Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: double silver eyed asian, what do I do

GreyMyst

She would make a good "blind" doll if not a futuristic one!

I actually like the look of silver eye when it's even but I just can't find one with it exactly the same on both eyes, hehe

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pm or not Pm, that is the question...

I look for the artist mark 1st. If it's not there, I assume the doll is not PM. From what I understand the original wax molds are destroyed while making the steel forms, and the steel wears away over time, so the mold becomes ineffective, and a new one has to be created. That's why some dolls, even with the same face mold look a bit different. It all depends on how 'fresh' the mold was when the doll was formed.
    2nd, I've kinda figured out that the original molds had the lettering Pleasant Company in more of a casual style, rather than typewriting.
    3rd, if the copywright sign is not in alignment with the lettering, it's an early mold. (PM)

Now, it gets tricky when the lettering is not casual, and the copywright is in alignment, I'll look for the artist mark behind the right ear.

When all else fails, and your'e not sure, look at the eyelashes. PC used modacrylic brown, soft eyelashes, Mattel uses a firmer black plastic eyelash.

If you're still not sure, press on the bottom of the foot, while holding the ankle. If you can squeeze the ankle at the same time, and it gives a little it is the softer vinyl, PM.

Let me know.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can request the AG hospital to replace only the eyes, but I understand that this always carries the risk of the head being ripped during the "operation", in which case, they would have to replace the head. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone here on the board, but then, I only joined last June. Anyone else know more?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12