Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought I should introduce myself. I found this site a few days ago, and it has been great seeing so many other ladies with so much love for their dolls!

My name is Maryellen. I am 35, live in Texas, am happily married, and a SAHM to 4 boys. So unfortunately there has never been any reason to purchase a doll around here, accept that I love them! I use to collect dolls when I was younger, long before the AG craze. I discovered AG when one of the catalogs was sent to my home probably 13 years ago. I had given up my doll collection many years before, so I never purchased one, thinking it was kind of silly for a grown woman to have a doll.

Well, my sister moved from Texas to Chicago about six years ago, and after visiting her and the American Girl Place twice, my desire to have a doll for myself was even stronger! But, I still never took the plunge. I just couldn't seem to justify the expense.

I did finally buy Nellie for my 7 year old niece last Christmas, and let me tell you, she cried tears of joy the day she opened it. Her Aunt Minnie was the only adult who understood her obsession. Well I spent the last weekend with her, and we had tea parties with Nellie, and we looked through the new catalog together many, many times. When the weekend was over she gave me one of her other dolls and said " You can borrow Mindy, until you get an American Girl of your own."

Well I tell you I couldn't stand it any longer! I came home and the very next day I ordered Marisol. I just had to have her because I was a big dancer as a youngster, and I just love her long brown hair. She should be arriving on my doorstep Monday, and I am like a kid on Christmas morning I'm so excited!!

And after reading through this board I know I won't be able to stop at just one...it's all I can do to keep from hopping on the website and ordering another (I really want Kit next!).

Thanks if you've read this far. I hope to get to know each of you and your girls better over time!

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 29, 2005 02:38 PM: Message edited by: greenehorn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Welcome!! Congrats on Marisol [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] She's really a two-fer, because she looks great in AGOT clothes AND Josefina's!!! It won't be long before you're a total junkie [img]smile.gif[/img] We'll help!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! I know you'll love Marisol!

[img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome! Congratulations on Marisol. I ordered her months ago, but she's my christmas present so my husband won't let me see her yet.

You should browse some of the albums in peoples signatures. Then you can see what grown ups can do with their dolls. Becca B (or Beccachris, I get confused) just did a neat one where her doll put together a cabinent, and most people (myself included- it's the first link) allow their dolls to open up packages.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! What a great story of you and your niece! And congrats on Marisol! I know you are going to love her! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome Maryellen,
    I LOVE AG dolls and I am 42!! [img]smile.gif[/img] It is a great hobby!
    You will love this board and all the great albums and links.
    Marisol is very beautiful!! You'll have a lot of fun with her.
    Do you have a digital camera so you can share with us your fun?!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

monimarine

Welcome aboard MaryEllen and Congrats on Marisol! She is beautiful and you won't be disappointed!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too, and in the last 3 weeks I've won a Kit on ebay and am now comtemplating what doll to buy now with some money from selling some stuff on ebay. . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! Marisol is beautiful! [img]smile.gif[/img] You will really enjoy her

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast