Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Molly-Felicity:
    I'm not surprised to see Baby Born so high on the British list. My kids went to a British school when we lived in Saudi Arabia and all of the little girls in my daughter's class either had or wanted Baby Born.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ha - send me an address. I wish I could send them my daughter's. That doll creeps me out. But she likes ALL dolls, even the creepy ones.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by balletmom:
    That doll creeps me out. But she likes ALL dolls, even the creepy ones.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree! I always thought Baby Born was one of the ugliest baby dolls I had ever seen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughter had a baby from Toys R Us- I wish I could remember the brand, but it's one of the chubby ones that come with different facial expressions. My brothers used to call it UBD = ugly baby doll!! LOL

It's worse than a Baby Born!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Exclamation

Warning on the Trivial Pursuit 90s game! I grew up in the 90s, and neither my parents nor I knew the answers to more than about 20% of the questions! We do have the older, aluminum box version of the game, so maybe they changed the questions, but go to one of those stores that has an open copy and flip through the questions before you buy this. After spending $25 on this game we've only played it once because they questions are insane.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just out of curiosity, can anyone who has the Trivial Pursuit 90's edition post one of the questions here? I just want to see if I think it would be worth the money to get. Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don?t like Baby Born either (no offense to anyone who does) - but they?re about the only dolls that you can get here in Germany.

It?s pretty depressing. Children basically have the choice between baby dolls and Barbie dolls. Nothing that represents any age between, at least nothing that?s widely available. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Warning on the Trivial Pursuit 90s game! I grew up in the 90s, and neither my parents nor I knew the answers to more than about 20% of the questions! We do have the older, aluminum box version of the game, so maybe they changed the questions, but go to one of those stores that has an open copy and flip through the questions before you buy this. After spending $25 on this game we've only played it once because they questions are insane.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was going to say the same things. We didn't actually play it (we paid the same price, and ours has just sat there!), we just looked at the questions, and decided it wouldn't be worth playing.

We're big Trivial Pursuit fans, but we pretty much just stick with the standard versions now, basically we only buy new Genus versions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't find Baby Born ugly - there are much uglier dolls around - but as Jemima_Potts says, here you basically just get baby dolls or Barbies. It's a miracle if you do find an older girl doll. Only very few toyshops carry Corolle, Sigikid, K?the Kruse or G?tz as an alternative or in addition to the Zapf Puppen. In Vienna I've only found one toyshop that occassionally has Engel Puppen.

Zapf Puppen (the producers of Baby Born) used to have the Colette Collection which included big girl dolls, but they've discontinued it. Even while they still produced them, it was nearly impossible to find them in shops.

One of the positive aspects of Baby Born is, that you can bath it - which you shouldn't with an AG. That was also the reason Kamilla got one when she was little, as she wanted a doll she could bath. Baby Born was still the prettier alternative to the clones that are around. I always thought some of it's outfits are absolutely stupid. Which new born is doing ballet or goes snowboarding? Even Kamilla thought these outfits not suitable for a baby doll.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12