Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a WONDERFUL topic, Victoriangirl; thank you so much!!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

I love all the kind people here, and seeing the delightful pictures of people's dolls! I love how much I've learned. And if it weren't for Hostboard, Kirsten would have been sold on eBay, my mom wouldn't have her doll, of course Nellie wouldn't have come to stay with me, and my friend's Samantha would still be sitting lonely at her parents' house. Oh, yes, and Nellie wouldn't have a yukata.

What a great group of people we have here! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    And if it weren't for Hostboard, Kirsten would have been sold on eBay...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aww! I hate to think of your unique and feisty little Kirsten being sold. I'm glad you kept her. [img]smile.gif[/img]

horselvr2

I love how everyone gives pics on what doll or outfit or something that we like, and want to see to know if we should buy it or not...
    I like how many people know about new ag products! (that have not been out yet)
    i LOVE everyone's pics of there dolls
    and i love how we can talk about ag 24/7 =D

I would like to do:

make better albums...
    and sew for my dolls

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 08, 2006 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Felicity-fan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"I like that I feel like I'm sitting down with friends over a cuppa to share our love of AG"

Yes.

When I first started buying AGs, I got this exact same feeling when I placed an order with a sales rep on the phone. I used to send my photos to the Customer Service rep -- I had the same one for years -- and she handwrote me back wonderful notes of encouragement and posted my pictures on bulletin boards for people at Pleasant Co. to admire. She gave me so much. And then she left because her hands gave out. And the internet arrived. And the people on the phone don't always want to chat any more. For many years, I felt so alone. I did what I wanted but had no one to share the AG experience with.

I love that this board gives me back the same kind of appreciation when I do a good job with an album; that it is a place to share whatever my current AG obsession might be, that it provides a sense of family. Because like others here have expressed, I have no one in my "real" world to play dolls with. I have actually found people who have adopted me into their family here. I have an adopted older sister and an adopted granddaughter, neither of whom I've met except on this Board. For an only child with no prospects of either marriage or children of my own, this is a gift indeed.

Thank you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love seeing how creative everyone on this board is. Whether it is in photography, sewing, clay crafts, woodworking or designing storage solutions, this board it great. You are all an inspiration.

I also love that I have "met" many people from across the country and beyond of different backgrounds. It has given me a perspective that I wouldn't have had just living in my community where there is little diversity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you, victoriangirl, for starting this thread and giving us all a chance to remind each other of all the reasons we like to come here. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

My favorite thing is the feeling of family I get when I come here. I can be a grandma, a mother, a sister, or an aunt to the other members here, and they often fill those same roles in my life.

I have virtually met so many people who are so different from me and realize that we have more in common that either of us would ever have thought. I have met in person women and girls from several different states and even other countries, whom I now count as real life friends.

I have developed a new hobby, that my husband and I now share, that has helped to fill my life after my children were grown and gone from the nest.

Finding and joining this board over three years ago has literally changed my life.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 09, 2006 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the dollie comradery and sharing all our dollies experiences! I especially love being with HB around the holidays! It is magical!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123