Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My birthday is in two weeks! My AG wish list..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My family (DH, DD, her friend) and I went to AGPNY in early August.

Ever since seeing JLY 14, (light skin, dark brown hair, blue eyes) I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. I felt the same way Samantha did when she was admiring the beautiful 'Nutcracker' doll in the toy shop window at Christmas time.

For the past few years, my parents have given me cash for my birthday. If they do again this year, I'm going to use it to help pay for JLY 14. I'm so excited! (I might ask DH or DD for the Butterfly Brocade outfit.)

Is there anything unusual about wanting an AG for one's birthday? Not really. Except this is going to be my 49th birthday, and I haven't asked for a doll since I asked for a 'Little Kiddles' for my 9th birthday!

As for my parents..they're both 81, very frail, (my mother's a bedridden stroke victim, but still very sharp, mentally.) I never really want any 'gifts' from them, as every day they're alive now is a gift itself for me. I usually try to refuse the cash when my father presents it to me. This year I'll surprise them, and show them what I bought with their generous gift. I know it'll really make them happy. (Especially my mother!) My father even still likes to buy model airplanes, LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My birthday is on the 16th and I have asked my fiance for either Emily and or Jess. The last doll I asked for was for Christmas when I was 12 (11 years ago and I got my Molly after years of asking). My fiance agreed that I can have one for my b-day and one for Christmas, but the catch is that he gets to choose which one I get (form my list of course).
    #14 is a cutie! I think you folks would fall in love with her too.
    Good luck, and you know we will all want pictures of her when you get her.

-Jenifer

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

49th birthday?... I think it is definately time for you to get your own American Girl Doll!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    And if you can get it with birthday money from your parents - it will always be so special to you. Your parents will enjoy seeing you with your doll - my Mom liked to see what we would get with any money she gave us. It gave her a certain amount of pleasure too - and she would say we were going to get the money anyway after she died so she might as well give it to us now and watch us enjoy it. So I think you should accept the money, get a doll and really let yourself enjoy it. What will you name her?
    By the way, I am 43 and have lots of dolls - and love every one of them!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree that it's time you got your own doll. [img]wink.gif[/img] AGT 14 is beautiful, you are going to love her! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's so sweet about your father still collecting model airplanes. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm lucky too, that my parents aren't bothered by my habit (actually, I enabled my mom into buying Kit for herself [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ).

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 25, 2006 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am getting Emily from my DH for my 30th (AH!) birthday which is 9/9. I am so excited. He supports my collection. I have enabled by mom to like AG herself so I am sure she will give me money too. Let us all see your new doll when you get her! It's always so fun to get a new doll!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nothing unusual at all (at least not on this board)!

I got my first AG doll this year for my 36th birthday.

What a lovely gift it will be. Make sure to post pics if/when you get her.

Happy Birthday (a little early)!! [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My birthday was last week. My MIL gave me money. My mom and I went to a sample sale last night and she bought me several things. I paid for the rest with my birthday money from my MIL. I need the clothes for school and the prices were good - less than AG outfits [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I wouldn't have spent the money on myself so I'm glad I had my birthday money but part of me wishes I had spent at least some on AG. I hope you are able to get the girl you want. It sounds like it will please everyone. Your parents sound very sweet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for all of your thoughtful comments! [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll be sure to post pictures of her!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YES, YES, ask for AG for your birthday!!!

I got Marisol for my last (46th) birthday, from my DH, and AGOT #4 for the birthday before! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Too bad I wasn't back into AG until then---all those wasted birthdays! [img]frown.gif[/img]

A birthday gift should be something fun for YOU, and if AG dolls are fun, then go for it!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast