Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello-
    I'm trying to put some curl into Josefina's hair, so I bought some sponge curlers, sprayed her hair wet with a spray bottle, wraped the hair around and waited for it to dry....and....nothing. Stright as it started. Has anyone else successfully curled a dolls hair? What am I doing wrong? Any tips, it sounded so simple, but didn't turn out to be that way...hmmm...Thanks

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

try hot rollers. Works for Samantha. Just make sure they are not too hot and check them to see how long to leave in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Try putting your rollers in and then pouring very hot water over them. Make sure not to get it in her eyes. Press and Seal wrap is good for that.

I always thought dry heat led to frizzies...

~Abby

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have used the hot water perm, and it works very well. You will likely have to steam it to straighten it again though. Use end papers when you wrap the rollers. Here are the results of a hot water perm on #25.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...0892980&idx=16

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll try pouring the hot water (do I want bath water warm...should the sponge rollers work?). I don't think I want her hair to be permanant though, but thanks for the perm suggestion, that is some really curly hair [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anything using heat is going to be permanent because you're melting the fibers into that position. I did the hot water bath method with an AGT. It worked really well, but then I brushed the hair and had a bigtime FRIZZ problem! I guess I wasn't ready for a high maintenance hairstyle like that. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Any curly hair is subject to frizz, including human hair, when brushed. So make sure to use a comb or pick and water for curly wigs or curled hair, instead of a brush.

I've tried curling Kanekalon without using heat, and it doesn't work. Even putting a doll away in curlers for months didn't work!

From what others have told me here, and my own experience, if you want a doll with curly hair and use heat, it will be permanent. I would now buy a wig to change a doll's hair from straight to curly.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

jrtmom, your Marlot's hair looks like my former AGT's after her "perm:"
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/FAST/makeovers.html (second to last photo). I couldn't get it out. You have better luck than I do. I like Marlot's first perm a lot . . . it looks like you found a better method to use since it's not permanent (?).

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 19, 2005 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

ponydreamer

jrtmom...your hot water perm album is making me seriously want that doll!

Oh...and we have a Jack Russel. Her name is Daisy Mabel. We love her to pieces. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We just gave Josefina a hot water perm too .... here's our pics. [img]wink.gif[/img]

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2117354151

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by slovejoy:
    I'll try pouring the hot water (do I want bath water warm...should the sponge rollers work?). I don't think I want her hair to be permanant though, but thanks for the perm suggestion, that is some really curly hair [img]smile.gif[/img] .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was done with hot water (from the tap). As Melissa says, if you use warm/hot water, it will be curly, and it will last until you take it out.
    If you use cold water, it will last 3-4 days and then slowly start to fall out. You can get a case of the frizzies with cold water perms too, and a good mist and brush should solve that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Melissa:
    I couldn't get it out. You have better luck than I do. I like Marlot's first perm a lot . . . it looks like you found a better method to use since it's not permanent (?).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wet her hair down, gently combed it out and flat ironed it while wet. It's perfect, just like it was the day she arrived. She may go curly again for Christmas, but with larger rollers for more of a wave (like Samantha's).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast