Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, that doesn't sound promising for the tea gown replacements that I have coming to me.

I have the sightseeing outfit - put it on Emma (re-wigged PM Molly) and it's very cute. The skirt is very, very tight though and very short. The boots were hard to get on, but I usually have problems with the boots the first time they wear them. I think the boots will be fine. I am going to keep this set because I love the poncho, hat and shirt.

Here are some pics of Emma wearing it:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2120708614

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bummer.

I guess, I am just going to get Felicity's Riding Habit then.

I wonder what will come of all these reported product dissappointments. I wonder if Mattel will change anything? It's obvious they went the cheap route, and are getting exactly what they paid for.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's so disappointing to hear!! [img]frown.gif[/img] Both of the new Tea Lesson outfits are so pretty, especially Elizabeth's. It is my favorite color and a dress I would love to wear given the chance. [img]wink.gif[/img]

I hope the next run is better than the current one. If a grown-up has trouble getting them on a doll, imagine a little girl and how frustrated she would be!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by smoredrama:

I wonder what will come of all these reported product dissappointments. I wonder if Mattel will change anything? It's obvious they went the cheap route, and are getting exactly what they paid for.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm hoping they'll rethink the new clothes press but realistically, there's probably no chance of that. I think they really blew it there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

I think they screwed up royaly too. I mean, the fact that the older dolls can't even wear the new clothes is ridicoulus. AG is probably assuming that the older dolls are phased out or something and so they dont matter. Either way, it really p****s me off, espcially since I love Felicity's tea gown [img]mad.gif[/img]

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 14, 2005 02:12 PM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heather, is that AGT26 in your avatar, wearing the red dress? And are those dresses made from a McCall's pattern that includes a blue coat? I just bought that pattern because I liked the coat but it's really much cuter made up in dresses than I thought it would be.

So how come YOUR AGT26 (if that's who she is) has fairly normal looking teeth? And did you brush out her hair?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cherry, the doll in the red dress is Ruthie. She's a rescued eBay Kit with an auburn wig. If you click on the icon on my posts that looks like a roladex card, you can see a larger version of the photo.
    My patterns are all packed up right now, but I think that pattern did have a blue coat on it. A blue coat with a cute little hat? The yellow dress is the first dress I made for Kit when I got her. Ruthie's is actually much better in quality, given the experince of the yellow dress. I actually finished all the seams, and that was before I had my serger.
    My girls need coats, so maybe I'll dig out that pattern again. Post pictures of the coat you made, please; I'd love to see it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by *shortie*:
    I think they screwed up royaly too. I mean, the fact that the older dolls can't even wear the new clothes is ridicoulus. AG is probably assuming that the older dolls are phased out or something and so they dont matter.
    Message edited by: *shortie*
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't even think they considered the old dolls... or the new ones for that matter!
    Miaoshi is an AGT4 brand new off AG in July and half of this stuff has her holding her breath!
    The sightseing outfit is tight and the shoes of the paisley pj do not fit at all!

Sigh!

Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We recieved our order this week too. E's ball gown is just beautiful, but it snagged immediately and the sleeves wouldn't fit over one of her hands, so it is going back for a replacement. Polly also has a problem, she is missing about a dime size of paint on the back of her little head...DARLING set though! I am wondering if we will have the same problem with F's tea dress as all of you...very sad situation it seems!

The traveling set is just darling and we have it on Marisol and she looks great in it.

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry you were so disappointed! I have Felicity's tea dress and the sleeves were a bit tight getting over Elizabeth's arms, but not too tight to worry about.

A word of warning on Felicity's riding outfit: it is INCREDIBLY cheap compared to the old one. I have the old outfit, and when I felt the new one in the store I couldn't believe it. It was just like thin felt. Overall, I'm disappointed in the new things AG has released lately, so I know how you feel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast