Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Elizabeth's new gown.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Same here the Elizabeth Tea Dress sleves are too tight. Now having to send back both tea dresses because of the sleeves. Just think of the money Ag is losing on this one dress let alone the Felicity Tea dress. There must be a whole batch (hundreds and hundreds) of dresses the wrong size for the dolls arms. I tried the dress on a old doll no way would she get it over her arm. It was hard just getting her fingers throught.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

when the new dress comes, I guess you could pick through the shoes to get a left one and a right one. That could help that problem.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was thinking that too. If for in fact they were trying to skimp on fabric for the dolls and such in order to save money, they are now indeed losing money on these dresses. Either for some people that won't buy them because the sleeves are too tight (I for one will wait until after the holidays in hope that they will fix the problem with the sleeves.) or think of all the money shipping and such and how most of them are ripped now.

*sighs*

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to wonder, given all the problems we've been having... how much is this costing them?! They send out a new dress for free, a return label for the faulty ones and then some of the second, third, fourth, etc. shipments have to go back too! It has to be cutting into their profit margins big time.

I hate to think, as someone mentioned, that some moms have ordered these items and hidden them away for Christmas without trying them on their dolls. What a hideous thing to happen to little Felicity lovers on Christmas morning: her new clothes don't fit, and then the ones that didn't fall apart in her hands have to be cut off! Ten years from now, there'll be posts on the board from 20 year olds who are in therapy for Felicity Re-release Traumatic Disorder (or f*rted for short).

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 18, 2005 01:30 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>

monimarine

This is the third? dress with fit issues? Lissie's tea dress, Lizzie's tea dress and now her Christmas gown?

Looks like this Christmas is going to be an AGoT Christmas for us. This news doesn't make me very confident in purchasing any of the new historical items for Lissie. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starearedkid:
    I was thinking that too. If for in fact they were trying to skimp on fabric for the dolls and such in order to save money, they are now indeed losing money on these dresses. Either for some people that won't buy them because the sleeves are too tight (I for one will wait until after the holidays in hope that they will fix the problem with the sleeves.) or think of all the money shipping and such and how most of them are ripped now.

*sighs*

-Jordyn
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They have to be taking a bath on this but think how much worse it could be if very many people buy the clothes press, realize they can't use it for clothes storage, and start insisting that AG take it back. I know AG could refuse, pointing out that the dimensions were visible, etc. but if they have any hope of retaining customer goodwill, they'll have to allow returns.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Has anyone called and asked when we can expect a new, bigger batch out? I mean, I'm not going to buy something just to have to keep returning it. And the thing is, Elizabeth in her Christmas gown was going to be my first public AG outing. I wanted to take her to the Smithsonian and take a pic of her and the dress her Christmas dress was obviously based on. Grrrrrr. Could someone call? Everytime I call, I get somebody who knows nothing [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When the new outfit comes and I see if that had problems too, I'll call and ask for them to send me another at the next batch out. Maybe that will help to learn when the next batch will come out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, if you saw from my review post, just about every new Felicity and Elizabeth outfit I got had a problem! My Elizabeth's Christmas Gown was so tight that the seams at the bodice were pulling apart and the shoes were such a struggle to get on, they were tight as well! and Felicity's tea dress, those sleeves were super tight, took alot of muscle to pull them up all the way!

And it was funny because when I called about them, the guy CS rep. said "oh really?, we haven't really heard of any problems with these!". I was like "are you kidding me?! I read an AG message board and about 100% of the people that have gotten these items have the same if not worse problems!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with the scrimping on fabric. Since it is all machine done some bonehead sure thought they were saving some $$ by cutting it so close...such ashame too because both of the dresses I am sending back F's tea, and E's ballgown are just beautiful. I hope they can get this straightened out very soon. I agree with the people already buying for Christmas and not trying on the outfits...I have done that in the past too, but never had a problem..poor kids who get these flawed dresses for the holiday's. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Shelly

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast