Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A catalog with lots of new items is so fun to look at! I can't wait for the new catalog to arrive. Hopefully it will have ALL the new items, including the items that came out with Nellie's Irish Dance outfit, which I still consider "new".

Looking through a catalog, I tend to like items that just happen to be shown on my fav dolls. Anyone else do that? I'll think "wow, that outfit is great!" when really, if it was shown on a different doll, I might not like it as much.

I've never written in a catalog before. But I'm going to mark up the new one by putting stickers by the items I want. There's gonna be lots. [img]wink.gif[/img] I hope AG has a little fill-in-the-blank wishlist in the AG catalog like they've done before.

Funny how my AG catalogs never get buried under stacks of newspaper or mail. I've lost recipes, letters and even bills. But NEVER an AG catalog.

How do you all look at catalogs? Where do you keep them? Do you mark them up or cut them?

I still wish AG would print a mini catalog for the dolls that can be cut and stapled together.

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I was a little girl a friend and I used to go page by page through the catalog looking for anything new (new things were pretty rare, and sometimes you had to spot the changes, like Molly's dress or Samantha's doll's hair) and any price changes.

Then we would go through doll by doll and make a 10 item wish list per doll.

Then we would go through story by story (throughout the 3, 4, or 5 dolls of the time- ) and itemize the best Summer Items, the best winter items.

Once they got AGT we would just look through those too, and talk about the best stuff.

We never got a lot of things, but man were those catalogs fun. I used to cut out a picture of everything and put it on an index card so I could switch the order around before I wrote my list.

Now I flip through, star things I want and go look online. Because the catalog has so little of the product in it. I still like getting them, but they make me mad every time. When you are a catalog based company, you have to put stuff in the catalog!

I miss having the set ups of all the accessories for each story. Even if they just did a few dolls or a few stories per catalog. Now the catalog seems like it is a girl of today catalog.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JuliaAM:

Looking through a catalog, I tend to like items that just happen to be shown on my fav dolls. Anyone else do that? I'll think "wow, that outfit is great!" when really, if it was shown on a different doll, I might not like it as much.

Funny how my AG catalogs never get buried under stacks of newspaper or mail. I've lost recipes, letters and even bills. But NEVER an AG catalog.

I still wish AG would print a mini catalog for the dolls that can be cut and stapled together.

Julia
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">On the first item: I can not avoid but getting the impression that it is "my girl" modeling! I have even printed item pictures from the website for DD to have as "pictures" in Alice's (platinum blonde) photoalbum.

On the second: OMG!!! I NEVER lose a catalog... bills??? what are they??? Can I recycle them???

And last: I would LOVE to get a mini catalog!!! It would be so cool!!! Each time we get one of the AG magazine adds that come with the "do it yourself" mini mag, I end up putting it together for DD's dolls.

Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JuliaAM:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be so cute! Like when we were little we used to look through the Sears catalog. There was no mall in my hometown, just Sears and Penny's to buy clothes at.

Playmobil puts mini catalogs in some of their boxes. They are so cute and my girls love to look through them.

monimarine

I usually keep one catalog neat and unmarked. Any that we get after that are fair game. I will circle outfits that I like, do math on pages to figure out what I am going to order, and DD sometimes writes names for the AGT's on their page.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I get a new catalogue I like to see the new things and I also circle the things I want and check off the things I have.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just got an idea. What if AG made the catalog into a paperdoll catalog? The AGT section would have several whole dolls shown, or even just the head shots. Then all the AGT clothing items would be photographed on a doll but in such a way that you could cut the item out. And then you can place the garment over the whole doll of your choice or under the head shot of your choice. Because the dolls and clothing would all be photographed of same size, that would work.

For whole paperdolls, the dolls could be printed on card stock in the middle of the catalog. And each item would have little tabs on it. That way I can finally see what the tennis outfit and other outfits look like on the dolls I have. Maybe I would like some outfits afterall.

I'm going to look through my old catalogs and see if any items can be cut out as paperdoll clothing.

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always go through my catalog(s) and circle or star either all of the items that I want, only the ones that I am planning on getting within the next month or so, or only the items on my wishlist for a holiday or my birthday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First I'll just look through it for new stuff. Then maybe I'll read EVERYTHING. Then I'll fill stuff out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It would be neat if they actually designed it to make paperdolls, but I definetly used the pictures as paperdolls when I was little.
    I just cut them out and posted them onto cardboard.

That was my way to "have" the dolls when I couldn't get a new one.

(I also had a few of the paper doll sets. I LOVE paperdolls. Do girls still play with them?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast