overlooked). Companies don't just randomly release new items to the public, especially successful companies that have to answer to shareholders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast