Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Hquads4:
    I like learning all of the tips on how to repair and clean the dolls. I'm set to do a Downy Dunk on my DD's (AGOT/JLY) this weekend. Where else would I learn about this?!?!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you check out Maria's site yet? It's awesome and very information. http://www.justmagicdolls.com/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I already posted this a few weeks ago.

<font color="pink">I love the AG info on this board. </font> If we hear anything or see anything AG there is a post here for others to learn from or about. A few weeks ago someone posted that there was new items added to the for sale page on the AG site. How great was that? Thank you! Thank you! I would of missed the BB Halloween outfits being on sale if not for that post.

<font color="pink">I love the reviews. </font> Reviews of items are really a great tool.

<font color="pink">I love the codes. </font> I have saved so much money from the codes that are posted here. If I hear about a code I always post it so others can save and truly appreciate it when others do the same.

<font color="pink">I love the pictures in the sigs.</font> I am one of the few that like them big so I can see all the details in the pictures. This is the most creative group of people. It is amazing what some of our dolls do. Don't we remember the pool party dolls that were climbing onto a pool table. Or the many dolls at the beach or in the water. How many of us cringe with we see a beloved doll floating in Jess's kayak but boy am I impressed and love to see it. Some of the pictures of the girls trimming Christmas trees are so sweet they can bring tears to the eyes. Then there is Coconut looking fondly out to see. Our girls travel, they do sports, they hike, they go to parties. I LOVE THE PICTURES IN THE SIGNATURES!!!!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for starting this thread, Victoriangirl!

I love the fact that Hostboard exists and that I had the good fortune to stumble upon it earlier this year.

I love that everyone here is linked together by their common mutual admiration of everything AG and some other dolls too.

I love that between us all we are able to answer each other's questions about AG products and offer honest opinions about what is truly terrific and what has had problems--just because we enjoy being helpful and nice.

I love that people who are able to do so can create albums, invent all kinds of wonderful stories and share beautiful photographs of what I now feel are the best dolls in the world.

I love that I can come here and enjoy talking with you all each day. As much as I adore being a SAHM, HB fills the void of having work friends for me to chat with throughout the day--so thank you! I feel very blessed to call each of you a friend here at HB!

I love that we can laugh and have humourous threads because laughter is such a wonderful thing!

Finally, I really love hearing about everyone's AG triumphs and about how much fun we are all having as doll enthusiasts. Keep the good vibes coming please!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes I did. That's where I found all the directions. But I had never heard of a Downy Dunk before this board. Like I said I love the information & Tips.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I for one am extremely grateful for this board for a number of reasons. One being that it is a forum for people of all ages, races, creeds, gender etc., etc., to come together and talk about a common thread -- our love of AG! Before I found this board, I thought I was in a small minority of "older" AG lovers (ie-not 8-12 years old) and that well, maybe I was a little weird for still wanting to collect doll stuff. It was a pleasant surprise to find such a welcoming and friendly group of people that actually still loved AG whether they were 10 or 50!

It's really nice to have a forum to talk about American Girl since a lot of my friends had AG dolls or read the books, but no longer collect. Most of them still have their dolls, but they are put up on a shelf or hidden away for their children. It's funny, though -- ever since I actually started talking about my hobby of collecting to a couple of my friends, I inspired them to pull out their AGs and reminisce. One of my friends is even using her AGs in her classroom this year as a teaching tool! I think it's pretty cool how this board helped me open up to my friends and family about my collecting. Now I even have my mom helping me scour thrift shops and Ebay for fixer-uppers, where as before she kind of thought my doll collecting was "silly". I think she gets it now. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Plus, I feel this is a very safe and open place to discuss American Girl ideas, new items, books, etc. I've probably learned more about American Girl in the past 10 months than in the 14 years since I bought my first doll. Plus, I love having an inside scoop on new products, possible retirements and what items are a good buy (or not). I love being able to ask someone's opinion on whether an item is a good deal, worth buying or *gasp* is authentic, especially since there are so many knowledgeable people on this board.

So basically I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this board and it's members. Thank goodness for American Girl! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

*AG Star*

I love learning about American Girl. I also love seeing everyone's pictures and hearing reviews about items I'm thinking about buying. I love "knowing" people who are as obsessed with AG as I am! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love this board for making me feel that it's okay to add new dolls to my collection, to make them clothes, and to take pictures of them. Everyone else in my life tolerates it but thinks I'm a little crazy; here, I am as sane as the next person [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like that I feel like I'm sitting down with friends over a cuppa to share our love of AG!

I like that no matter how good or bad a day I've had, I always feel better after looking at the albums!

I like that, on this board you are never too young or too old to collect AG!

I like that our mods work really hard to keep our board a fun and safe place!

I like that members feel that can share the happy and sad times in their live!

I like it when we all pull together for a special project!

The list could go on and on.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like how much I learn from the board. I learn about products yes, but I learn more about people-Parents, grandparents, babies, toddlers, teens, young adults,... I learn about places-other cities, states and even countries. Along with that comes different customs and traditions. I learn about history. I think Pleasant Roland would be happy to know that AG teaches us about life [img]biggrin.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love HB because I love AG dolls and their stories.
    Here we can share our love of these sweet and gentle companions.
    I love learning how to better care for my sweet dolls and where to go for questions when I have them.
    I love having nonjudgmental friends who love these dolls like I do.
    I love that my darling Molly can share her adventures.
    I had very few toys and dolls as a child and now that I can indulge in them,I love that others share my fun.
    you all are the greatest! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast