Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info! I will check out Curt's site. It would be great if they would offer at least one outfit per doll... my daughter would use it for Halloween, if nothing else.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is an eBay seller who makes beautiful matching girl and doll historical outfits. PM me if you want a link to her current auctions. I don't know if she will do "made-to-order" items or not, but it would be worth asking about if you are really interested. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am 20 and I have several of Kirsten's outfits from when I was a child. They obviously no longer fit, but I plan to keep on saving them, and if I ever have a daughter who likes AG, to pass them on to her. I have Kirsten's school dress, meet dress, summer dress and hat, and winter skirt, sweater, hat, and mittens. I think I was around 9 when I got them. I wore each a few times and they still look brand new. My avatar is me as a child in Kirsten's summer dress, with my doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rebecca, that picture is so cute!!

Janie3082

The only mathcing outfits available from AG for the historicals are the dolls' pajamas. A lot of the current AGOT ones are still available, I believe. It looks like AG still does the girl-sized clothes whenever a new meet outfit comes out for the today girls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They also did a matching girl's outfit for Marisol. My Diana REALLY loves all the matching outfits, and least for now because she's only 5.

I've purchased from ebay Josefina Summer Riding dress, hat and vest and Josefina's Christmas dress. They are just stunning and the quality is unbelievable. I also have Samantha's grey school dress. I need to get Diana to the photographer pronto to get that pic done. The dress is only a 6x and the sleeves have very tight narrow cuffs to them. I thought it would make a really cute back to school pic. I need to curl Diana's hair and do matching ribbons for the right affect.

I was able to pick up quite a few of the matching outfits to the AGT line at the Madison sale. I got in various sizes, the Grecian costume, Winter Magic top, skirt and collar, Memorable Moments, khaki pants to Coconut outfit, Licorice pink dress, Bitty Baby blue Silverbells dress, and the best bargain was the girls' Radiant Rhinestone for only $8! I also got the matching pajamas to Samantha, Nellie, Kit, Molly and Kirsten.

I think they would have hit the goldmine if they released a girl sized version of the new Elizabeth dress! Sometimes I think they just don't think!

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Something tells me this is a topic that has been much discussed on this board. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I remember that there used to be historical dresses for girls that matched the doll's. (I think they were mostly Meet dresses, but there may have been others.) In fact, the first time we were at AGPC (1999), I saw lost of girls dressed like their historical dolls.

ANYway... I am just wondering... when and why did they stop making these outfits? I think it must have been pretty recent, because I seem to recall that there was a girl's version of Kit's Meet outfit, and Kit has not been around all that long.

Anyone have any information or thoughts on this?

Jamie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They used to make almost all of the historical doll outfits in girls sizes. You can still find them occasionally on ebay, but they are usually pretty expensive. I know they made the meet outfits, Christmas dresses, school outfits, Birthday outfits, summer outfits, and winter outfits for Samantha, Kirsten and Molly. They also had matching historical shoes, and fur boots for Kirsten that I remember cost over 100.00. They offered matching necklaces too. I think the reason they discontiued the line is that they were quite expensive, and so, probably not a huge seller. The last catalog I found them in is Holiday 1997, but the meet outfits might have been around longer than that.

They did offer the meet outfit and Christmas dress to match Kit, and the newest catalog I could find it in was from Christmas 2002.

They used to offer the AGOT meet outfits in girl sizes too, but I think those ended after the first 2 meet outfits.

It's too bad, the dresses were really cute, and wonderful quality, and what little girl wouldn't love to dress like her doll? Your best bet is probably keeping an eye on ebay. You might be able to find a good deal. I saw recently where a new pair of the prarie boots or button boots sold for around 35.00, which is pretty good, considering they were 68.00 thru the catalog.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Curt's guide shows all of the dress-like-your-doll outfits and the original prices:
    http://curtdanhauser.com/AG_Collecting/Dresses.html

I see them ocassionally on Ebay but they are pretty expensive. I wanted these outfits so bad when I was a kid! I wish they would bring them back! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]