Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Question, how many of you on the board are adults?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Taffy,
    Our anniversary is September 8. We were married in 1962. I had graduated from high school in 1961 and DH in 1960. They always play a slow dance for those celebrating an anniversary at our dances. The DJ of our group knows that we like to waltz instead of a slow dance.She played our favorite waltz for us to dance to last night. This is so neat to have a friend that is my age almost shares an anniversary date.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am new to the Board. This is my first post. I am also 53. And I am here to admit that I have the "DOLL" collecting gene. I am enjoying this Board so much and the albums are such fun to look at.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ksami:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by The Brightly Colored Moth:
    I'm 21 and I keep joking how it's all downhill from here because there are no more age barriers to cross....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You've still got one more to go, oddly enough. Most car rental companies won't let you rent or even drive a rented car till you're 25. How about that.... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And don't forget age 26! That's the last year you can qualify to be MISS America! I had a friend who cried when she turned 27 because her hopes of becoming Miss America were dashed forever. Too funny.

Julia
    btw, I'm 46.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 01, 2005 01:23 PM: Message edited by: JuliaAM ]</font>

monimarine

I'm 31.

Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I turned 60 in May. I have collected varies dolls for years. I started collecting AG's a little over a year ago. I have 6 granddaughters that have had AG's for a while. My GD who is here from LA right now, brought her AG's with her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm 47!! (2 daughters: 7 & 11)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess I'm technically an adult, but to quote Buffet like Asian AG I figure I'm simply "we are the people our parents warned us about" [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm 53, started collecting dolls in my early 20's.

I never played with dolls growing up really can think of only having one doll as a child and I let my sisters played with it.

What started me in my 20's was a neighbor bought over a gift which was a Sasha doll. That was it for me, I had never seen such a nice doll before. Later that year I went to my first doll shop in Wheeling,IL and the buying began! LOL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I confess, I'm 43. But I keep wondering how I got here so quickly.
    Sometimes I forget, I'll see someone in authority, like a doctor, and then it hits me-I'm older than he is!
    All I know is, when I first saw an American Girl catalog, it was like a dream come true. I've been interested in dolls all my life, but my family could never afford to buy nice ones for me. Just being with my dolls lowers my blood pressure, it has a calming effect on me.
    I love being an AG collector!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just turned 26. I have enjoyed AGs since I was in 4th grade, which was back in 1989.

I wish that I didn't consider myself an adult. I am not married and don't have children, but I have a mortgage and a busy/demanding career. I often look to my AG dolls as a retreat from adult life.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678