Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Question....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mcraft17's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2006
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I won a Molly on ebay and she has silver eye. She is PM and said to be made in Germany. My question is what I should fix. Should I send her back and just fix her eye? Or should I let them put a new head on which means they may have to change her limbs too. My only reason for asking this is that someone said when they change her eyes it will be with the Mattel eyelashes so it seems to me it would ruin her soft eyelashes which is what is nice about PM. Just wondering...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, it's the whole head and facemold that's the nicest thing about PM dolls--I can't tell the difference between the eyelashes without feeling them.

    If it were me, I'd have the AG Hospital replace just the eye (or both eyes, since they should match). If you have the head replaced, they will probably replace the limbs too, to match the skintone--and THEN it's like you've exchanged a PM German-made doll for a Mattel doll; what a tragedy! [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Giving up the softer eyelashes in favor of non-silver eyes is a minor concession, as opposed to a Mattel head (and perhaps Mattel limbs, too).

    (Be sure to rubberband a note to the doll's torso that that you want the eyes ONLY replaced, in case of mixups.)

    Just my humble opinion... [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mcraft17's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2006
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you,you are right after thinking about it more I think I will just change the eyes. I think she is really beautiful as she is now and would hate to have her completly changed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •