Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any of you have a tough time parting with a specific doll? I have 2 Lindsey's... one of which is currently up on ebay... I feel so sad to get rid of her, but at the same time know its not realistic to keep two of her... but she has grown on me so much that part of me wonders if I am making the right choice, and part of me says to stick with my plan of selling.. any of you have a hard time parting with a specific doll? Any stories to share? -Jamie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I once sold a doll I felt that way about.She was non AG.

I was so sad and so sick over selling her, that when the money order came from the buyer, My husband got to it before I did.

He wrote a note to the buyer explaining that I had sold her due to a financial problem we had run into.He explained that I loved my doll, and he could not let me part with her.He refunded her money plus an additional $10.

He told me about this AFTER he heard back from the buyer, and she said she totally understood.I could not help but cry the day my husband told me to unpack her because she was mine to keep.He had packed her for me because I could not bear to do it.

Several weeks later, the kind buyer emailed me to say she had found a similar doll for a good deal.She was very happy.I looked at the auction she won and noticed her dolly had no clothes.I sewed the best layette I possibly could, and mailed it ou right away, along with a thank you note.

Needless to say, I will never sell that doll.... again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awww, what a heartwarming story! What a nice thoughtful thing for your husband to do! It shows he really loves you [img]smile.gif[/img] What kind of doll is she?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awww! That is so sweet!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She is a Tabatha faced Ideal Tiny Thumbelina.The body of an Ideal Tiny Thumbelina, with the head of an Ideal Baby Tabatha from the Bewitched series. (She was made that way by Ideal for a very short time)

I collect Thumbelina's and Snoozies from the 1960's. I usually buy broken ones, and repair their clockwork.I have a lot of dolls I have put a lot of hours into.I never buy dolls FOR resale.I buy all of my dolls to love and keep.This was just one of those situations where I could not see any other way to get the money.I was heartbroken from the moment I realized I had to sell her.I typed the discription through tears, lol.I should have known better.

I am lucky to have a very dear, sweet husband who is in tune with my feelings.He is truly one of a kind.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 28, 2005 04:20 PM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

American_Mommy, what a sweet story! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] My boyfriend did a similar thing for me once when I tried to sell some AG's to pay for a massive car repair bill. I sold them and packed them up and shipped them off, and he tracked down one of the buyers and convinced her to sell the dolls she'd bought back to him. Then he gave them to me for Christmas. Definitely one of the best surprises I've ever gotten. [img]smile.gif[/img] Isn't it great when the men in our life won't let us get rid of our dolls? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

monimarine

We just parted ways with Lissie and Kailey. It broke my heart to do it to DD and she cried her eyes out when we sent Lissie out to her new home last weekend. I just didn't have any other choice. I know it hurt her, but Kit is truly her favorite and I would never sell her Kit for any reason.

DD worked so hard last school year to catch up to her new classmates in a new school system in order to be reading chapter books by the end of first grade. She also sold alot of her stuff on ebay in order to raise the money to buy Kailey. I was happy we found one for a decent BIN NIB.

Stuff just happens and we needed the money.

I have to make it up to her somehow........

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so sorry. I totally feel your pain. Don't worry, someday she will understand.It sounds like it hurts you every bit as much as it hurts her.I am sorry.I have been there myself.

monimarine

I couldn't stand to see her cry. It was one of those hard, but silent thunderstorms of tears. I hate myself for the situation we are in and doing that to her. That is what hurts the most- the fact that I did it and didn't have a choice. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, Lindsey now has less than 2 hours to go before she is officially "sold"... :/ If I think on the bright side though, #23 is on her way and I can pay off my bill from when I bought #24! Still, I feel a little sad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast