Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wig Size for Bitty Baby

Ashley1972

One mistake I made when rewigging dd's bitty baby is ordering a partial cap wig. That wig covers only part of the scalp and the hair falls down and covers the rest of the head. The problem was that with bitty's head being colored blond or brown the wig hair would peek through and it just didn't look good to me. I got a wig from Kemper that was perfect in a size 12-13. If you want the doll to have as much hair as the bitty twins, you can get any short hair wig. Hope this helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kathy, PM Cherry and ask her. She put a wig on a Bitty recently. I'm pretty sure she used a size 12.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wigging a bitty baby is such a cute idea.
    I love the ones that they have on ebay that are reborn! So cute. The one went for over $200!

Tracy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The one I used seems to me to have been more like a 13. If you get a measurement of 12 1/2, for example, you should round up . . . not down. From my experience with Global, it is not quite as adjustable as Kemper. I really like the wig I used, it is just way too full to look like baby hair. But it is very similar to the girl twin, from appearances. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My doll is the Hispanic Bitty Baby, and I think she looks adorable with a wig. I really prefer it to the painted scalp look. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 16, 2005 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much. I will be able to get the twins and the wigs on sale. I have wanted Asian twins since the twins came out. I am so excited, our daughter left her doll crib here when she got married 20 years ago. She thought if she ever had a girl, she would take it. She has two teenage boys. I am going to make new bedding for it for my twins and then when one of the grandsons has a little girl, she will get it. I scare the 19 year old when I tell him about this!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wigged an Asian Bitty with a 12 inch wig that I bought to have on hand for AGs. Sasha looks much better with real hair! I picked one that has bangs and a shoulder length pageboy cut. You definitely need a full cap, not a partial. And I definitely needed bangs because my first try was to paint black hair all over BB's head and went down too low with the paint! Ugh.

You're the wig expert anyway. Choose a brand that has a fair amount of stretch because the BB head is chunkier than the AGs and you should be fine. Or maybe get a 12 inch for the girl and a slightly larger for the boy, since the hair will be shorter. I don't think a wig that says "11-12 inch" would be advisable -- look for one that is 12 inches, period.

LOL -- Lindy was going to rewig one of her AGs with this wig only Sasha got it first!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How can you tell when you order a wig if it's just a partial cap or full cap? I've never had the bad luck of ending up with a partial cap, but now I'm worried! My Twinn Babies have the kind of wig you have mentioned. It makes the hair more whispy like baby hair, but it's not too great otherwise. [img]wink.gif[/img] I can imagine it definitely wouldn't work for Bitty. Bitty also has such a tall head compared to some dolls, it doesn't seem like it would be long enough if it were a cap.

Is the type of wig I recommended (whispy/newborn) a cap? If so, Kathy, I'm sorry for mentioning them. The one I got was labeled "infant" and was a full cap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12